Schefter believes Idzik will be fired!

Seth

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure it's obvious to everybody he's a goner. During last weeks game they showed him standing by himself in the tunnel like a rat. After the game he wasn't in the locker room, instead Rex gave a big speech with Woody next to him, he even got the game ball. Looks like to me that he will be back and Idzik will be fired. Rex is not the issue.

I'm sure it's obvious to everybody he's a goner. During last weeks game they showed him standing by himself in the tunnel like a rat. After the game he wasn't in the locker room, instead Rex gave a big speech with Woody next to him, he even got the game ball. Looks like to me that he will be back and Idzik will be fired. Rex is not the issue.

Rex is getting fired, that is the given. Please don't set yourself up for disappointment, and Rex is every bit the issue as well. Clean house is the only option.

It's a wee bit up for debate whether the should or shouldn't be fired but his draft and fa results have sunk him if he is getting canned.  Having a vry supsect head coach and terrible coaching staff foisted on you is a tough thing to overcome as well.  If he does get fired Woody had better do it right this time and properly clean house and give the next GM total control over all aspects of the team.

If Rex somehow survives this debacle I'll iterally puke.

Maybe Woody is getting the message that he goosed it by making Rex part of the package last time and doesn't want to limit the potential HC pool this time by hanging onto a guy who at best has an incomplete grade and at worst is the joke of the league after this year's draft whiff. Can't find a replacement for David Nelson in strongest WR class since maybe ever. That's a one strike and you're out kind of deal imho.

Wow - the love the people have here for an under qualified DC. He was great when he had stacked teams in Balt and inherited a pretty good roster from Mangini/Tanny . On his own he's proven time and time again he's in way over his head , yet the hordes fall for his showmanship.

I've been following this team for over 40 years and I'm seriously considering taking a year off from this team if Idz the idiot is retained. I've never done that before even during the Kotite years.

I like Rex but it is time to clean house top to bottom. That being said, If Rex stays and Idz goes the reaction around here will be priceless.

Yeah, I guess MetLife more than half filled with your opponent's fans or empty is just phantasmagoric to Woody.  Doubt he sees the local headlines, too.

Hell Jet fans sell their tickets and don't show up during winning seasons - why should this year be any surprise. 

Not entirely sure why but that made me laugh for 15 seconds...

oh and, yay!

It's a wee bit up for debate whether the should or shouldn't be fired but his draft and fa results have sunk him if he is getting canned. Having a vry supsect head coach and terrible coaching staff foisted on you is a tough thing to overcome as well. If he does get fired Woody had better do it right this time and properly clean house and give the next GM total control over all aspects of the team.

If Rex somehow survives this debacle I'll iterally puke.

Idz status is up for debate as much as Rex is. Idz is atrocious at just about everything. I'll puke if he's retained.

Hell Jet fans sell their tickets and don't show up during winning seasons - why should this year be any surprise. 

lol  You're right.  Back in the 80s/90s (before sites like StubHub) you had tons of season ticket holders showing up outside Giants Stadium just in the hope of unloading their tickets for any price.

Reason #2 I can't wait for the season to be over.....the end to all this speculation and theory-crafting on the GM and Head Coach spots.

With that said, I hope people are not sleeping on the idea that Idzik could be fired and Rex retained.  It's far more possible that I think anyone presumes it is.

If you define full revolt as Manish Mehta and his Eight Tiny Billboarding media whores, I guess so.

Absolutely, because every other Jets fan on the planet is ecstatic with the way the obvious needs were addressed in free agency and the roster was replenished through the last two drafts  

Wow - the love the people have here for an under qualified DC. He was great when he had stacked teams in Balt and inherited a pretty good roster from Mangini/Tanny . On his own he's proven time and time again he's in way over his head , yet the hordes fall for his showmanship.

Just about every NFL expert disagrees with you and say he's a great DC and brilliant defensive mind. Now that doesn't make him a great HC, but calling him a below average DC is absurd.

Reason #2 I can't wait for the season to be over.....the end to all this speculation and theory-crafting on the GM and Head Coach spots.

With that said, I hope people are not sleeping on the idea that Idzik could be fired and Rex retained. It's far more possible that I think anyone presumes it is.

Agree wIth this. Woody certainly likes the guy

Idz status is up for debate as much as Rex is. Idz is atrocious at just about everything. I'll puke if he's retained.

got rid of a bunch of deadwood, made a reasonable trade of Revis, drafed sheldon richardson.  Has left the team with a of cap room.  did not fall for the old 'pay thorugh the nose' for medium free agents like DRC.  The guy botched his fa signings and last years draft was terrible so if he goes it will not be without cause but the new gm will be stepping into a decent situaiton.

Some good young players, lots of cap space and hopefully a totally purged coaching staff.

Just about every NFL expert disagrees with you and say he's a great DC and brilliant defensive mind. Now that doesn't make him a great HC, but calling him a below average DC is absurd.

Rex is the same as his twin.  We've seen this the last few years and will see if if and when he becomes a dc again.  Give him great players in most or some key positions and he'll look pretty good.  Give him some major deficiences and his D will suck, just like Rob ryan.

Archived