Alex Klein to lead Jets Chant on Sunday

Maxman

People got tired of Ed when Ed was put on the Jets payroll.

The FireIdzik guys just come off as misguided front-runners.

I've heard Ed was put on the payroll but like a lot of stuff that floats around it's without merit.  Internet rumor that gets started and people pile on.  In all honesty, even if he was put on the payroll that just adds to the jealousy argument.  Not only was he getting recognized, but now everybody's favorite team liked him so much more than the rest of us that they were paying him.  Jealous younger sibling type of deal IMO.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the motives of the firejohnidzik guys, but as far as I'm concerned, they've delivered on their promise and then some which gives me no reason to question their motives.  And honestly, what front-runner on this planet claims publicly to be a Jets fan anyway?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree btw. If the Jets hang on this this they will choke it out.

Give the chant back to the fans. I might take a season or two but eventually a leader will emerge. Doing the chant when the Jets tell you to, only after the Jets score will make sure it fails though. That would be a shame.

It is what it is. Of the top ten things wrong with this team, this is #700

Alex Kline (Klein) started a rumor on his fan page that thousands of people are now defecting from threatening to have some sort of insider knowledge that anybody who is caught carrying a yellow flag on Sunday will be arrested on the spot and be banned from the stadium for life. I am not going to get in to details of some of the things he is being accused of doing on his forum - but they are all pretty disgusting - and women (in particular) are not very happy with him.

The backlash he is receiving for trying to bully our supporters is well deserved and we are using him as a rallying cry now.. Any time he stands up in his little fancy jester hat - we will be drowning him out with "fire id-zik" chants. This man does not IN ANY WAY represent Jets fans with respect. I know that some around here like him and/or know him… but i am telling you to be cautious of supporting him… go check out the group that hundreds of people started (I am not even a member of it - yet) "The Largest Group of Incensed Jets Fans" for more info.. 

I am 100% against any personal attacks on any Jets fan - but this guy is one messed up dude. 

I've been saying it for years...the Ed hate is a product of jealousy.  Some fans look at him and can't believe that they aren't the most recognized Jets fan on the planet.  They resent him for gaining notoriety for doing something they'd be happy to do too.  There is absolutely zero other logical explanation for hating a guy who shows up to every game and tries to get the crowd pumped up to cheer for the team you love, in unison.  A tradition that many players and coaches have recognized over the years as something that gets them fired up.  The chant is great and it was even better when Ed led it.  I hope he does come back one day.

I've personally seen Ed do some genuine good guy stuff. You will never hear me bad mouth him, he is a good dude. I wish he would swing by our tailgate and hang with us.

And yeah, this whole contest where the jets award a different guy as official mascot for the day was pretty lame, and a huge flop. Did anyone even notice them this season, other than the first one who was promoted heavily in the news media, the guy that got smacked around on mob wives and had the construction worker schtick. smh

This man does not IN ANY WAY represent Jets fans with respect. I know that some around here like him and/or know him… but i am telling you to be cautious of supporting him

Man, it must be so frustrating to see a crackpot attention-seeker using a relatively large platform to misrepresent the Jets fan base in an embarrassing and obsessive manner. 

Man, it must be so frustrating to see a crackpot attention-seeker using a relatively large platform to misrepresent the Jets fan base in an embarrassing and obsessive manner.

Lol

Shane hits the nail on the head with ironing

I am not worried about him misrepresenting the fans. Couldn't care any less about another hokey Neil Glat awkwardly forced "gameday experience" promotion 99.99% of the time. Just bringing attention to the fact that the things being said about him on Facebook - mostly by women - are disturbing. And I have seen factual evidence of things that I am not going to post - but let's just say if I were him, now would be a good time to stop preaching.

I am not worried about him misrepresenting the fans. Couldn't care any less about another hokey Neil Glat awkwardly forced "gameday experience" promotion 99.99% of the time. Just bringing attention to the fact that the things being said about him on Facebook - mostly by women - are disturbing. And I have seen factual evidence of things that I am not going to post - but let's just say if I were him, now would be a good time to stop preaching.

