We Need To Keep Rex Ryan!!!! and Fire Idzik + Offseason nd Draft Mocks please????

GangGreenDover

It is not Rex Ryan fault Of the New York Jets failures this year. We should appreciate Having a coach like Rex Ryan. The failures of thus season is due to poor drafting and light additions in the free agency. We are missing key pieces of the team that would have probably improved our record by 85%. 50% of the games that was lost earlier in the season where lost by less than 10 points And could have been won if we would have had some good CB's and good QB play. We also are struggling at the O line position and could also use a #1 WR. We are not far off from being a great team, we just missed out on the key pieces for our offense and defense to work out. I just wanted to get that off my chest even though Rex is on his way out. I do not think it is the best move to fire him because we would be basically giving up one of the best coaches in the league. Rex just needs a GM that's he can get along with and a whole new front office of scouts and a whole new offensive coordinator. Marty doesn't know what he wants to do with the offense seems like he got all timers to me but just tell me what y'all think about I know me and Darelle Revis ain't the only ones that has some sympathy for Rex because of the overall situation he is in. The draft coming up and a lot of changes are about to be made so talking about the outcomes do cheer me up a little. With our future QB being out of reach now and Amari Cooper possibly could be taken before our pick. It seems like we can't get away from the bad luck. I just pray we can become the team I have dreamed of which are Superbowl Champs.

So what's next JetNation? Give me a mock of the off season and the decision of keeping Rex Ryan.

Mock offseason:

January--

John Idzik is FIRED.

Rex Ryan EXTENDED.

GM search begins in earnest as search firm Korn Ferry is retained.

Manish Mehta changes Twitter avatar to selfie that can best be described as "post-coital"

Brian Costello reports that Jets have interest in hiring Bill Walsh.

John Idzik takes job as "cap guru" with Miami Dolphins.

Philadelphia Eagles storm through a surprising playoff run to the Super Bowl. Mark Sanchez ups his playoff passer rating to 99.4.

Brian Costello reports that Jets have interest in hiring Eric DeCosta.

February--

Manish Mehta reports that Bill Walsh is dead, but would have loved to work with Rex Ryan.

Eagles beat Patriots 47-45 in the Super Bowl. Mark Sanchez named Super Bowl MVP, states that "playoff games are pretty cool."

Brian Costello reports that Bill Walsh had an "awful" interview with the Jets and will no longer be considered.

Mo Wilkerson, frustrated with his contract situation, declares that he will hold out.

Darrelle Revis, on getting burned by Jordan Matthews for three long TDs in the Super Bowl: "Just think, the Jets could have had both of us."

The Miami Dolphins sign free agent CB Darrelle Revis to 2 year, $14 million dollar deal.

Rex Ryan appears on Letterman, wearing a zombie costume. "Cuz they can't kill me!" he explains, to wild applause.

Manish Mehta reports that Miami Dolphins Assistant GM John Idzik may or may not be harboring al Qaeda militants at his Miami estate.

Eric DeCosta declines interview with Jets, stating "Come on now."

Brian Costello reports Jets have sincere interest in hiring Marv Levy.

Ficus in the office formerly occupied by John Idzik dies.

Free agent QB Mark Sanchez signs 5 year, $110 million dollar contract with Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Manish Mehta writes 2,785 word article detailing how John Idzik "totally blew it by cutting Mark Sanchez."

Jets search for GM moves into its sixth week with no actual interviews having occurred.

Brian Costello reports that Marv Levy's interview "was a back-alley abortion," and that the Jets have set their sights on hiring Jerry Jones to fill their vacant GM slot.

Manish Mehta writes article attempting to connect Jerry Jones to the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.

Korn Ferry announces first official interview for Jets GM job, with ESPN personality Herman Edwards.

Rob Ryan is hired by the Jets and given the title of Assistant Head Coach/Nickel Defense.

Sheldon Richardson, frustrated by his contract situation, announces his intent to hold out.

Miami Dolphins sign free agent guard Mike Iupati to 4 year, $16 million dollar contract.

Jets hire Rob Ryan's "pal" from college "Big Mel," who was working as a Fiat mechanic in Abilene. He is given the title "Assistant Head Coach/Push ups"

Herm Edwards declines lucrative offer to take over as GM/Team President of the New York Jets.

Manish Mehta reports that Herm Edwards may or may not have been involved in the whole Lindbergh baby thing.

Vegas installs Tampa Bay Buccaneers as Super Bowl Favorites.

March--

Korn Ferry returns retainer to Woody Johnson, tells him to check out CareerBuilder.

