Rex to Falcons?

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-11 in his final season. Totally turned them around in Cleveland.

5-13 before Tom Brady with the Pats.

41-57 record as a Head Coach before Tom Brady.

I can't believe Im on a Jet site defending Belichick but seriously stop!

Rex can't hold Belichicks jock strap!

2010 is a long time ago! Rex will never have another team with 2 corners in their prime like Revis & Cromarty.

The Patriots were at the top of LEAGUE last year in causing turnovers.

Rex could have a chance tomorrow if he throws caution to the wind. We have absolutely zero chance of winning Sundays game If we run on 1st & 2nd down or if we don't create some TOs.

But 31 to 13 sounds more like it.

I would be astonished if any team were stupid enough to hire Rex as a head coach but who knows....  At this point Rex looks as if he is going to be  2 for 2 in terms of getting his GM fired so Dimitroff better factor that into his thinking here.

I can't believe Im on a Jet site defending Belichick but seriously stop!

Rex can't hold Belichicks jock strap!

2010 is a long time ago! Rex will never have another team with 2 corners in their prime like Revis & Cromarty.

The Patriots were at the top of LEAGUE last year in causing turnovers.

Rex could have a chance tomorrow if he throws caution to the wind. We have absolutely zero chance of winning Sundays game If we run on 1st & 2nd round or if we don't create some TOs.

But 31 to 13 sounds more like it.

Nobody is saying Rex is better than BB.  I'm simply responding to Tx's post about who would hire Rex with his resume when his owner hired BB with a much worse resume.

The facts are facts though, BB was an embarrassment as a Head Coach prior to Tom Brady.

Rex's resume:

-overall losing record as a HC

-four non-winning seasons in a row

-four non-playoff seasons in a row

-zero division titles

-zero conference championships

-zero Super Bowl titles

-overrated defense that got progressively worse over the years

What owner in their right mind would hire a HC with that pathetic resume?

Spot on but all it takes is 1 owner for whatever reason.

God I would love to see Woody keep Rex & sign him to a 4 year deal so he can turn this roster over by 90% just to prove to Jet fans that he's a shaman.

Please stop posting if you are arguing that Rex is as good of a coach as Belichick.

I hate the Patriots as much as anyone here, LOATH them, but they literally came two c hairs away from winning 5 Superbowls!

A lucky helmet catch & a throw from Brady 3 inches to high to Welker thwarted them thank god.

Wow, you've done it. I'm actually shaking my head now. Good job, what an accomplishment.

wanna bet?

In a passing NFL, what owner is signing up for a guy that is still babbling about ground and pound. No fan base is buying the fake tough guy nonsense. Rex RyRyan is the same fraud his dad was. Ryan is a beeper salesman in an iphone world. Oh, Team X is gonna get all excited about 7-9 because they're 4th against the run or sopme such Rex nonsense.

Wow, you've done it. I'm actually shaking my head now. Good job, what an accomplishment.

Belichick has had his team in the top 5 in creating TO for years.

Rex the supposed defensive genius went 7 games without a TO & we I believe are last in the league

But we have a kickazz Dline!

In a passing NFL, what owner is signing up for a guy that is still babbling about ground and pound. No fan base is buying the fake tough guy nonsense. Rex RyRyan is the same fraud his dad was. Ryan is a beeper salesman in an iphone world. Oh, Team X is gonna get all excited about 7-9 because they're 4th against the run or sopme such Rex nonsense.

what does John Fox know about offense? What does Pete Carroll know about offense? 

There are plenty of successful teams with defensive HCs. 

all of you guys who hate Rex, or whatever, don't blind yourself to the HC market. It's supply and demand and these guys are in short supply. 

Im not saying Rex is the best ever and should stay forever. What I am saying is he will have a HC job waiting for him, if he wants it. If he doesn't he will take Woody's money to not coach and ESPN's money to be a loudmouth, get back into the HC market in 2016. 

If you guys think Rex will never be a HC again... ill take the other side of that bet.

All the falcons need to do is spend the next 9 1st round picks on defensive players and they still wont be able to create a turnover to save their lives under rex.

The guy is the most overated defensive mind in league history.

history, I tell you. lol. what a joke this place has become

there are going to be 10 HC vacancies this offseason, Rex is good enough to get one of those jobs. Or put it another way there aren't 10 potential HC better than Rex. Not with his resume. 

If you already have a qb, and the falcons do, and your defense sucks it figures to hire Rex.

I would be astonished if any team were stupid enough to hire Rex as a head coach but who knows....  At this point Rex looks as if he is going to be  2 for 2 in terms of getting his GM fired so Dimitroff better factor that into his thinking here.

lol at rex getting his 2 gm's fired. you cant make this sh*t up

Rex was 3-1 facing the NFC south last year

Rex was 3-1 facing the NFC south last year

So what? Rex is a horrible head coach.  The best thing that anyone can say about his head coaching record is that he is a good defensive coordinator.  That in itself should tell you everything you need to know about his HC ability.  He sucks! That was Buddy's problem and Rex is a carbon copy of buddy in that regard.

PS, given the amount of picks and head coaching attention given to the defensive side of the ball I am not even sure the "defensive genius" label actually stands up to any kind of scrutiny.  We have been a pretty average defensively when you would think we would be top-3 every year with Rex and all those picks.

So the Falcons just need a few pieces on offense ..... Sounds familiar we needed a few pieces in 09 and 10 and we got subtraction and the addition of thugs and loudmouths. At least the Falcons have a QB so what will Ryan Gut on the offense there to build his defense ? Will he destroy whats left of the O line ? will he draft 3 consecutive D lineman while other gaping holes exist and the DL is the deepest position on the team ? Should be interesting to see If he does land that Job.

So the Falcons just need a few pieces on offense ..... Sounds familiar we needed a few pieces in 09 and 10 and we got subtraction and the addition of thugs and loudmouths. At least the Falcons have a QB so what will Ryan Gut on the offense there to build his defense ? Will he destroy whats left of the O line ? will he draft 3 consecutive D lineman while other gaping holes exist and the DL is the deepest position on the team ? Should be interesting to see If he does land that Job.

He won't

as HC ?

nah

he's going to coach defense somewhere

I don't think so. I think he either gets a head coach job somewhere, or he goes on TV. If Atlanta were to present itself, I'd think that would be a good match for what he brings to the table. He could keep the QB and OC in place, and make that defense competitive.

If the TV rumors are true, and he can make head coach money for a fraction of the work -that doesn't involve moving his family- I think it would have to take a great coaching position to get him to pass on that. A DC job wouldn't do that.

i wish all the rex haters in this thread would judge idzik by the same set of standards.

This is Idzik's 2nd yr-1st HC. This is Rex's 6th yr-2nd GM, 3 OC, 2nd drafted QB. People couldn't wait for Schotty, Sparano, Sanchez, Geno & Tannenbaum to be replaced. Yet the 1 remaining constant, other than Woody, is the glorified DC, Rex. How many more GMs, OCs , QBs & #1 picks used on D does the below .500 HC get?

Archived