Anybody here like Bill Callahan as HC for Jets..?

ebonix

...I wonder if they would look at Bill Callahan as HC material.?

...www.sbnation.com

On January 18, 2008 Callahan was hired as Assistant Head Coach of the New York Jets. On January 2, 2009 Callahan interviewed for the Head Coach of the New York Jets.

In 2008, three of the offensive linemen (with Bill Callahan as their position coach) from the Jets were named to the Pro Bowl-center Nick Mangold, guard Alan Faneca and tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson. All three repeated in 2009. Under Callahan's direction of the running game the Jets broke the franchise record in 2009 gaining 2756 yards on the ground through 16 regular season games. They led the National Football League in rushing and averaged 4.5-yard per attempt.

For the 2009 season, Peter King named Callahan the assistant coach of the year.

Nah, had a great veteran led Raider team that underachieved.

BILL Callahan took J Grudens offense and made it the number 1 offense in football. Okay so he didn't change the terminology on J Grudens plays , and it proved disastrous in the Super Bowl as Tampa Bay players knew where the football was going Everytime.

Nah, had a great veteran led Raider team that underachieved.

Hmm, a lot of over the hill players and Rich Gannon....and some might say "if Gruden didn't cheat the Raiders would have won that game"...

There was a conspiracy around whether or not Gruden knew the plays or something. I can't remember the whole story and I'm sure you'd get, oh that's just Raiders whining. But j/s. *shrugs

BILL Callahan took J Grudens offense and made it the number 1 offense in football. Okay so he didn't change the terminology on J Grudens plays , and it proved disastrous in the Super Bowl as Tampa Bay players knew where the football was going Everytime.

Remember hearing that at the time. Still can't believe it. I almost didn't believe it because it sounded impossible anyone would do anything that stupid.

Remember hearing that at the time. Still can't believe it. I almost didn't believe it because it sounded impossible anyone would do anything that stupid.

Well, they were "the dumbest team in America", which is about the only other thing that's remembered about Callahan's stint as Raiders head coach.

no, but pay him a mint to come back and coach the O-Line.

And pay Westoff 2 mints to come back.

Yes, that's a good one.  Callahan would be great for our O-line again. But a lateral move is not appealing to most coaches-- they want to advance.

Westoff would be a Huge improvement over what we have now; McGaughy should be fired imo.   But I think  Westy is enjoying his retirement in Florida.  Sigh.

Rich Gannon was a 10 year vet that really never did much in his career.. He came to the Raiders under OC Callahan in 1999,from 1999-2002 he made 4 pro bowls and 2 All Pro's.. Just a coincidence?? Maybe not..

it wouldn't have matter if raiders beast center Barrett Robbins didn't' go AWOL during the Week of the Super Bowl. the game plan was to pound the Buccanear's on the ground. His replacement Adam Treu was a better pass blocker than run blocker , and the game plan had to be radical changed very late.

Yes supposedly Callahan didn't change the terminology , and Tampa players knew where Raiders were going Everytime.( even the audibles). R Gannon who normally protected the football , did throw five interceptions in that game.

Supposedly that game spooked Callahan so much that he changed what made that offense number 1, and veteran players weren't too happy about it.

Rich Gannon was a 10 year vet that really never did much in his career.. He came to the Raiders under OC Callahan in 1999,from 1999-2002 he made 4 pro bowls and 2 All Pro's.. Just a coincidence?? Maybe not..

J Gruden and Rich Gannon were perfectionist. Both routinely were at the Raiders facility by 5:00 am watching film . they spent so much time together that Gruden knew every Gannon tendency . What Callahan did was open up Gruden offense. ( the year he took over for Grude) Gruden like to play with two Te's 85 %.of the time. When Callahan took over he went with three Wr majority of the time( added Jerry Porter to the mix) Porter could stretch the field vertical where Brown and Rice did there damage horizontal.

Archived