I’ll be watching Rex’s presser today for the last time.

CanadienJetsFan

In about 10 minutes from now, Rex’s press conference will begin. I used to love watching them when Rex would actually make a point and try and get under his opponent’s skin by either jawing it out with some player or taking on the likes of Bill Bellicheat, et al. Most times, he was actually succesful in getting into the minds of opposing players.

Today’s press conference will be extra special because we’re playing the Pats this week-end and let’s face it we’ll propably get spanked quite hard as well.

I hope that the old Rex resurfaces today ( wishful thinking i know). I guess it’s one of the things i’ll miss most once he’s gone.

In about 10 minutes from now, Rex’s press conference will begin. I used to love watching them when Rex would actually make a point and try and get under his opponent’s skin by either jawing it out with some player or taking on the likes of Bill Bellicheat, et al. Most times, he was actually succesful in getting into the minds of opposing players.

Today’s press conference will be extra special because we’re playing the Pats this week-end and let’s face it we’ll propably get spanked quite hard as well.

I hope that the old Rex resurfaces today ( wishful thinking i know). I guess it’s one of the things i’ll miss most once he’s gone.

I will miss Rex the person if only he could have been a complete HC he could have been here longer then any other Jet HC.

- No update on Wilk, might play, might not

- Adams will start at CB, hopes AA is healthy enough to be in the mix as well

- Thomas wasn't cut because he lost his IPAD/Playbook (why would they be stupid enough to admit it)

- Avoids uniting with Revis in the future question, says BB is a great guy, would have a drink with him

I will miss Rex the person if only he could have been a complete HC he could have been here longer then any other Jet HC.

Part of me feels this way, part of me looks at Rex and sees a guy that is great at manipulating the sh*t out of people by being an affable buffoon. He reminds me of the CEO of my former company, a hot mess, that you kind of rooted for because he was a nice guy, even if he wasn't very good at his job... turned out he was stealing from my co-worker 401k's.

- No update on Wilk, might play, might not

- Adams will start at CB, hopes AA is healthy enough to be in the mix as well

- Thomas wasn't cut because he lost his IPAD/Playbook (why would they be stupid enough to admit it)

- Avoids uniting with Revis in the future question, says BB is a great guy, would have a drink with him

Yup, a stinker of a press conference indeed. I thought it had potential when “I’m not here to kiss his rings” topic was brought up.

Rex will do pretty well as a color man next year, he’s made for tv.

The day rex is fired I will organize a candle light vigil throughout the tri state area. I will weep for him

The over and under on how many times Rex says... "and that stuff"  is 7.

He may be the most inarticulate speaker ever to stand before a podium.

Hey...we might actually win a game after a bye week and not draft a defensive player in round 1 who needs to be benched.

Question for you when he's gone will the hate stop or continue as usual?? hexer.gif

To the fans?  What the hell are you talking about?

Exactly what I said Rex is an Idiot and it comes through in his press conferences. The Press make an ass out of him more often than not and love the fact hes still the HC for their own gain. I talk football with many different fans of other teams and the general consensus is that Rex is a blow hard that wore out his welcome. As a Jets fan it can get embarrassing that this is what the team you root for trots out there week after week. How much do you have to take from Giants fans laying it on ? There is a bit of a fan rivalry there not sure if you deal with that but I do and yes Rex is ALWAYS a topic of conversation with other fans more so than even the players themselves

Exactly what I said Rex is an Idiot and it comes through in his press conferences. The Press make an ass out of him more often than not and love the fact hes still the HC for their own gain. I talk football with many different fans of other teams and the general consensus is that Rex is a blow hard that wore out his welcome. As a Jets fan it can get embarrassing that this is what the team you root for trots out there week after week. How much do you have to take from Giants fans laying it on ? There is a bit of a fan rivalry there not sure if you deal with that but I do and yes Rex is ALWAYS a topic of conversation with other fans more so than even the players themselves

For a guy who calls himself Smashmouth you acting a little bit like a pansy.  Rex coaches the sh*tty team we root for, he's not our child, parent or spouse.  It pisses me off at times but embarrassed?  Nah. I save that for things that really matter.

He is a reflection of what we root for, if he's a hot mess , what does that say about fans? Not much.

I see no relation.  We were fans before Rex and we will be fans after.  He got off to a hot start and now his act has worn thin on most.  Feeling embarrassed about the way the current coach of the team you root for acts is dumb.  It's schtick and he gets paid nice for it.  We are not responsible for his actions. He is.  

I see no relation. We were fans before Rex and we will be fans after. He got off to a hot start and now his act has worn thin on most. Feeling embarrassed about the way the current coach of the team you root for acts is dumb. It's schtick and he gets paid nice for it. We are not responsible for his actions. He is.

He isn't Robin Williams, he's not paid for schtick. Implying such is dumber than being embarrassed that the most visible representative of the team I pride myself in rooting for is a complete **** up.

He isn't Robin Williams, he's not paid for schtick. Implying such is dumber than being embarrassed that the most visible representative of the team I pride myself in rooting for is a complete **** up.

Just like you and I here he does it because he likes the result.  He enjoys being the loveable oaf.  I think it's beyond reasonable to not like him or be completely fed up with his act by now.  But to be embarrassed by him?  Bit much.  Someone tells me Rex is an idiot I just nod my head to the side and do the hands up whatever thing i do and move on.  His actions have zero effect on what I am or what I do.  Nothing to be embarrassed about because I have no control over it.  

It's probably me Ape  I just associate being embarrassed by things I actually control. 

Just like you and I here he does it because he likes the result.  He enjoys being the loveable oaf.  I think it's beyond reasonable to not like him or be completely fed up with his act by now.  But to be embarrassed by him?  Bit much.  Someone tells me Rex is an idiot I just nod my head to the side and do the hands up whatever thing i do and move on.  His actions have zero effect on what I am or what I do.  Nothing to be embarrassed about because I have no control over it.  

It's probably me Ape  I just associate being embarrassed by things I actually control. 

Agree to disagree.

Archived