rex never learns....

tkiss24

Not seen much on this, it's 4th down and folk is lined up for the 52 yard field goal. There is direct snap to folk who pooch punts it. This is when Rex calls timeout (I saw him mouth to Marty "I called it") and then actually tries the field goal. 2 things, 1 if your are going to punt why call timeout and 2 why are you trying to trick the pats here, just punt with you punter that's why he is on the team. All that happened is we lose a timeout. I am baffled by this

Not seen much on this, it's 4th down and folk is lined up for the 52 yard field goal. There is direct snap to folk who pooch punts it. This is when Rex calls timeout (I saw him mouth to Marty "I called it") and then actually tries the field goal. 2 things, 1 if your are going to punt why call timeout and 2 why are you trying to trick the pats here, just punt with you punter that's why he is on the team. All that happened is we lose a timeout. I am baffled by this

And then, after the TO, Rex has Folk go out and actually try the FG. I suspect that Folk initially told Rex that 52 yards was out of his range (Folk hit the crossbar in warmups from 53), so Rex initially decided to pooch punt it. Then, after thinking about it, he said F it, I'm gonna have Folk try the kick, which is why he called the timeout.

In the press conference, if I recall correctly, Rex played dumb as to why the TO was called and instead started sarcastically talking about how the media was gonna say him and Marty were at odds now.

This guy is a f*cking clown.

And then, after the TO, Rex has Folk go out and actually try the FG. I suspect that Folk initially told Rex that 52 yards was out of his range (Folk hit the crossbar in warmups from 53), so Rex initially decided to pooch punt it. Then, after thinking about it, he said F it, I'm gonna have Folk try the kick, which is why he called the timeout.

In the press conference, if I recall correctly, Rex played dumb as to why the TO was called and instead started sarcastically talking about how the media was gonna say him and Marty were at odds now.

This guy is a f*cking clown.

I have been saying that for three years now.

That timeout, along with losing another one on the foolish challenge, kept the Jets from getting the ball back at the end of a 1 point football game.

When was the last time the Jets had all three timeouts left with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter? Honest question. Has that EVER happened under Rex?

Yes in year one against Miami when he refused to call timeouts as Ronnie brown wildcatted his way to game winning td

That timeout, along with losing another one on the foolish challenge, kept the Jets from getting the ball back at the end of a 1 point football game.

They could have had 14 TOs and got the ball back 4 times..

With Gen0 at.QB it still wouldn't have helped

The pooch punt and the field goal are both good options there.... but pick one, not both.

Pooch has a better chance of downing it close to the goal line as there is no returner.

Geno f'd that whole thing up by taking the sack.  

“We took a little time to decide what we’re gonna do,” said Folk, after the kick was partially blocked by Vince Wilfork. “We didn’t have confidence with the line at the 34. That’s where the confusion took place.”

So Folk essentially admits that he told Rex he couldn't make the kick, which is why they initially were going for the pooch punt. Rex obviously changed his mind at the last second, hence the timeout.

I think if we give him 6 more years he may get these basic in game logistics figured out.

Why not, it's only 6 more years of our lives.

Probably not , if the Jets had timeouts there , the pats go for the TD, even with a FG its a 4 point game and then with no TO's probably hopeless. Still doesn't absolve Rex of makin the same silliy mistake 6 years in. 

You should be baffled by this there's no explaining that sequence.  But don't you

know that wasn't Rex's fault he's not responsible for ANYTHING with this team

Come on KRL your better then that.. Do you know what happened there or are you just another Rex hater?? Who had the most penalties yesterday?? Whose player grabbed the returner who had called for a fair catch??  Bad Coaching  Rex.. Or was that the other team?? In that case it's not a problem BB rules..

Come on KRL your better then that.. Do you know what happened there or are you just another Rex hater?? Who had the most penalties yesterday?? Whose player grabbed the returner who had called for a fair catch??  Bad Coaching  Rex.. Or was that the other team?? In that case it's not a problem BB rules..

KRL has gone off the deep end since JI ended. He was so objective and informative over there; every post brought something new up. Now he's nothing but a sarcastic, hyperbolic poster...the likes of which JI and JN are littered with. He's right that it was a Rex blunder, but that wasn't news. He basically added nothing with that post except a shot at Rex...as if there's even anyone defending Rex at this point. 

I have been saying that for three years now.

Notice how Special Teams play has declined without Mike

Westoff.?     Rex never learned that the Pats try to elevate- block  and bend the rules for the long field goal try.    We lost 2 games to Pats because

of lack of preparation for this event.   And then there's  Geno not anticipating the blitz :  like when we had the ball at the 30.  You can't take a 10 yard sack in that situation,

Jets never learn to do things right in the red zone.     They only pile up yards in the middle of the field.

Archived