Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Playoffs?

WickedAwesome

Let's talk play offs.

What's everybody's predictions?

I hate to make predictions with a horse in the race, because the humbling nature of the last few post season runs have given me a serious fear of the jynx, but I'll frame it as by-the-numbers anaylisis as a loop hole to trick the universe.

I don't think our performance against the Jets was any indictment on the Patriots ability to play their usual dominant football. Our games always somehow come down to field goals or blocked field goals or miracle field goals, even when the records say they shouldn't.

I understand the play offs is a series of games any team can lose on any given Sunday, and that phrase `A.G.S.` means more in the post season than at any other time of the year. It's easy for great football teams to find themselves in bad situations in a one game elimination situation. That said, I just can't be scared of any of the other AFC teams. I'll go into every one of them optimistic as long as we handle Buffalo next week, hopefully home for the rest of our AFC games.

The Colts are obviously the biggest front runners in the NFL. The Steelers history against Brady doesn't bode well for them. The Bengals, quite simply put, are only technically in the same league as New England. Denver, to be perfectly honest, just doesn't scare me. I've been watching the NFL since before Peyton wore orange, and know his big game syndrome is very, very real. Tom Brady owns his ass. If Gronk stays healthy, the Patriots not making it through the AFC would stun me

In the NFC it looks like Seattle is a lock for the #1 seed, and they'll be tough to beat at their house. If Dallas doesn't do it again, I'm not sure anyone will. Rodgers, for how incredible he is to actually watch play, and for how much he aces the eye test, still doesn't have me convinced in the play offs.

It doesn't really take a genius to say the two #1 seeds will be facing each other in the Superbowl, but I can't really see it any other way.

The Cowboys, I think, are the biggest dark horse this year. Romo lacks post season credentials but he really often plays great on the road, outside Jerry's world, and already beat Seattle in their house once this year.

So basically the only lock is the Patriots.  Every other team has major flaws that cant be overcome.

Got it.

Thanks for sharing.

Its a wonder why the NFL even plays the season and just doesnt hand the Lombardi to the Patriots week 1 and let everyone else play for second. 

So basically the only lock is the Patriots.  Every other team has major flaws that cant be overcome.

Got it.

Thanks for sharing.

Its a wonder why the NFL even plays the season and just doesnt hand the Lombardi to the Patriots week 1 and let everyone else play for second. 

So sensitive!

I said anything can happen, I just don't see it this year. Who is going to come into Gillette stadium and beat the Patriots that walloped the Lions, the Broncos, the Colts, etc etc etc.

Patriots have a league high +163 point differential? No TD's allowed in the second half for the last five games? You have to admit, it's going to be a tall order if the team stays healthy.

If there was a team I could name the dark horse of the AFC, who could come into the Razor without getting intimidated and pull off an upset, it's Baltimore, and they aren't in yet and don't control their own destiny

So sensitive!

I said anything can happen, I just don't see it this year. Who is going to come into Gillette stadium and beat the Patriots that walloped the Lions, the Broncos, the Colts, etc etc etc.

Patriots have a league high +163 point differential? No TD's allowed in the second half for the last five games? You have to admit, it's going to be a tall order if the team stays healthy.

If there was a team I could name the dark horse of the AFC, who could come into the Razor without getting intimidated and pull off an upset, it's Baltimore, and they aren't in yet and don't control their own destiny

The Patriots are perfect, nobody else is, we get it.

I'll stick with my presason picks.

Green Bay beats your perfect Patriots in the Super Bowl. 

I remember this one dude said something like this and......

haha awesome thread.  The highlight; the blockhead himself, Smashmouth, neg reppin the most positive rep'd post I've ever seen and then defending the Patsy moron in the thread.

<3 Smash

Archived