I totally agree btw. If the Jets hang on this this they will choke it out.

Give the chant back to the fans. I might take a season or two but eventually a leader will emerge. Doing the chant when the Jets tell you to, only after the Jets score will make sure it fails though.  That would be a shame.

got goosebumps when the chant just seemed to magically happen, like the crowd had one mind and purpose at that moment. especially when it was not right after a score--like right before a big 3rd down stop opportunity. i know that NFL players are pros and very good at blocking out the noise but that's gotta be intimidating for a team on the road. it was a real homefield advantage. not anymore with the stupid whistle and "jets offense at work" on the jumbotrons and all that. jets fans are plenty passionate we don't need pavlovian signals on when to boo, cheer, scream, cry.

I've been saying it for years...the Ed hate is a product of jealousy. Some fans look at him and can't believe that they aren't the most recognized Jets fan on the planet. They resent him for gaining notoriety for doing something they'd be happy to do too. There is absolutely zero other logical explanation for hating a guy who shows up to every game and tries to get the crowd pumped up to cheer for the team you love, in unison. A tradition that many players and coaches have recognized over the years as something that gets them fired up. The chant is great and it was even better when Ed led it. I hope he does come back one day.

My whole thing on Ed was, like really ? He had to be a Dolphin fan first? I was cool w everything else. The process was organic and fun. Then the media and FO ruined it.

Hating Ed, the person, is beyond moronic tho.

I've been saying it for years...the Ed hate is a product of jealousy.  Some fans look at him and can't believe that they aren't the most recognized Jets fan on the planet.  They resent him for gaining notoriety for doing something they'd be happy to do too.  There is absolutely zero other logical explanation for hating a guy who shows up to every game and tries to get the crowd pumped up to cheer for the team you love, in unison.  A tradition that many players and coaches have recognized over the years as something that gets them fired up.  The chant is great and it was even better when Ed led it.  I hope he does come back one day.

I'll bite.

I don't hate Ed, but I hated his schtick. I don't like being told how to cheer for my team or whether I should be standing or sitting as I watch the game - THAT was what drove me nuts about him.  I don't care if it was an act or not, leave me alone and let me watch the game.  So I am among those who don't like that the Jets have tried to keep the giimcks up after his leaving.  jgb said something similar in an earlier post - it's just too forced at this point.  Not just the chant, the whole leadup to the chant - getting loud with that fake decibel meter, it's all crap.  We know when it's 3rd down on D and we know when to be quiet.  I don't need some "superfan" telling me what time of the game it is.  

Never met Ed - no  opinion of him as a guy, I have heard both good and bad about him from Jets fans and from NYFD personnel...doesn't really sway me either way. 

I'll do the chant this Sunday with this other guy because my son enjoys it.  Maybe we can get a wave going too, because nothing screams high quality NFL football like choreographed chants and waves - and a conga line!!!  That's all we need....chants, waves, conga lines....and this remote control.... :face:

I'll bite.

I don't hate Ed, but I hated his schtick. I don't like being told how to cheer for my team or whether I should be standing or sitting as I watch the game - THAT was what drove me nuts about him. I don't care if it was an act or not, leave me alone and let me watch the game. So I am among those who don't like that the Jets have tried to keep the giimcks up after his leaving. jgb said something similar in an earlier post - it's just too forced at this point. Not just the chant, the whole leadup to the chant - getting loud with that fake decibel meter, it's all crap. We know when it's 3rd down on D and we know when to be quiet. I don't need some "superfan" telling me what time of the game it is.

Never met Ed - no opinion of him as a guy, I have heard both good and bad about him from Jets fans and from NYFD personnel...doesn't really sway me either way.

I'll do the chant this Sunday with this other guy because my son enjoys it. Maybe we can get a wave going too, because nothing screams high quality NFL football like choreographed chants and waves - and a conga line!!! That's all we need....chants, waves, conga lines....and this remote control.... :face:

BTW, checked out this guy Klein's Facebook page. Great place. All real Jet fans should post a message over there commending him...

