When does Idzik get fired? Or Rex? Who first?

stugotz81

If they're both going, I'd go ahead and dismiss Idzik right now if I were Woody so that I could get a week's head start on contacting prospective GM candidates and starting the interview process.  

Rex should be let go on Black Monday along with everyone else.

Word will leak sunday night that they are both goners.  Official announcement for both simultaneously on Black Monday.

Yup...All happens Monday but by the time of the official announcement it will already be highly reported.  Scheffer would have basically made it official by then.

My guess is reports will come out as early as Sunday night, but next Monday Woody will hold a press conference announcing that both Idzik and Ryan have been let go and Charley Casserly will head up the search for a new GM.  I assume the new GM will hire the new HC.

I would assume at this point they are both gonna go......and if so.....how soon after our last game? and who goes first? Will they both be announced goners at the same time? How does this so called house cleaning go down? Does the new GM decide Rex's fate?

Not soon enough for both

Kim Jones sorting hinting around on the FAN that Idzik will be "reassigned," and Rex will be out by Monday. She wasn't reporting it as written in stone, just that this is what she believes will happen.

What is it called when you do the same thing over and over and expect different results, again?

Kim Jones sorting hinting around on the FAN that Idzik will be "reassigned," and Rex will be out by Monday. She wasn't reporting it as written in stone, just that this is what she believes will happen.

If this is really even just being considered it should be very concerning to Jet fans...Not that Idzik will still be around but the fact that Woody clearly hasn't learned any lesson, has no intention of changing his philosophy as an owner.  Nothing is going to change.

In this whole mess this is honestly the most depressing thing I've read.

Think woody should let Rex fire Idzik before letting the new GM fire Rex.

Idzik did more to get Rex fired then Rex did + it would make T0mShane even more miserable for a few weeks.

Agreed.

I actually dont care what happens because its the Jets and it no matter who they hire they'll be a failure.  I just want T0m to suffer. 

"The reason teams are chasing Seattle for the second straight year for the Lombardi Trophy? Look at the lower rounds of the drafts and college free agency mined by general manager John Schneider. The proof is all there. Schneider took over in 2010, and he acquired 10 important players in the third round and beyond in his first four drafts."

Idzik shouldn't be 're-assigned'. He should be fired and and given a nice kick on the way out. 

Think woody should let Rex fire Idzik before letting the new GM fire Rex.

Idzik did more to get Rex fired then Rex did + it would make T0mShane even more miserable for a few weeks.

Postive rep on that lol...is this function still living? or did it die when woody hired Iddy

I would assume at this point they are both gonna go......and if so.....how soon after our last game? and who goes first? Will they both be announced goners at the same time? How does this so called house cleaning go down? Does the new GM decide Rex's fate?

I would say that traditionally that is how it goes. Old GM is fired, new GM fires old coach, hires new one. Then the HC hires his staff taking who he wants from the old staff and firing the ones he doesn't.

Archived