Alex Klein to lead Jets Chant on Sunday

Maxman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Alex who will lead the Jets chant on Sunday. Between the penalty flag towels and the Jets offense, I hope we have some reasons to do the J E T S chant.

A lot of people belong to Alex's page on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/JetsFans/

Anyhow, good luck Alex.

Never met him but seems like a good guy and I see a lot of his stuff on FB.  Hope he does great.

That facebook page is easily one of the reasons I deleted my account to facebook almost a year ago.  It actually helped me realize why so many people cannot stand Jets' fans. 

hah hah you think the bickering here is tough- that page is people going wild

the coordinated jets chant is disappointing. not to rag personally on the jets but everything is so contrived and corporatized nowadays. they take a nice grass roots thing and make it all slick corporate. i liked it better when the chants were led by a random fat guy from LI momentarily coming out of his drunken stupor and feeling the urge to give the team a boost.

I was hoping they would select Ira from Staten Island for game 8.

Since this dumb chant was lame even way back when our fully paid furry mascot Ed was doing it from his comped seats, I pray that Sunday will be the official FINAL game ever for the chant at Met Life

hah hah you think the bickering here is tough- that page is people going wild

The bickering here reminds me more of a large family: everyone gets along for the most part, but there's always a cousin or distant relative that you hope doesn't show up to the family reunion.  That place, I mean jesus. Not only is the level of intelligent football conversation on there absent, there's just straight up bigoted, racist and hateful posts that go on daily.  For the most part Alex seems like an okay guy, but he and his friends continuously stir the pot on the most ridiculous of sh*t and then play it off like they're just there to moderate. You couldn't pay me enough to read that page daily.

Since this dumb chant was lame even way back when our fully paid furry mascot Ed was doing it from his comped seats, I pray that Sunday will be the official FINAL game ever for the chant at Met Life

Hey - I saw you tell someone to go kill themselves early today and I let it go. Just want to be clear, you need to find a way to make your points without attacking people.

You have problems with a lot of things, Fire Idzik guys, Fireman Ed...we all don't have to have the same opinions. But we need to post the truth about people.

the coordinated jets chant is disappointing. not to rag personally on the jets but everything is so contrived and corporatized nowadays. they take a nice grass roots thing and make it all slick corporate. i liked it better when the chants were led by a random fat guy from LI momentarily coming out of his drunken stupor and feeling the urge to give the team a boost.

I totally agree btw. If the Jets hang on this this they will choke it out.

Give the chant back to the fans. I might take a season or two but eventually a leader will emerge. Doing the chant when the Jets tell you to, only after the Jets score will make sure it fails though.  That would be a shame.

I don't get the Ed hate. Do you even know Ed to be hating on him like that?

The bickering here reminds me more of a large family: everyone gets along for the most part, but there's always a cousin or distant relative that you hope doesn't show up to the family reunion.  

Cough TomShane Cough

I don't get the Ed hate. Do you even know Ed to be hating on him like that?

I've been saying it for years...the Ed hate is a product of jealousy.  Some fans look at him and can't believe that they aren't the most recognized Jets fan on the planet.  They resent him for gaining notoriety for doing something they'd be happy to do too.  There is absolutely zero other logical explanation for hating a guy who shows up to every game and tries to get the crowd pumped up to cheer for the team you love, in unison.  A tradition that many players and coaches have recognized over the years as something that gets them fired up.  The chant is great and it was even better when Ed led it.  I hope he does come back one day.

I've been saying it for years...the Ed hate is a product of jealousy. Some fans look at him and can't believe that they aren't the most recognized Jets fan on the planet. They resent him for gaining notoriety for doing something they'd be happy to do too. There is absolutely zero other logical explanation for hating a guy who shows up to every game and tries to get the crowd pumped up to cheer for the team you love, in unison. A tradition that many players and coaches have recognized over the years as something that gets them fired up. The chant is great and it was even better when Ed led it. I hope he does come back one day.

Agree 100%

This...he didn't quit on the team, he quit allowing drunk losers to target him for the unforgivable crime of trying to pump up the crowd.

Exactly, he would stop and talk to people in the lot. And after games he stayed 45 minutes after to take pictures with a line of people a mile long. The guy is a good dude.

Agree 100%

This plays a lot into the FireIdzik guys too.  Jets fans, getting media attention related to the team and others would love to have their opinions broadcast by beat writers and ESPN.com, etc.  Watching fans get attention for being Jets fans has clearly upset some people.  I'm not referring to those who simply disagree with them because not everyone is going to see eye to eye on stuff like  this.  However, I've seen quite a few people launch some pretty over the top personal attacks that is so far beyond reason that it clearly goes far beyond simply not agreeing.

I didnt intend for this thread to turn into a defending Ed thread, although there have been a few of those here. I just hate it hen folks who dont even know him bash him for no reason. I know ed personally, and he is a great dude.

Great point...I hope Alex does a great job on Sunday and I'll be there to cheer along with the few Jets fans who will be in attendance.

This plays a lot into the FireIdzik guys too. Jets fans, getting media attention related to the team and others would love to have their opinions broadcast by beat writers and ESPN.com, etc. Watching fans get attention for being Jets fans has clearly upset some people. I'm not referring to those who simply disagree with them because not everyone is going to see eye to eye on stuff like this. However, I've seen quite a few people launch some pretty over the top personal attacks that is so far beyond reason that it clearly goes far beyond simply not agreeing.

People got tired of Ed when Ed was put on the Jets payroll.

The FireIdzik guys just come off as misguided front-runners.

I didnt intend for this thread to turn into a defending Ed thread, although there have been a few of those here. I just hate it hen folks who dont even know him bash him for no reason. I know ed personally, and he is a great dude.

+1

Ed's a good guy and a dedicated Jets fan.

SAR I

I will be there also, but mostly for the frat style tailgate that sar loves so much. Sar you are more than welcome. L19 big boy.

Thanks, truly, but just got $80 a seat for my tickets on Stubhub, consider myself lucky.

Next year, I'll be at L19 with bells on*

SAR I

*If Rex Ryan is no longer the head coach.

Archived