JetNation Sits Down With FireJohnIdzik.com

JetNation

Take a chill pill bud in case you haven't noticed only the serious fans still care about this team. That include fireidzik and everyone still paying attention this season. Let's not play measure the penis. We all want the same thing

I'm trying to figure out the anti- FireIdzik crowd?

I don't get it. They're turning their TVs on every Sunday & watching the same thing we are, am I missing something? The draft turned out to be a absolute sh*t show! Amaro looks average, my nephew worked for the Jets this summer at Cortland & he thought Amaro looked out of shape. I didn't like his physique before we drafted him & people panned me for it.

He still might end up being serviceable but he ain't gonna be no Jason Witten who actually though YEARS older looks to be more muscular & in WAY better shape than Amaro.

Pryor? Who the hell knows, I'm praying he finally gets it we can't afford another 1st round bust like Gholston.

He also said Geno was as dumb as a box of rocks but said he actually looked pretty good in camp but has already noticed his footwork is sliding back into bad again. Just think back to Green Bay, Geno looked confident he was setting his feet & was pretty damn accurate.

Than he starting taking some hellacious shots again & has regressed back into last years 4 game skid Geno.

I will say one thing regarding the 2014 draft. Everyone keeps screaming 12 draft picks, 12 draft picks, most of those were late rounders, it wasn't like the Jets had multiple picks in the 1st three rounds for Gods sake.

I'm still holding out hope that Ik & Evans and maybe McDougle turn into ballers, that would really help our future.

So to all you FIREIDZIK guys, keep up the good work, it's a free country we live in & honestly it's about time a Jet fans have put that silver spooned idiot Woody in his place. From the Tebow debocle, to this Korn Ferry BS, to keeping Rex while hiring a new GM, (Jets never learn from past mistakes, firing Mangini & keeping Shotty?)

I say TURN UP THE F*CKING HEAT this Sunday & embarrass Woody!

The biggest news in all of this is that this fan base still gives a sh*t how many other places care this much in the lowly 6 that will be picking high in the draft (probably Skins fans) and they should be doing the same thing with their idiot owner.

Look at the owners of the worst teams in football this year. Not a coincidence I say.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those behind this "movement" (bowel movement is more like it) you can
support whatever you like.  BUT DON'T COMPLAIN when you continue to get the
worthless, snarky coverage of the team by the NY media.  Because when you
present to those in power that we are a fan base that is only concerned with
billboards, planes and banners that's the kind of fluff coverage you will
continue to get.  Remember in two weeks when all of the firings go down
this is going to be a very eventful off-season.  We are going to want real
info about:

- The GM search
- The HC search
- Free agency
- The draft
- The extra mini-camps the new coach will get
- Player development
- The longer training camp the new coach will get

And we won't get anything of substance, the media will be trolling our
message boards for their "stories".  You better hope I can get additional

time off to cover the extra mini-camps & longer training camp because

you won't get anything from the media

Hahaha.. KRL imi used to read your training camp recaps on JetsInsider and have a lot of respect for you. You do a great job with those.

Sucks that you are against what we are doing... As somebody who obviously goes above and beyond in order to go to camp and post those recaps, surely you can imagine how much time and effort has gone in to what we are doing. You are passionate about what you do. We are passionate about what we are doing.

But I do have to say - the people who are the most strongly against what we are doing are the so-called "superfans" with blogs and the message board heros who crave their own attention. The everyday fan and a good majority of PSL holders appreciate us giving them a voice.

You don't think that the next GM/Coach candidate might think about having his name flown over practice so that his wife and kids can see the calls for him to be fired all over the news?

Real change comes to those who show real commitment.

I'll tell you this, up in New England the players never bash the fans. Here's a team who has won the division for 11 out of 12 years I think & lost one game this year early in KC that sent their fans into actually questioning whether BB & Brady had lost their mojo, lol.

A writer actually asked BB if he would think about going to Garapoloc,lmao!

BB just smirked (he probably was thinking "what a bunch of morons").

Do you know what that team did? They kept their mouths shut & kept working, kept practicing & got better.

Too many Jet players spewing venom towards the fans, that's what you get with a big mouth like Rex leading the way.

At 2-11 these guys were like "We luv Rex", "the fans are mean to Geno", "we want Rex to stay".

Would you want your Boss back that's killing revenue? You would only if you do nothing & can still pick up your check each week without being held accountable.

