Coughlin allegedly staying another year

jgb

Giants wanted him to step aside and he told them they'd have to fire him if they want him gone, and they folded.

They'll let him ride out the last year on his contract while grooming McAdoo as the heir apparent.

Done deal as of yesterday he is back. We dodged bullet IMHO giants much better job

As I have posted before. I live in Toms hometown and watch a lot of games with two of his good friends. I have traveled twice to pitt and tampa with a crew of Toms friends on the Giants tickets.

They have all told the the Maras will never fire him. He coaches as long as he wants to.

He won them 2 super bowls and handed us our ass in 2011 and 2007 which probably means more to the Mara family than even the super bowls.

Except the 60's to 1983 when they made the playoffs just once .. 

Who cares how they ran the organization a generation ago? Mara understood what he did not know and got Rozelle to pry George Young away from the fins. Since then he has let his football people make the decisions.  Woody should do the same- go to Goodel and tell them he needs Decosta from Balt, but then he would not have a toy to play with. .  

Archived