And thus was the tale of Johnny Football...

CobraVerde

This may go down as one of the the worst QB classes ever. Not one guy has shown any promise of anything at all. I think some of that might have to do with the rushing up of QBs in today's game. Bridgewater clearly wasn't ready to start this year, Bortles wasn't either, and Cleveland was in a precarious position because they need to figure out how to handle things going forward. And I know Raiders fans and Tom like to fellate Carr but he has a long way to go.

Running QB's are, and always will be, a fad.

Injuries and smart NFL defenses will sort them out sooner, rather than later.

factually incorrect.  running QB's go back to the games origins.  small running QB's are risky.  steve young, randall cunningham, etc kill defenses

factually incorrect.  running QB's go back to the games origins.  small running QB's are risky.  steve young, randall cunningham, etc kill defenses

There's a big difference between QB's who CAN run and a RUNNING QB.  Manziel is a RUNNING QB.  Young and Cunningham could make throws in the pocket AND run when needed, and also use their feet to avoid the rush and make a throw.  Rodgers and Roethlisberger (though in the latter's case it's more size than speed) are the types that can do that today.  You need to be a QB first, a runner second.

This may go down as one of the the worst QB classes ever. Not one guy has shown any promise of anything at all. I think some of that might have to do with the rushing up of QBs in today's game. Bridgewater clearly wasn't ready to start this year, Bortles wasn't either, and Cleveland was in a precarious position because they need to figure out how to handle things going forward. And I know Raiders fans and Tom like to fellate Carr but he has a long way to go.

Bridgewater is going to be the best QB in this draft.  I can see him being decent.

There's a big difference between QB's who CAN run and a RUNNING QB.  Manziel is a RUNNING QB.  Young and Cunningham could make throws in the pocket AND run when needed, and also use their feet to avoid the rush and make a throw.  Rodgers and Roethlisberger (though in the latter's case it's more size than speed) are the types that can do that today.  You need to be a QB first, a runner second.

the offense matters as well.  the read option puts these guys at risk.  you can get the QB in space without doing that.  

I still like Carr and think he'll go down as the best QB from this class.

Bortles is going to end up being the only good qb out of this draft class.

factually incorrect. running QB's go back to the games origins. small running QB's are risky. steve young, randall cunningham, etc kill defenses

Back at the games origins there weren't 250lb backers with world class 40 times either. Players are too big and fast these days.

Archived