For those behind this "movement" (bowel movement is more like it) you can

support whatever you like.  BUT DON'T COMPLAIN when you continue to get the

worthless, snarky coverage of the team by the NY media.  Because when you

present to those in power that we are a fan base that is only concerned with

billboards, planes and banners that's the kind of fluff coverage you will

continue to get.  Remember in two weeks when all of the firings go down

this is going to be a very eventful off-season.  We are going to want real

info about:

- The GM search

- The HC search

- Free agency

- The draft

- The extra mini-camps the new coach will get

- Player development

- The longer training camp the new coach will get

And we won't get anything of substance, the media will be trolling our

message boards for their "stories".  You better hope I can get additional

time off to cover the extra mini-camps & longer training camp because

you won't get anything from the media

Are you trying to say that without the billboards and towels, the Jets would've gotten less snarky coverage in the future? Cimini's been the same guy for a long time, and Mehta was hell-bent on out-Cimini-ing him long before the Fire Idzik campaign started.

We'll continue to get that kind of coverage unless or until the team turns it around and starts winning, IMHO.

Idzik is facing this revolt because he's been terrible at his job. The very definition of in over his head. His slow, methodical, deliberate nature made him look like he was standing still while other executives made free agent moves and draft day trades to improve their teams. Jet fans are generally grumpy, but we haven't seen anything like this since Joe Must Go!

Nope. I don't worry about that at all... This type of reaction is reserved only for unprofessional buffoons.. If you have so little confidence in yourself that you will do a good job and you are worried about what the reaction will be if/when you fail, we don't want you anyway.

+1

New York is a tough place to perform. Whoever takes this job has to be up for it. But do the job well, and they'll be a star.

Also, disappointed there were no towel dispensaries on Long Island. It's the natural home of the Jets. Certainly there were a couple sports bars in Nassau or Suffolk that could've helped spread the good cheer.

More attention for those two turds. Great. Just what this franchise needed. A bunch of idiots turning this into a bigger circus than it already is.

This is the crux of the issue that people have.... it's the fact that they are getting attention, not that they are "wasting money". Jets fans have never done well with sub-sets or individuals within the fanbase garnering any sort of special attention. It's like a kidney shot to their low self-esteem issues. Ask FIreman Ed. 

I hate this "movement" and think the money could be going to a much better cause.

People are bitching about paying for their PSL's but will donate to a billboard?  That makes no sense.  

I will be at this game with my own towel, with flying colors and a positive attitude.  

More attention for those two turds. Great. Just what this franchise needed. A bunch of idiots turning this into a bigger circus than it already is.

So in effect your happy with the status quo?

The Korn Ferry search was a disaster! Keeping Rex just prolonged the inevitable, Woody needs to be held accountable.

My feelings are that the anti-Fireidzik minority wasn't around long enough to see Hess make the same bad decisions, keeping people way longer than necessary.

How Terry Bradway is still here is one of the biggest mysteries regarding this Jets franchise. So, the story is he was banging his hand on the table for Russell, so what happened? Why didn't we draft him or trade up to get him?

The guy has been on their payroll forever & I would think you kept him because you believed in him...right?

So what happened in that draft? How did he not get his way? And who leaked the info about his love affair with Wilson?

The entire structure of this organization is one big giant question mark. It's like a giant clusterf*ck of idiots passing the buck.

Woody should be thankful that he has such passionate fans because let me tell you something, there are a huge amount of fans that have been following this team since Namath & it's getting very close to where there is just apathy.

And when that happens you might as well send the whole f*cking organization to Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles Jets!

I'm actually going man...despite acknowledging the fact that it's time for Rex to go, he led this team to more success than any other HC in my lifetime so I wanted to come out and show a little support.  You around for the season finale?

glutton for punishment eh? ;)

I hate this "movement" and think the money could be going to a much better cause.

People are bitching about paying for their PSL's but will donate to a billboard?  That makes no sense.  

I will be at this game with my own towel, with flying colors and a positive attitude.

If you had lived in Iraq you'd be one of those people that were like "it's not that bad".

So in effect your happy with the status quo?

What does one thing have to do with the other? Of course I'm not happy with the current situation. But you'd have to be absolutely stupid if you thought Woody is feeling like Idzik is doing a great job. He owns the team, of course he knows what's going on. Why would you go to him and point out something that's obvious to everybody? Oh, let me put up a "IDZIK SUCKS LOL" sign. That'll help this franchise. That'll be very productive. That'll force Woody's hand. Major changes - here they come! Now that I put this dumb sign up! Woo! Christ...

Lol at the "you spent so many thousands of dollars on PSLs and you are angry - but spending $25 to help send a message to ownership is stupid" crowd. And I laugh a second time at the people who are still on the "donate that money to charity" crowd since you could literally say that about ANYTHING people decide to spend their hard earned money on that isn't essential to life.

Nope. I don't worry about that at all... This type of reaction is reserved only for unprofessional buffoons.. If you have so little confidence in yourself that you will do a good job and you are worried about what the reaction will be if/when you fail, we don't want you anyway.