I'll bite.

I don't hate Ed, but I hated his schtick. I don't like being told how to cheer for my team or whether I should be standing or sitting as I watch the game - THAT was what drove me nuts about him.  I don't care if it was an act or not, leave me alone and let me watch the game.  So I am among those who don't like that the Jets have tried to keep the giimcks up after his leaving.  jgb said something similar in an earlier post - it's just too forced at this point.  Not just the chant, the whole leadup to the chant - getting loud with that fake decibel meter, it's all crap.  We know when it's 3rd down on D and we know when to be quiet.  I don't need some "superfan" telling me what time of the game it is.  

Never met Ed - no  opinion of him as a guy, I have heard both good and bad about him from Jets fans and from NYFD personnel...doesn't really sway me either way. 

I'll do the chant this Sunday with this other guy because my son enjoys it.  Maybe we can get a wave going too, because nothing screams high quality NFL football like choreographed chants and waves - and a conga line!!!  That's all we need....chants, waves, conga lines....and this remote control.... :face:

There's tons of stuff that goes on at the games that I think is silly and gimmicky.  I don't hate it, I just shrug or shake my head and look away.  Even looking at what you said, how exactly is a chant preventing you from watching the game?  Don't like the chant, don't do the chant.  Giving a guy a hard time for having the nerve to do something that unlike the wave, is unique to this team makes it different. I think most players and coaches are full of sh*t with most of what they say, but I do believe it when they say it gets them pumped up when they hear tens of thousands of fans screaming that chant and cheering them on.

Glad that you're doing it to make your kid happy though..that's cool.

My whole thing on Ed was, like really ? He had to be a Dolphin fan first? I was cool w everything else. The process was organic and fun. Then the media and FO ruined it.

Hating Ed, the person, is beyond moronic tho.

Eh...he said he was a phin fan in his pre-teen years.  It's not like he was a phin fan at age 23 and jumped on the Jets bandwagon because they were just so damn successful....that would be a completely different story IMO.

I'm not best friends with that but I've gotten to know him a little bit over the years. I really think he gets a bad rap I've asked him to do something before the season started, charity related. He couldn't have been more eager to help and was 100% genuine.

I'm not best friends with that but I've gotten to know him a little bit over the years. I really think he gets a bad rap I've asked him to do something before the season started, charity related. He couldn't have been more eager to help and was 100% genuine.

You are talking about fireman Ed here right?

Good luck to Alex. But as others have said they took a good organic thing with Ed and the guys from the upper deck in Shea years ago and turned it into slick corporate nonsense. Really the only fan-frneldy thing Idiot Johnson has done is getting hot cheereaders. The rest of the "marketing plan" sucks. Check out the emtpy seats or those filled with massholes Sunday. GREAT JOB, WOODY!

Eh...he said he was a phin fan in his pre-teen years. It's not like he was a phin fan at age 23 and jumped on the Jets bandwagon because they were just so damn successful....that would be a completely different story IMO.

That's fair. Again, nothing personal to Ed but jus typical IMO. Like, oh yeah of course he had to be a dolphin fan of all things as a kid.

No other franchise has a quintessential, recognizable fan except maybe the Raiders and what's more embarrassing than the Raider fan base..

The Broncos have/had the barrel guy for years, and the defending super bowl champs have the dude who paints himself green and does Campbell's soup commercials with Richard Sherman.

I never had a problem with Ed- so he got some perks from what he did for sure but at least he got crowds up and motivated every game - unlike most of the people now just sit in their seats and play with their phones

I'm sure the 14996 dishrag waving Patriot fans and their close allies, the 4 founders of the cause in their club seats will have fun waving their dishrags and cheering for Tawm and Grawnk

LOL

Just wondering. Why are you so obsessed with their Club seats? Hate successful people?

Archived