Julian Edelman dealing with a concussion

Jetfan13

12/18/2014 9:01:30 AM

New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman has been listed with a thigh injury for weeks, but was also listed with a concussion on Wednesday's practice report, and participated in practice on a limited basis, Erik Frenz of the Boston Globe reports.

Edelman will have to pass concussion protocol before he is cleared to play again

Damn. Now they will only win by 4 touchdowns.

On the other hand, the serious weather predictions are gone from the forecast

My original prediction was Pats 69 Jets 13 in good weather and only 47-6 in a monsoon.

If Edelstein is out, I'm modifying the good weather prediction way down to 62-13

Edelman has been playing with a concussion all year, Pats have broken the rules on protocol all year. He will turn out

like wayne chrebet

Against the Phins last week, he received 3 brutal head shots in the first half and got up each time.

Pats should have sat him down at halftime for the rest of the game.

Don't Cry for me Edeltina when your Brain is fried...No Lawsuit for U.

Dude that is nothing.

I was listening to an interview with Welker this morning in which they were discussing his three concussions this year.

He was cavalier about it basically saying he hears the "he should retire" talk, but he will deal with the repercussions when they happen.  He still wants to play.

Dude that is nothing.

I was listening to an interview with Welker this morning in which they were discussing his three concussions this year.

He was cavalier about it basically saying he hears the "he should retire" talk, but he will deal with the repercussions when they happen.  He still wants to play.

Welker has same issue, but he also has missed games from being concussed. Edelman has been playing concussed all year

Welker has same issue, but he also has missed games from being concussed. Edelman has been playing concussed all year

No doubt.

That is the sh*ttiness of the situation.  NFL culpability aside, players far too often know they are concussed and still want to play.  The protocols needs to include longer "temporary IR time.  I thinkit was Patrice bergeron of the Bruins that missed most of a season due to concussions.  Crosby as well.  Yet, Wes has onlyt missed a few games due to his 3 this year and likely 20+ for his career. 

Dude that is nothing.

But like many before him, when the repercussions appear, he will try to sue the league because they didn't protect or warn him properly.

I think also with Welker money is a factor, he never really made as much, even with the patriots, so he's also doing the best he can to get every little penny he could before it's over for him. I feel it's gonna cost him later in life...get ready for an HBO real sports segment about him.

Edelman too, you could clearly tell he's been concussed, how he gets back on the field is beyond me.

I think also with Welker money is a factor, he never really made as much, even with the patriots, so he's also doing the best he can to get every little penny he could before it's over for him. I feel it's gonna cost him later in life...get ready for an HBO real sports segment about him.

Edelman too, you could clearly tell he's been concussed, how he gets back on the field is beyond me.

Welker might not have made Calvin money, but the guy has made ~30 million. 

Now, maybe he is an idiot with is money.

He actually walked away from more money from the Patriots when he signed with the Broncos (12 million).

Welker might not have made Calvin money, but the guy has made ~30 million. 

Now, maybe he is an idiot with is money.

He actually walked away from more money from the Patriots when he signed with the Broncos (12 million).

Talking about misjudging the market, he actually thought he was going to get 5 and 40, he should have took the 2 and 15 the pats offered.

Archived