We have to talk about the Paul Stanley Folgers commercial

Klecko73isGod

At first I didn't get the premise, but after some research, I discovered it was filmed in 1999 right after Psycho Circus and Carnival of Souls were released so I think that is what they were going for. 

I'm not a Foldgers coffee historian but his rendition of "The best part of waking up is foldgers in your cup" is my favorite i have ever heard. 

At first I didn't get the premise, but after some research, I discovered it was filmed in 1999 right after Psycho Circus and Carnival of Souls were released so I think that is what they were going for. 

I'm not a Foldgers coffee historian but his rendition of "The best part of waking up is foldgers in your cup" is my favorite i have ever heard. 

If that's what they were going for, why not have all four members of Kiss in their makeup and say "YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GOT THE BEST.... THE HOTTEST COFFEE IN THE WORLD... FOLGERS!"

If that's what they were going for, why not have all four members of Kiss in their makeup and say "YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GOT THE BEST.... THE HOTTEST COFFEE IN THE WORLD... FOLGERS!"

I agree and it may not be what they were going for, but its the only thing that makes some semblance of sense. Why else have him with trapeze artists in a circus tent? 

I can never really fault an entertainer for trying to make some money.  Can't say I wouldn't do the same thing.  Hopefully less gayly.

Paul Stanley singing the Folgers jingle >>>>> your entire iTunes library

• 2 years later...
12 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

It's so good it's amazing Folgers didn't just turn this into their annual Super Bowl ad. Paul Stanley is Folgers' Clydesdales. 

They missed out on a great opportunity. Credit for making it but they should've gone all in. I never even seen it until now. Such a shame.

Archived