Will Geno have an NFL career after the Jets?

Blackout

32 teams passed on him once, will they do it again when he eventually is booted off this team in the off season?

genoo.0.gif

yes

I think his 2 biggest problems are maturity and being a pussy

he has a good chance of growing up some and maybe he can toughen up too and stop being a big pussy.

I think he can have some success in another market.

32 teams passed on him once, will they do it again when he eventually is booted off this team in the off season?

To be fair, those teams passed on him in 1 single round of a draft.  They'd have had 5 or so more chances had we not picked him up, right?

So it's mathematically possible that 32 teams are pissed because we stole him when we did.   :)

Smith isn't going anywhere.  He's on his rookie contract with two more cheap years

left.  He's proven he has NFL talent, at worst he'll be a backup next year

Simple as this.  Depending on the coach coming in he may actually have a chance to start again next year.  Hopefully we draft a QB, pick a veteran and have an ACTUAL competition next year in training camp.  

genoo.0.gif

In Geno's defense, at least he didnt try to swamp the ball around his back when he was getting taken down for a safety this time around.

IMPROVEMENT!!!!

Smith isn't going anywhere.  He's on his rookie contract with two more cheap years left.  He's proven he has NFL talent, at worst he'll be a backup next year

Basically.

And when he and the Jets do eventually part ways, Geno will latch on somewhere as a backup - maybe even as someone competing for a starting job. He's got the physical tools and experience. He'll get a few more chances.

I agree with SickJetFan, too. Geno's biggest problem is emotional. He lacks maturity, and falls into a deep depression at the first sign of adversity. He's a guy who could grow up and get better.

Basically.

And when he and the Jets do eventually part ways, Geno will latch on somewhere as a backup - maybe even as someone competing for a starting job. He's got the physical tools and experience. He'll get a few more chances.

I agree with SickJetFan, too. Geno's biggest problem is emotional. He lacks maturity, and falls into a deep depression at the first sign of adversity. He's a guy who could grow up and get better.

I agree that that a lot of Smith's issues are emotional, that and the fact he never played under center in college, and is having a hard time adjusting to the NFL.

Mechanical issues can be fixed by coaching and repetition. Panic not so much

I think so, the kid will be on the jets roster for the next two years while he is under contract. I think he needs coaching and maturing.  Some team will grab him for the third qb, as long as he matures the kid has enough physical talent to stay in the NFL

yes

I think his 2 biggest problems are maturity and being a pussy

he has a good chance of growing up some and maybe he can toughen up too and stop being a big pussy.

I think he can have some success in another market.

Or a dick

genoo.0.gif

Looking at that I think the grounding call is a bit questionable.  Ivory is certainly close to the ball.  Looks closer to Mangold and Geno's intent was obviously to push it forward, but I don't know.  Maybe it is perspective and Ivory is futher back than he looks. 

Looking at that I think the grounding call is a bit questionable.  Ivory is certainly close to the ball.  Looks closer to Mangold and Geno's intent was obviously to push it forward, but I don't know.  Maybe it is perspective and Ivory is futher back than he looks. 

Def wasn't going to Ivory, he was behind the whole play. 

Archived