I agree with this. If the next guy/regime does not come in with the attitude that he can carry the whole franchise on his back than we still do not have the right guy for the job.

What does one thing have to do with the other? Of course I'm not happy with the current situation. But you'd have to be absolutely stupid if you thought Woody is feeling like Idzik is doing a great job. He owns the team, of course he knows what's going on. Why would you go to him and point out something that's obvious to everybody? Oh, let me put up a "IDZIK SUCKS LOL" sign. That'll help this franchise. That'll be very productive. That'll force Woody's hand. Major changes - here they come! Now that I put this dumb sign up! Woo! Christ...

The obvious seems to escape Woody.

Since he's owned the team, he's never done a complete house cleaning. Tannenbaum lingered from the Parcells years. Bradway started with Herm, took a "demotion," and seemingly can't be fired because he's never in the office. They forced Schottenheimer on Rex. Kept Tanny when they fired Mangini. Forced Rex on the next GM candidate. The way he's been doing business has led to a lot of years of treading water. He needs to do something different. I doubt that he would without a public campaign to get him to do just that. I still don't know if it's gonna happen.

I'm hoping they can get a guy in here who's good enough -powerful enough, famous enough, whatever- that Woody can hand him the keys and gets out of the way.

This isn't just about Idzik it's about Woody too. If you have to hire some head hunters to find the right match & whiff as badly as they did with Idzik you have to make it known how you feel.

There are a lot of fans sitting around saying, "I told you keeping Rex with a new GM is a bad idea". This is a movement to change the good old boy culture within the Jets since Woody has been here. We need someone that can right this ship & answers to no one regarding the direction he wants to take us. Idzik is just another Woody puppet, dangling from his strings.

Do you know how I know that?

Rex should have been fired after coming off another bye week with a no show vs Buffalo. You want to get the players attention?

Take away the person that has been excusing their sorry azzes for 12 weeks.

I've never seen a team with more excuses coming from EVERYWHERE!

This isn't just about Idzik it's about Woody too. If you have to hire some head hunters to find the right match & whiff as badly as they did with Idzik you have to make it known how you feel.

There are a lot of fans sitting around saying, "I told you keeping Rex with a new GM is a bad idea". This is a movement to change the good old boy culture within the Jets since Woody has been here. We need someone that can right this ship & answers to no one regarding the direction he wants to take us. Idzik is just another Woody puppet, dangling from his strings.

Do you know how I know that?

Rex should have been fired after coming off another bye week with a no show vs Buffalo. You want to get the players attention?

Take away the person that has been excusing their sorry azzes for 12 weeks.

I've never seen a team with more excuses coming from EVERYWHERE!

The first and most important thing if you struggle is you don't panic, you don't do something just for the sake of doing something, just because you're pissed or you feel like you have to switch it up. Fire Rex in the middle of the season. Great. Now what? What's your next step? Who takes over? Marty? Dunbar? Sanjay Lal? Are you kidding me? At this point you just have to stick with Rex. You decided to bring him in for another year. Firing him now is not going to put us in a better situation, it'll only make things worse. If you want to go in a new direction let Rex finish the year off and then part ways at the end of the season in a calm and collected manner. Both sides agree to move on, don't turn it into a Raiders type circus where you hire somebody, then a few weeks later fire him again only to get sued, and then you don't even have somebody to replace him with in the middle of the season and so on. The season is lost. It's over. What's the point of trying to quick-fix something right now when we don't even have a Plan B. There is no point.

The obvious seems to escape Woody.

Since he's owned the team, he's never done a complete house cleaning. Tannenbaum lingered from the Parcells years. Bradway started with Herm, took a "demotion," and seemingly can't be fired because he's never in the office. They forced Schottenheimer on Rex. Kept Tanny when they fired Mangini. Forced Rex on the next GM candidate. The way he's been doing business has led to a lot of years of treading water. He needs to do something different. I don't that he would without a public campaign to get him to do just that. I still don't know if it's gonna happen.

I'm hoping they can get a guy in here who's good enough -powerful enough, famous enough, whatever- that Woody can hand him the keys and gets out of the way.

This is really the crux of the problem. This sh*t has to change! Well said, as now here we are again where we probably fire Rex & keep Idzik after he completely whiffed in the draft. Just once & for all can the entire sh*t show, I mean really at this point can it get any worse?

At least the Jaguars are filling out almost the entire team with youngsters growing up together.

The Jets are like the Frankenstein of pro football!

Why is CJ2 here? I think that 4 million would have been better spent on a CB!

Russell Wilson must have covered for a lot of Brenos warts because that guy is terrible! No wonder Carroll just waved goodbye.

