In total media transparency

Scott Dierking

In Rex's defense John Idzik the GM was hired to sign free agents and draft better players Idzik did none of this Rex coached the players he was provided. Did Rex choose Tony Sparano and MM as OCs. Lay some of the blame on Rex Ryan but not all of the blame for the demise of the team that made it to the AFC Championship game 2 times in a row with Rex as the head coach. 

Rex Ryan is a good guy I've met him numerous times and have had great conversation with a really decent person.

Are you suggesting that people who are bad at their jobs can't be good people? :)

Rex is a guy I would love to sit at in a bar, have a few drinks and shoot the breeze. We could do it every week, and I would probably never grow tired of his stories and bravado. Add to the fact that he is loyal, and he makes for a good friend that you see occasionally.

As I run my business, I may even introduce Rex to a few of my management guys, and if we have a project that fit Rex's expertise, I would even allow him to freelance and be around my guys.

Now, what I would never do is give Rex the keys to my business and give him a business model and ask him to fulfill that. I would worry about him providing bonuses that are out of scope, meeting production and how he may be portrayed by my clientele. 

Rex-Great guy, no doubt.

I hate Rex as the coach of my team, but the one thing he's done consistently well is face the media and hold his poise even in those rare instances where they pushed him. The lone exception was his weird walking-backwards presser. His comportment during these times is 98% of the reason the local hacks have spared him to this point. After he's fired, you'll start seeing the articles talking about his great and many failings.

In Rex's defense John Idzik the GM was hired to sign free agents and draft better players Idzik did none of this Rex coached the players he was provided. Did Rex choose Tony Sparano and MM as OCs. Lay some of the blame on Rex Ryan but not all of the blame for the demise of the team that made it to the AFC Championship game 2 times in a row with Rex as the head coach. 

Rex Ryan is a good guy I've met him numerous times and have had great conversation with a really decent person.

I agree Sparano and MM are lame OCs, but the problem is Rex requires too much overcompensation for his lack of offensive prowess.

It's possible that after the two AFCCs the buzz wore off and Rex's shtick lost its magic.

Rex is a guy I would love to sit at in a bar, have a few drinks and shoot the breeze. We could do it every week, and I would probably never grow tired of his stories and bravado. Add to the fact that he is loyal, and he makes for a good friend that you see occasionally.

As I run my business, I may even introduce Rex to a few of my management guys, and if we have a project that fit Rex's expertise, I would even allow him to freelance and be around my guys.

Now, what I would never do is give Rex the keys to my business and give him a business model and ask him to fulfill that. I would worry about him providing bonuses that are out of scope, meeting production and how he may be portrayed by my clientele. 

Rex-Great guy, no doubt.

Totally agree. Woody should have known all this going in though, that is what makes this even more frustrating (and scary).

i hate the giants with a passion but at least there head coach wasn't too gutless and or clueless to make a gesture to two cops who were executed in his city the night before a game….good guy that Coughlin….whats the name of this award again?

I think some of the Rex hate is out of bounds...he was a decent coach, just unorganized. The team rid his emotions and they too often see-sawed week to week.

i agree with that, thats actually a really good way to put it, I have teed off on him I admit, but you summed it up pretty well.

Rex will be missed. He's a good guy and for a while there at the begining of his tenure he made me proud again to be a Jets fan. However, it's been hell these past few years. It's time to move on. All things come to an end, hopefully the door closing on rex leads to the door opening to a competent all around head coach.

He really deserves the Rex Ryan Inaugural My Team Has Never Drafted Any Good Players Award

Change that to QB and there's some truth to that whether you want to admit it or not. We were a QB away from at least 1 SB, maybe 2

Sickening how Sanchez was forced on Rex without his consent

when you have a coach who isn't the GM, the GM is more culpable in lack of talent. The fact the we paired weak GM's with a lunkhead coach isn't the responsibility of the coach .

Have a merry Xmas blatesman

Archived