Harbaugh considering supposed Michigan job offer

faba

Jim Harbaugh 'considering' Michigan

Updated: December 17, 2014, 6:36 PM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN.com
  •  

Multiple NFL and Michigan sources had said for weeks that 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh was not expected to wind up at Michigan, but in recent days at least one person familiar with his thinking said he was at least "considering it."

According to multiple reports, Michigan has made a six-year, $49 million offer to Harbaugh. The offer was first reported by Joe Pequeno of CBS5 in Arizona.

Another person close to the process said that while it was possible Harbaugh could wind up at Michigan, "it was not likely."

Asked why he was considering it now, but hadn't been previously, one person said now that the 49ers are out of the playoffs, it was possible for Harbaugh to at least consider the offer.

Jim Harbaugh 'considering' Michigan

Updated: December 17, 2014, 6:36 PM ET

By Adam Schefter | ESPN.com

•  

Multiple NFL and Michigan sources had said for weeks that 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh was not expected to wind up at Michigan, but in recent days at least one person familiar with his thinking said he was at least "considering it."

According to multiple reports, Michigan has made a six-year, $49 million offer to Harbaugh. The offer was first reported by Joe Pequeno of CBS5 in Arizona.

Another person close to the process said that while it was possible Harbaugh could wind up at Michigan, "it was not likely."

Asked why he was considering it now, but hadn't been previously, one person said now that the 49ers are out of the playoffs, it was possible for Harbaugh to at least consider the offer.

Give him the keys to Woody's Ferrari, 1 jet place, the helo, 12mil a year, and some hookers!

Give him the keys to Woody's Ferrari, 1 jet place, the helo, 12mil a year, and some hookers!

49ers just cut Ray McDonald and Justin Smith is about to retire.  We could have Harbaugh for Muhammed Wilkerson in a hot minute once the season is over.  Ofcourse Woody won't do it it would risk John Idzik's legacy of getting us $100 million under the cap to give Wilkerson a 10 year extension.

49ers just cut Ray McDonald and Justin Smith is about to retire.  We could have Harbaugh for Muhammed Wilkerson in a hot minute once the season is over.  Ofcourse Woody won't do it it would risk John Idzik's legacy of getting us $100 million under the cap to give Wilkerson a 10 year extension.

no I want him and Wilks

what is this crazy talk about trading Wilks anyway.

Wow, so he didn't turn down 10 mil. per year when he doesn't even know if the 49ers will bring him back next year. Shocking. Of course he's gonna consider it! You'd have to be absolutely stupid to just shoot an offer like that down. If a bowling team offered him 11 mil. per year he'd consider it.

This is the HC market. Even money the Jets next head coach is someone no one's ever heard of. Anyone you've heard of commands big dough.

In fairness, "anyone you've heard of" is also probably a recycled former Head Coach who, the odds say, will never match any previous success he had in his new spot.

I'm not quite sure why people love big names/former Head Coaches......they're pretty well guaranteed to fail/dissapoint.

Hey, I hear Mike Shannaham is available, whoo hoo!   Not.

This is the HC market. Even money the Jets next head coach is someone no one's ever heard of. Anyone you've heard of commands big dough.

The question that I cant help but ask is, what if Harbaugh turns down Michigan?  Is that his tag now?  Is the NFL team that wants him going to have to pony up 8mil a year for a HC?

The question that I cant help but ask is, what if Harbaugh turns down Michigan?  Is that his tag now?  Is the NFL team that wants him going to have to pony up 8mil a year for a HC?

If Michigan is offering 8, any NFL team would have to pony up like 10.

Compared to the NFL, NCAA HC is an easy job. Mostly recruiting. Bring in the players, and you'll win

If Michigan is offering 8, any NFL team would have to pony up like 10.

Compared to the NFL, NCAA HC is an easy job. Mostly recruiting. Bring in the players, and you'll win

I disagree.  I think the college job is much more demanding.  The recruiting process is grueling and it is far from a level playing field.  It takes forever and these kids change their minds daily. Plus, roster management is twice as hard as you're not only turning it over year after year but they're almost double the size.  Although, job security is much more stable in the college ranks. You can win be a middle of the pack school and expectations arent the same so you can stick around forever depending on the campus. 

Plus, the NCAA is just a ****ed up institution.  You can get banned from it lickity split, meanwhile, the greatest coach of all time was caught red handed in a systematic cheating scandal and nobody cares as he goes on to the HOF.

Over half the teams in the NFL, go the playoffs, so its much easier to achieve success from that perspective. 

I just completely disagree here.  

I disagree.  I think the college job is much more demanding.  The recruiting process is grueling and it is far from a level playing field.  It takes forever and these kids change their minds daily. Plus, roster management is twice as hard as you're not only turning it over year after year but they're almost double the size.  Although, job security is much more stable in the college ranks. You can win be a middle of the pack school and expectations arent the same so you can stick around forever depending on the campus. 

Plus, the NCAA is just a ****ed up institution.  You can get banned from it lickity split, meanwhile, the cheatinest douchebag all time was caught red handed in a systematic cheating scandal and nobody cares as he goes on to the HOF.

Over half the teams in the NFL, go the playoffs, so its much easier to achieve success from that perspective. 

Fixed.

Plus, the NCAA is just a ****ed up institution.  You can get banned from it lickity split, meanwhile, the greatest coach of all time was caught red handed in a systematic cheating scandal and nobody cares as he goes on to the HOF.

12 of 32 is LESS than half. 

Archived