Pryor, and Landry are on drugs: Best 3-12 Team Ever!

Seth

Perfect example of praising mediocrity.

Well we weren't even mediocre but you know what I mean.

These guys need to see Parcells quote

"You are what your record says you are"

The beginning of the end for these Jets was a game at Oakland back in 2011, and Joe Namath was the first to call it out:

“It starts at the top. Coach Rex Ryan, he’s been doing a great job, getting us to two conference championship games, but there’s one thing about the athlete: You keep telling him how good he is, he’s going to start believing it to the point that he may not be preparing quite the way he should. He may be losing some respect for the other team.”

“I think these guys might be believing that they’re better than they are, Rex has been the only coach that we know, in maybe the history of the game that I’m familiar with, that keeps continually telling his guys how good they are. And they have been pretty good — pretty good — but they haven’t won a championship yet. I think they’ve got to remember that there’s room for improvement.”

Can't believe it's taken this long to get rid of the bum.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

The beginning of the end for these Jets was a game at Oakland back in 2011, and Joe Namath was the first to call it out:“It starts at the top. Coach Rex Ryan, he’s been doing a great job, getting us to two conference championship games, but there’s one thing about the athlete: You keep telling him how good he is, he’s going to start believing it to the point that he may not be preparing quite the way he should. He may be losing some respect for the other team.”“I think these guys might be believing that they’re better than they are, Rex has been the only coach that we know, in maybe the history of the game that I’m familiar with, that keeps continually telling his guys how good they are. And they have been pretty good — pretty good — but they haven’t won a championship yet. I think they’ve got to remember that there’s room for improvement.”Can't believe it's taken this long to get rid of the bum.Rex Ryan is The Devil.SAR I

And Namath is owed n apology. This team discarded him and his view.

Nice post game quote by Pryor:

"If you look at our season, besides two or three games, we've been in every game," said rookie safety Calvin Pryor. "You can cut it and slice it how you want to. I think we're -- what are we, 3-12? -- I think we're the best 3-12 team in the history of football. No doubt about it."

What a dumbass..

This team takes on the personality of its idiot HC  :face:

Rex made a telling statement when he said "Whether he admits it or not we always give Brady the hardest time." Moral victories are Rex's stock in trade. Seriously, I can't wait...only one more week until Black Monday washes the Jets organization clean. Then we can finally change the subject of freakin Rex Ryan.

Rex will play them in the parking lot if they want to,lol.

Listen, I'll give him that he hasn't had a QB but it's the incessant rambling on about this guy & that guy.

He f*cking anointed Pryor as the next coming before he played an NFL game.

He just couldn't stop putting his foot in his mouth. And his Wifes but thats another story.

I to owe Joe Namath an apology.

I was one of the people writing about him just going away but the criticism was deserved & I think he saw this coming with Rex constant praise of his guys even when they didn't deserve it.

Someone's got to set these guys straight & tell them the truth.

They are a sh*tty TEAM in the ultimate team sport.

Maybe that should be the new coaches opening statement in camp,lol.

Nice post game quote by Pryor:

"If you look at our season, besides two or three games, we've been in every game," said rookie safety Calvin Pryor. "You can cut it and slice it how you want to. I think we're -- what are we, 3-12? -- I think we're the best 3-12 team in the history of football. No doubt about it."

What a dumbass..

its almost beyond comprehension that he said this...btw maybe if we would've gotten some form of contribution from our first round pick we could've been the best 5-11 team in league history

The beginning of the end for these Jets was a game at Oakland back in 2011, and Joe Namath was the first to call it out:

“It starts at the top. Coach Rex Ryan, he’s been doing a great job, getting us to two conference championship games, but there’s one thing about the athlete: You keep telling him how good he is, he’s going to start believing it to the point that he may not be preparing quite the way he should. He may be losing some respect for the other team.”

“I think these guys might be believing that they’re better than they are, Rex has been the only coach that we know, in maybe the history of the game that I’m familiar with, that keeps continually telling his guys how good they are. And they have been pretty good — pretty good — but they haven’t won a championship yet. I think they’ve got to remember that there’s room for improvement.”

