Mavericks trade for Rondo and become favorites to win the West

Blackout

Ehh, dude is coming off an ACL and playing pretty mediocre ball, Celtics didn't have much leverage. 

He'll be at least 2x a better player in Dallas with something to play for.  The Celtics didn't have much leverage because he's going to be a FA.  They simply had to take the best deal they could get so they can tank in earnest.

He'll be at least 2x a better player in Dallas with something to play for.  The Celtics didn't have much leverage because he's going to be a FA.  They simply had to take the best deal they could get so they can tank in earnest.

All true, but I also don't think his play could really go down hill much more, he just hasn't been the same player the last couple of years with all the injuries.  Still think it's a good move, Dirk is gonna play until he's a million.

Totally off-topic, but for your best of 2014 list, have you listened to Hozier's full album? Not usually my style, but I was studying and the full album came on as a playlist and I actually quite enjoyed it. Very pleasantly surprised. 

I dunno, I only know who he is because of that song in all the commercials but it sounds like that typical overly dramatic synth goth pop.

I dunno, I only know who he is because of that song in all the commercials but it sounds like that typical overly dramatic synth goth pop.

It's odd, a lot of the songs have this garage-band blues thing that the Black Keys have going on and then he'll throw some of his irish folkiness into it.  Not usually my style, but better than his popular song lead me to believe.  The main point was to say, totally agree with Snowpiercer and Dawn of the planet of the apes. The first one would have been better, but I cannot stand james Franco.

It's odd, a lot of the songs have this garage-band blues thing that the Black Keys have going on and then he'll throw some of his irish folkiness into it.  Not usually my style, but better than his popular song lead me to believe.  The main point was to say, totally agree with Snowpiercer and Dawn of the planet of the apes. The first one would have been better, but I cannot stand james Franco.

They're both instant classics. Such an amazing era of SciFi right now. It's starting to rival the golden age of the genre ('68 - '82). 

Rondo is a FA at the end of the year, Boston basically waited too long to get better value.

Marshmelo isn't worth much more though, he's a bum.

I disagree.

There only other option was to trade Rondo when Pierce & KG left and go into full tank mode.

I think Ainge tried to keep him around in order to get a name FA to sign.  I do not think a name FA has ever signed with Boston.  Love is not visiting with only Jeff Green.

Rondo hasn't been the same since the knee injury. Celtics had no leverage

Emm he kind of has...i mean he doesn't constantly leap into the air, so not seeing him jump often doesn't hinder his game, he never could shoot so that's not missing (lol)  and he still a brilliant passer. I guess he has gotten lazier on defense through the years..I didnt expect them to get a star player back, nor do i think he is a max player at all, but there were better offers on the table then dallas, but either way, good pick up for Dallas, and more suck for the Cs..lol

Emm he kind of has...i mean he doesn't constantly leap into the air, so not seeing him jump often doesn't hinder his game, he never could shoot so that's not missing (lol)  and he still a brilliant passer. I guess he has gotten lazier on defense through the years..I didnt expect them to get a star player back, nor do i think he is a max player at all, but there were better offers on the table then dallas, but either way, good pick up for Dallas, and more suck for the Cs..lol

That's what happens when you wait until contract year to trade a superstar - you lose all leverage.  Not like Rondo's a superstar he's not anymore there's easily 7-10 pgs in the NBA who are currently better and 5 who are way better he's more of a name now.

Archived