Rex Ryan appears on The Michael Kay show and issues demand to be referred to only as "Chief." Kay demurs.

The Miami Dolphins sign free agent WR Demaryius Thomas to a 2 year, $11 million dollar deal.

Rex Ryan announces that he has agreed to serve as both Head Coach and General Manager of the New York Jets. Woody Johnson, in a statement, proclaims, "I just can't get enough of this guy!"

Mo Wilkerson is re-signed to an 11 year, $245 million dollar contract.

Sheldon Richardson is re-signed to an 11 year, $245 million dollar contract.

Quinton Coples is re-signed to an 11 year, $245 million dollar contract.

Dawan Landry is re-signed to an 11 year, $245 million dollar contract.

Jason Babin is re-signed to an 11 year, $245 million dollar contract.

David Harris is re-signed to an 11 year, $245 million dollar contract.

Santonio Holmes is re-signed to an 11 year, $245 million dollar contract.

Kyle Wilson is re-signed to an 11 year, $245 million dollar contract.

Buddy Ryan accepts offer to become Assistant Head Coach/Noogies and is signed to an 11 year, $245 million dollar contract.

The Miami Dolphins sign Marshawn Lynch to a 2 year, $6 million dollar deal.

April--

Manish Mehta writes an article entitled "The Wisdom of Woody: How a Little Patience Paved The Way For a Title Run Probably."

Brian Costello reports that the Jets have interest in hiring Bum Phillips.

Pre-draft visits begin. Rex Ryan refuses to visit with any prospect that's ever worn a collared shirt, or has at any point maintained a GPA above 1.0.

Rex Ryan refers to Marcus Mariota as "Another Nacho." Mariota, Latino community, express confusion.

The Miami Dolphins complete trade with the Detroit Lions, agreeing to acquire WR Calvin Johnson in return for a 2015 third round choice.

NY Jets sign free agent WR Jalen Saunders to a 4 year, $67 million dollar contract.

NY Jets agree to terms with Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator Barry Switzer.

NY Jets sign free agent QB Ryan Mallet to 11 year, $245 million dollar contract.

May--

Jets trade their first round pick (#6 overall) to the Miami Dolphins for CB Darrelle Revis.

Jets trade their second round selection (#38 overall) to the San Francisco 49ers for OLB Aldon Smith.

With their third round selection, the NY Jets select Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State.

The Jets fourth round selection goes to the Seattle Seahawks to complete an earlier trade for WR Percy Harvin. When asked why Harvin wasn't cut and re-signed, GM Rex Ryan admits, "I told Jeff Weeks to remind me and I guess he just forgot."

Remainder of the draft:

Rd 5: DE who came from a rough upbringing.

Rd 6: CB who came from a rough upbringing.

Rd 7: Scotty McKnight.

Hilarious, Shane.

Before even reaching your post I figured this thread was a devious Max plan, but figured we'd be getting post count quantity over quality. And then I read about Big Mel. At that point I woke up Mrs. Sperm with my late night giggling, and this time it wasn't because I was taking naked selfies.

The Jets fourth round selection goes to the Seattle Seahawks to complete an earlier trade for WR Percy Harvin. When asked why Harvin wasn't cut and re-signed, GM Rex Ryan admits, "I told Jeff Weeks to remind me and I guess he just forgot."

Fire Jeff Weeks!

We ruin? So Rex had no hand in this mess?

I dont think Rex's strategy was to trade away his best player and ride or die with Geno Smith as his QB.  

Does he have a hand in the mess? Of course he does.  But this isnt his team, its John Idzik's, and its this one of the worst rosters in the league that no coach in history could win with.

I dont think Rex's strategy was to trade away his best player and ride or die with Geno Smith as his QB.  

Does he have a hand in the mess? Of course he does.  But this isnt his team, its John Idzik's, and its this one of the worst rosters in the league that no coach in history could win with.

Decker, Harvin, Ivory, Amaro , Mangold, Brick on O  a stacked Dline, Demario Davis ,Harris , Folk . This team is not devoid of talent . The problem is its lacking in one key offensive area QB and on defense we're weak at the position (CB) our HC needs to make his scheme work. 

I'll contend with better coaching this could be a very productive offense - yet our HC wants to win via G&P, because he's afraid of his QB making mistakes.  On D he's just too stubborn and proud to adjust his schemes to help offset the lack of talent in the secondary, but its funny he can do it against Brady and Manning , because they're worthy of gameplanning for,  otherwise its let's just roll out my one trick pony D.

I'd even say give any other current HC and staff this roster and they'll produce more wins  than the Florham Park Fraud has .

Archived