Can't believe it's taken this long to get rid of the bum.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

It's almost like the very tired "every kid needs to get a trophy for their esteem" philosophy which is a horribly bad thing to do to kids but indescribably insane to do to athletes making millions of dollars to play for trophy's.    

It's almost like the very tired "every kid needs to get a trophy for their esteem" philosophy which is a horribly bad thing to do to kids but indescribably insane to do to athletes making millions of dollars to play for trophy's.

namath-to-rex_zpse89ab61d.jpg

It was a big deal for a week back in September 2011 and then never brought up again.

How much you want to bet the media is going to start the calls to Broadway Joe and bring this gem up now?

Best 3-12 team in the history of pro football. If there was a shred of thought that Rex Ryan was going to keep his job, you can say goodbye to that now.

SAR I

The pride these players have in how they have played this year makes me physically ill. I seriously would dump/ trade all but 3 or 4 players on this squad if I could. I'm so concerned that they have been spoiled by Rex and our next HC is going to struggle with them.

The really sick part is we are suffering through a 3 win season and we may not even land a top 5 pick.

I thought there was something seriously wrong about Rex and Idzik when they saw Pryor at Louisville laying vicious hits on college students (not pro players) and said, "He plays like a Jet already!"

And sure enough, Pryor the NFL safety bears no resemblance to Pryor the college safety and nobody saw it coming.

Rex made a telling statement when he said "Whether he admits it or not we always give Brady the hardest time." Moral victories are Rex's stock in trade. Seriously, I can't wait...only one more week until Black Monday washes the Jets organization clean. Then we can finally change the subject of freakin Rex Ryan.

It's going to be a petrifying 3 days because in the back of my mind I still think Woody might give Rex OC #4 and GM #3. So many pretty knowledgeable football folks just cannot see how bad he is, and Woody loves him. Only way to move forward is to fire them all. Had we won today I really think Rex being retained would have been higher than 50/50;

I thought there was something seriously wrong about Rex and Idzik when they saw Pryor at Louisville laying vicious hits on college students (not pro players) and said, "He plays like a Jet already!"

And sure enough, Pryor the NFL safety bears no resemblance to Pryor the college safety and nobody saw it coming.

When a bit hit situation presents itself you take it. When all you think about is big hits it hurts your game.

Missed Tackles, Botched assignments and bad coverage and you have Pryor

At least there's that..... :confused0088:  :confused0088:

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The Jets lost a heartbreaker, 17-16, to the division-rival Patriots on Sunday in the final home game of the season.

The defeat dropped Gang Green to a dreadful 3-12 with one game remaining on the schedule.

In free safety Calvin Pryor’s mind, the Jets’ record is not indicative of how good they are.

“If you look at our season, besides two or three games, we’ve been in every game,” Pryor said, according to Phil Perry of CSNNE.com. “You can cut it and slice it how you want to. I think we’re — what are we, 3-12? — I think we’re the best 3-12 team in the history of football. No doubt about it.”

Quite a statement from the rookie

Fellow safety Dawan Landry took it a step further, stating that the Jets could very well be in the playoff picture right now.

“The record doesn’t dictate the team that we are,” Landry said, according to the website. “We played a lot of close games that could’ve gone either way. We could’ve easily had 10-11 wins. Easily. It just hasn’t been our year. We got one more game, (and) we’re gonna try to finish it off on a high note.”

The Jets’ final game of 2014 will be against the Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium on Sunday.

Head coach Rex Ryan is expected to be fired after the season, and general manager John Idzik might be let go as well.

I've got admit, for a 3 win team...they're pretty competitive considering the obvious lack of talent.  Lots of game with a bounce here or a bounce there could have gone the Jets way. Its a bizarre season.  Could easily saw this team win 5 more of these "should have had games"....Pats twice, Dolphags, Vikings, Packers, Bears, Lions...all winnable games.

A lot of people saw it...just not Rex or Idzik

Archived