Add Another to Those who Believe Idzik will be Fired!

Seth

He's going to get fired, I think Idzik wanted to tank so Rex would get fired, and have more money for His selection at H.C. Although it's backfired, keeping all that $ not helping the defensive backfield having Milliner go down Mcdougle injured, finished him. We've had street guys playing corner all year here. Milliner is finished as a #1 corner with that Achilles tear.

He's going to get fired, I think Idzik wanted to tank so Rex would get fired, and have more money for His selection at H.C. Although it's backfired, keeping all that $ not helping the defensive backfield having Milliner go down Mcdougle injured, finished him. We've had street guys playing corner all year here. Milliner is finished as a #1 corner with that Achilles tear.

Why do people keep saying this? It is not sitting on the cap money that did him in. That was not necessarily a poor choice. It is Idziot's two drafts that sealed his fate. 19 picks and one good player...

It's pretty obvious. There is no way Woody can keep Idzik. He needs to bring in a few guys that have proven they can win. Either as assistants or the main guy. Credibility is needed in this franchise and as long as Idzik is part of it, that won't happen.

I personally don't hate Idzik. But I see no way he can reasonably return as the GM. no qualified coaching candidates could take this job seriously when the man who will hire him has no security himself and a new GM will be brought in shortly.

Exactly.

Idzik has to be fired.  If you let him pick the next coach, you have to give him 3 more years, which he clearly doesn't deserve.  Otherwise, what do you do?  Fire the next coach after one year?  Or, look for a new GM and tell him he has no choice but to keep the coach?  You have to get off this path and now is the only time to do it.

Woody's decision to keep Rex was awful not just because it was Rex, but because it threw off all the timelines, and Idzik's decision not to fire him last year essentially just tied his career to Rex.  Rex is done, therefore, so is Idzik.  Bad move first by Woody, then just as bad by Idzik.

The headline of the story doesnt match the text. Bad job by Post. This is an opinion piece while the title makes it seem like a fact.

I just read it in the paper and had to go back over it to see if there was a quote or something I missed. There is not. But there's a lively photoshop of a green Idzik dressed up like the Grinch. Typical Post pablum.

I just read it in the paper and had to go back over it to see if there was a quote or something I missed. There is not. But there's a lively photoshop of a green Idzik dressed up like the Grinch. Typical Post pablum.

That's nothing. Today Manish Mehta suggests they hire McDaniel as coach and some Bellicheat flunky as GM. Give Costello and the Post some credit for speaking to a human being; Mehta is now reduced to making stuff up out of this air. Fresh off his campaign to keep Ryan and a series of articles claiming Idzik alone dumped Revis(as opposed to his 2013 articles where Mehta said Idiot Johnson made it a GM requirement) douchebag Manish is printing his own internal monlouge musings as actual news.

Circus!

Exactly.

Idzik has to be fired.  If you let him pick the next coach, you have to give him 3 more years, which he clearly doesn't deserve.  Otherwise, what do you do?  Fire the next coach after one year?  Or, look for a new GM and tell him he has no choice but to keep the coach?  You have to get off this path and now is the only time to do it.

Woody's decision to keep Rex was awful not just because it was Rex, but because it threw off all the timelines, and Idzik's decision not to fire him last year essentially just tied his career to Rex.  Rex is done, therefore, so is Idzik.  Bad move first by Woody, then just as bad by Idzik.

unless woody is an idiot this is what will happen. you have to clean house and start fresh.

Why do people keep saying this? It is not sitting on the cap money that did him in. That was not necessarily a poor choice. It is Idziot's two drafts that sealed his fate. 19 picks and one good player...

Not spending hurt him when people began to analyze his 'plan' which was to dump on Rex but he didn't take into account that people would ALSO look at him under the microscope as well. Bad miscalculation on his part. His drafts have been laughable and there is no way I would let Idzik anywhere NEAR the decision to hire the next HC, or the next draft.

Not spending hurt him when people began to analyze his 'plan' which was to dump on Rex but he didn't take into account that people would ALSO look at him under the microscope as well. Bad miscalculation on his part. His drafts have been laughable and there is no way I would let Idzik anywhere NEAR the decision to hire the next HC, or the next draft.

Whatever happens we'll have 46 million to spend. The micro anylizing is getting ridiculous!

Jets lose that game in Miami last year & your looking at Odell Beckham Jr being a NYJet.

How is that Idziks fault & in hindsight who would you have picked at Pryors spot?

I'm sure they were looking at every guy that was picked B4 Pryor. That was a GREAT group up until our pick came,lol.

Milliner got hurt again, then McDougle, Patterson went AWOL.

Look at the 49ers, same type of situation. You can't plan for injuries in the NFL, not when it happens to one position.

49ers lost Willis & Bowman & it's hurting them, then they lost a draft pick too.

Imagine if the Pats lost both Revis & Browner to injury.

The NFL is a crapshoot in both the draft & regarding injuries.

A lot of our 12 picks were late picks. That meaningless Miami win was HUGE in screwing our draft position, not only in the 1st but in each round.

Go back & look at that draft & start it off picking in the Giants spot & we take Odell Beckham.

Jets just have sh*tty azz luck too.

Exactly.

Woody ****ed it up two years ago so yes, you have to start clean

Archived