Jets intrigued by Cards DC Todd Bowles

DaBallhawk

While win today might helped Rex Ryan's chances to return, hearing #Jets considering interviewing Broncos OC Adam Gase.

These are the types of moves I really don't like.  Let's not make this out to be some kind of OC genius.  Manning will make any OC look great.  I'm not saying he's not a good OC, but I don't know if he's good either.  Just can't judge him based on his success...

Honestly,

I just think the Jets need a detail oriented guy.

This team is sloppy! No ones talking about how crappy the special teams have been. Patriots 1st TD was after a breakdown on a a Pats punt return into our side of the field.

Rex doesn't oversee the entire team. There are 3 phases to this game & we for the most part suck at 2 of them.

What the hell was Marty M doing today? Way to many 1st down runs up the middle for 1 yard. Then when u expected to see Ivory he had CJ2, then Powell? Then that stupid wildcat the worked ONCE!

Honestly,

I just think the Jets need a detail oriented guy.

This team is sloppy! No ones talking about how crappy the special teams have been. Patriots 1st TD was after a breakdown on a a Pats punt return into our side of the field.

Rex doesn't oversee the entire team. There are 3 phases to this game & we for the most part suck at 2 of them.

What the hell was Marty M doing today? Way to many 1st down runs up the middle for 1 yard. Then when u expected to see Ivory he had CJ2, then Powell? Then that stupid wildcat the worked ONCE!

First play after Mangold left the field was a run up the gut behind his replacement, for a 2 yard loss.

First FG we ran up the gut on 3rd & 8 on NE's 13. What are we worried about, missing the playoffs? If you're not going to let Smith throw it in that spot then why is he on the field? Never mind; don't answer that.

+1 on your post as a whole.

While it's an understandable reflex to just want the opposite of the present group's primary focus, to improve the poorer performing half, everything else doesn't remain constant if we get a similarly one-sided HC on offense. It would arguably be a little better on balance, since it's a QB-driven league for the most part, but we're not winning a SB with a one-sided anything. Not unless Green Bay decides to give us both Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson for a conditional 7th rounder in 2019, and just for good measure Chicago throws us Alshon Jeffery for Quincy Enunwa.

No.

Offenseive-minded Coach, ot get the flock out.

Period.

That is such a foolish stance to take. Just because Rex neglected the offense doesn't mean all defensive coaches will be that way.

And going with that flawed logic, we'd be replacing Rex with the offensive version of him by going with an offensive coach.

We should be looking for the best head coach. What side of the ball he specializes in shouldn't matter.

Bowles has coached up his unit so well that they've overcome a lot of injuries. They are currently carrying the Cardinals into the playoffs. Plus he has some (but not much) experience as a head coach. His limited time as a head coach was successful.

That makes him as solid a candidate as anyone.

If they interview him, and end up liking another guy better, then great. But refusing to even consider this guy simply because he's a defensive coach, is idiotic.

interested in the guy coaching the defense that just gave up 596 yds to the Seahawks? 

Talk about interesting timing of the leak that the Jets are "intrigued" by Bowles. Just like Harbaugh. You know they at least had to have on an initial list for the past few weeks at least, now having the Jets THINK about signing you is the kiss of death. 

Message to NFL coaching candidates: we don't have to actually sign you up. We merely have some cursory interest and BOOM you're a ***ing loser just like that.

lol

interested in the guy coaching the defense that just gave up 596 yds to the Seahawks?  no thanks.

Can you imagine what Wilson would do to us on the edges of our defense?

Russell Wilson is f*cking amazing! Runs for 55 yards! He's like a Houdini back there. Where would the Seahawks be without him?

7-9 , 8-8 is where. Between Wilson & Lynch they are a handful.

Bowles is playing with an undersized front 7 because of all their injuries. Not good when you play the Hawks.

Like many have said before, nothing will change until we get a QB to groom & the right guy to do it.

My pipe dream candidate is Sean Payton - Peter King mentioned a few weeks ago he thinks Payton might leave New Orleans. Guy's gotten it done on offense, and a big part of that has been finding diamonds in the rough (Sproles FA didn't explode till he was in New Orleans, Graham 3rd round, Colston 7th round, couple of offensive linemen - Jahri Evans was a 4th rounder I think, Terron Armstead has done well and was a 3rd maybe, don't think anyone thought Brees would do what he's done when they signed him either). Already an experienced head coach. Jets need offense, he'd be a great candidate.

Best realistic candidate would be Kyle Shanahan I think. They're falling apart with Manziel at the helm, but he's done a lot with a little in Cleveland. Could probably bring in a good group of assistants with his dad's contacts too.

If they have to go the defensive coordinator route again (I think it's time for a change) Bowles would be alright. But I'd rather they don't.

I'd be more interested in giving Gase an interview if we had someone running this who had a football mind I was confident in - maybe he's a sharp dude, but I'm with those who are concerned that Manning would make any OC look good.

That is such a foolish stance to take. Just because Rex neglected the offense doesn't mean all defensive coaches will be that way.

And going with that flawed logic, we'd be replacing Rex with the offensive version of him by going with an offensive coach.

We should be looking for the best head coach. What side of the ball he specializes in shouldn't matter.

Bowles has coached up his unit so well that they've overcome a lot of injuries. They are currently carrying the Cardinals into the playoffs. Plus he has some (but not much) experience as a head coach. His limited time as a head coach was successful.

That makes him as solid a candidate as anyone.

If they interview him, and end up liking another guy better, then great. But refusing to even consider this guy simply because he's a defensive coach, is idiotic.

We've had defensive minded HC's for like a decade now. The mindset needs to change in Florham Park. Bottom line the O has been ignored for too long, sure we need a QB but the whole persona of the team is hope the O doesn't screw up and win by D. 

Makes sense. Would like to see a stud OC and a good GM too.

You bring in a stud OC with a rep and you are splitting the team all over again.  Rex split it by ignoring the D.  A big name OC will not let Bowles do a thing on his side.a  I want a vet HC.

Archived