Cut cornerback: Jets never coached me

Ken Schroy

Pfft... good grief already with this coaching staff. I'm so glad they ruined this season weeks ago, so that it has literally no impact on my mood through the holidays. 

This is going to be one very entertaining off-season, for better or worse.

you know it seems its every 5-7 years Jets fans get to look forward to major change during the offseason and actully enjoy it more than the season itself.

I remember the last time I was really excited about the up comming season was when we hired Bill Parcells and he immediately began filling holes on the roster with exactly what we needed to succeed. He brought in Brian Cox and Pepper Johnson which added leadership and intensity on defense and he brought in Curtis martin and Vinny Testaverde both who litirally transformed our offense. I can see Jim Harbaugh doing this and that would be very exciting .

Dude, you're making it sound like I'm defending our horrible coaching staff here. I'm with you, the coaching stinks. Karl Dunbar is the exception. And while he hasn't generated a thousand Snacks type success stories, basically all our D-Line players are playing up to their ability & then some. He gets the most out of all those players, no matter how little (mental/physical) talent they have. Douzable is a career backup, but here he's a damn good one. Snacks is a great starter. Ellis can be Pro Bowl worthy if he stays healthy. Coples, Wilk, Mo. Barnes is developing quite nicely. IK is doing great. Babin...he's old but still gets the job done when everyone else thought he shouldn't even be in the league. The rest of the players, the rest of the squad is pretty much underachieving. So please stop making it sound like I'm happy with our coaching staff. They all should be fired except for Karl Dunbar. My point is just that this Josh Thomas goofball should look at himself. He will never get the attention/coaching other corners are getting. He's a career special teamer, there's no point in teaching him the little nuances of your defense and stuff like that when the guy isn't even supposed to play defense. And when this idiot loses his playbook it just makes things worse. To come out a couple days later and basically make the Jets sound like the bad guy...how do you have respect for somebody like that. I don't. **** him.

First things first he didnt lose the playbook it was stolen. Secondly a team desparate for corners does not pick up special teamers just to play special teams and be ignored. The Jets needed someone to step up and it seems from what Im reading they failed to give this guy what He needed to succeed . Just about every corner we have or had could have been classified as special teamers if idiot Milliner was still playing and Williams stepped up and McDougle didnt get hurt but that was not the case we only had Williams step up so the rest of the clowns we marched out there didnt do much early on in the season.

First things first he didnt lose the playbook it was stolen. Secondly a team desparate for corners does not pick up special teamers just to play special teams and be ignored. The Jets needed someone to step up and it seems from what Im reading they failed to give this guy what He needed to succeed . Just about every corner we have or had could have been classified as special teamers if idiot Milliner was still playing and Williams stepped up and McDougle didnt get hurt but that was not the case we only had Williams step up so the rest of the clowns we marched out there didnt do much early on in the season.

It makes no difference whether he lost it, whether it got stolen or whether his dog ate the IPAD. Of course he's gonna claim it was stolen, he'd have to be absolutely stupid to say he lost it. And chances are it did get stolen. Did they break into his home and steal it? Of course not. He left it laying around somewhere, didn't pay attention and somebody just stole it. The same way any mobile phone or Apple product gets "lost". Idiots don't pay attention. It's their fault. Let's not act like somebody robbed them. He's a chump, a career backup. No coach is gonna focus on him to coach him up. The guy has absolutely no potential or upside, he should accept it at some point. He's had his chance multiple times to shine in his career, he always blew it. He's gonna blow it again in Detroit.

Cut cornerback: Jets never coached me

Maybe the talent void isn’t the only reason the Jets are 3-11. Recently cut defensive back Josh Thomas suggested coaching is a problem with Gang Green also.

The journeyman defensive back, who drew headlines when he had his playbook — stored in a team-issued iPad — stolen from his rental car over the weekend while he was with the team in Tennessee, said he received limited coaching in his brief stay with the Jets.

“I feel like I wasn’t given the attention necessary as far as being engaged from the coach-to-player standpoint and knowing the things I need to work on,” the 25-year-old Thomas told reporters in Detroit on Thursday, a day after being picked up by the Lions. “It became where I was there as a player and wanting and desiring some feedback that wasn’t given. So sometimes I may have been standing there with a [deer-in-the-headlights] look in my eyes trying to figure out what I needed to do.”

Oddly, Thomas, a fifth-round pick of the Cowboys in 2011, noted the Jets told him he was let go because he didn’t communicate enough with his teammates. He said his time there was unlike his experience with other NFL teams, such as the Seahawks, Panthers and even his first day with the Lions. And it wasn’t just head coach Rex Ryan or secondary coach Tim McDonald — but the entire coaching staff that operated that way.

“So at the same time, just from the past experiences, every organization operates differently — so it could be the way that the Jets operate,” he said. “I just want to be great. I want to get better every day. I look forward to enhancing something about my game every day, and [the Jets] were just more independent there.”

Thomas was picked up by the Jets on Oct. 13 — five days after he was cut by the Seahawks — in the wake of starting cornerback Dee Milliner being placed on injured reserve with a torn right Achilles tendon. He was on the team’s 53-man roster for eight weeks and was active for three games, but appeared in just one with the Jets, a Nov. 2 loss to the Chiefs in Kansas City.

He noticed a stark difference with the Lions compared to the Jets. Thomas told ESPN he received feedback and instruction every time he came to the sidelines after a play on special teams.

“It was refreshing, like, ‘Thanks for coaching me,’ ” Thomas said.

Defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman didn’t have much of a response to Thomas’ biting comments.

“I don’t have a thought either way,” Thurman said. “I wish him nothing but the best. If that’s how he feels, like I said, I wish him nothing but the best.”

As for why fellow retreads Marcus Williams and Phillip Adams got action over Thomas, Thurman said, “They were playing better.”

Not only did the Jets cut Thomas the day after his playbook was taken, but he also had to pay for his stolen iPad and charger. His passport was also taken. Now that he’s in a winning situation in Detroit, he doesn’t mind.

“At least it’s a tax writeoff,” Thomas said.

Ha ha. Shut up. Go home!

Just another part of Rex Ryans downfall as a head coach, the assistants on this team are collectively some of the worst in all of football.

And they are all led by the biggest head coaching buffoon in the NFL. Rex hasn't gotten around to 'coaching up' Kyle Wilson yet - it's only been five years so patience is definitely needed there.

This dumb **** couldn't even pay attention to his playbook/IPAD. You're a no talent practice squad player. Our coaches have other stuff to worry about, coaching up guys who switch back and forth from safety to corner, coaching up a bunch of other backups that have to step up and be starters. Guys higher on the depth chart get more attention, they have to. Of course. Stop whining.

this sentiment might actually be popular if history didn't show players come to this team and almost never get any better and most times become nothing more than jags. rex is a buffoon whose vaunted defense never even really showed up to ny with him

this sentiment might actually be popular if history didn't show players come to this team and almost never get any better and most times become nothing more than jags. rex is a buffoon whose vaunted defense never even really showed up to ny with him

Of course the list of players who got cut by the Jets and then flourished under "good coaching" is voluminous.

Archived