Colon? A cast off from the Steelers 2 years ago! Note to GMs..do not ever sign Steelers castoffs (they are pretty damn good at sucking every last bit of these guys before saying sayonara).

Landry? OMG is he really any better than Lowery who we just let walk away?

DBrick & Mangold will probably need to be replaced by time we are on an upswing.

How much money has Harris made? I like David, he's been a great Jet but he's been a toe down LB being paid like he's Patrick Willis.

Who's idea was it to resign that waste of space Cumberland? You couldn't find a big slow WR with good hands in the draft to do what this guy does? Cumberland should be forced to pay Genos health insurance!

Oh, by the way, many, many fans who are not NEARLY the genius that Rex Ryan is have felt that Coples was playing out of position.

Damn, he's looked pretty damn good filling in for Mo Wilkerson who will be the next above average player getting paid like he's a 6 time pro bowler with his 4 & 1/2 sacks. We still have fans that wouldn't trade him for a #1 if we could sign Suh for slightly more than we might have to sign Mo for. Let's see Suh & a #1 that maybe could be Bryce Petty?

Hell no I love having the best Dline in football & a 3-13 record.

What we really need is Jim Harbaugh. Woody needs to go all out if he gets fired. After that it's any bodies guess, Bowles?

He seems like a Tomlin type that would work for me, has roots here.

We'll see.

Bad job by JetNation for giving those jackasses more media attention.  To waste money

on garbage when it could have been donated to a food bank shows how stupid those

morons are.  It also reflects badly on the intelligent fans because now we all get painted

with the same brush by the morons in the media

Very admirable sentiment, but if you meant it don't you think that the time spent on Jets message boards would be better spent serving in a soup kitchen? Or the money spent on Jets tickets, and clothing, would be better used by Toys For Tots?

Very admirable sentiment, but if you meant it don't you think that the time spent on Jets message boards would be better spent serving in a soup kitchen? Or the money spent on Jets tickets, and clothing, would be better used by Toys For Tots?

Ha ha, so true.

I can tell you this, people who squawk & tell people where their money could be "better spent" are the same ones that try to skirt the Salvation Army guy swinging his bell in the front of a store.

And I laugh a second time at the people who are still on the "donate that money to charity" crowd since you could literally say that about ANYTHING people decide to spend their hard earned money on that isn't essential to life.

So now you've shifted from "but we gave SOME to charity," to this? That is priceless.

eh… no point in getting in to a pissing contest with fellow Jets fans… everyone has their side of the argument. I am happy that there are sites like JetNation that does research and writes a fair article. People have already drawn their line in the sand as to which side of the argument they are on when it comes to our movement. I have a feeling that most of them will someday thank us for our efforts. 

Wow, this is a pretty hot topic. A lot of passion on both sides.

The funniest part of all of this is this inane idea that the FIREIDZIK crowd is somehow shining a negative light on Jet fans in general,lol.

Like Jet fans are some kind of model for all other fans to follow.

Now if this was Green Bay & you felt that it was showing fans in a negative light than I might somehow see your point as Green Bay fans for the most part are pretty classy.

Jet fans on the other hand...well I'll let SAR describe most of them,lol.

We literally chased Fireman Ed from the Stadium doing the one thing that every other fan in the league knows, the Jet chant.

The Jet chant is actually fun, gives us an identity, pisses off opposing fans (you gotta love something that other fans mock), and is really a harmless.

But we actually had fans that want to harass, throw things at and pretty much ruin the guys fun and other Jet fans fun because they might be a little jealous of his notoriety.

Now that puts us in a negative light around the NFLs fandom,lol.

eh… no point in getting in to a pissing contest with fellow Jets fans… everyone has their side of the argument. I am happy that there are sites like JetNation that does research and writes a fair article. People have already drawn their line in the sand as to which side of the argument they are on when it comes to our movement. I have a feeling that most of them will someday thank us for our efforts. 

And a big effort to drive the point across...  Things are different in todays world with social media and instant access to everything.  What started off as a couple of guys looking to do a billboard has now gained so much momentum due to the fact that the performance of the clowns running the ship has resulted to new lows for the franchise.  That is a fact that can not be disputed....

The Fire John Idzik brigade might be armed with airplane banners, billboards, and penalty flags calling for the ouster of Jets general manager John Idzik. But it now has some competition for the hearts and minds of Jets fans. Introducing the Keep John Idzik movement, which is cranking up the heat outside Sunday's game against the Patriots by handing out 200 commemorative pieces of paper (!) like the one seen above. And, as we all know, nothing gets people's attention like a counter-protest that's packing commemorative pieces of paper.

Dom Cosentino may be reached at dcosentino@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @domcosentino. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/12/and_now_some_jets_fans_have_started_a_keep_john_idzik_movement.html

Archived