MIKE SHERMAN FOR NEXT COACH!

Latinlawyer

Before anyone says Mike Tice for Coach, I think we should interview Sherman! This guy has been a huge winner in GB and he can get a team going. I was surprised when he was fired but I think the firing had more to do with getting Farve to retire than Sherman being a bad coach.

SHERMAN FOR COACH!

LL

Before anyone says Mike Tice for Coach, I think we should interview Sherman! This guy has been a huge winner in GB and he can get a team going. I was surprised when he was fired but I think the firing had more to do with getting Farve to retire than Sherman being a bad coach.

SHERMAN FOR COACH!

LL

Forget Tice! I don't think Tags will let him flip burgers for Herm, let alone be a HC again.

If Sherman (I really don't know) is a disciplinarian, I'm all for him and couple that with his record.

I think what this team needs most is someone who will give them a swift kick in the ass. Herm let these guys get away with too much crap...that's why they all loved playing for him.

Who would you suggest (that is available)?

LL

Mangini would be my top choice. But I would rather have a lot of guys that Sherman. Sherman would get eaten alive by the New York media and has been riding the coat tails or Brett Favre and the rst of the Holmgren gang.

LL...

maybe you like his personality, but if you watch GB games his playcalling is even worse than herms.

I go almost just as nuts watching a Sherman called game as a Herm game.

This guy stinks.

Leave the playcalling to dinger and DHen....let Sherman rule this team with an iron fist...we can call him the "SHERMAN TANK!"

LL

SHERMAN FOR COACH!

LL

huge winner? what the hell did he win? i missed it

Jets | Team wants to interview Sherman; no interview set yet

Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:05:40 -0800

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets want to interview former Green Bay Packers head coach Mike Sherman for their head coaching vacancy, but they have yet to contact him. According to a person with close ties to Sherman, the Jets' job would be "amazingly good" for him.

from that same article in reference to Sherman...

He's not a flim-flam man, not a showman," said the person close to Sherman, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "He's lived virtually his whole life on the East Coast. He was born and raised there. He's about as East Coast a guy as you're going to get. He's a tough guy, a no-nonsense guy. He's not into the dance and romance. He'll be able to handle the media there extraordinarily well."

Sherman is number 2 on my list of availables...Mangini holding a slight advantage.

from that same article in reference to Sherman...

He's not a flim-flam man, not a showman," said the person close to Sherman, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "He's lived virtually his whole life on the East Coast. He was born and raised there. He's about as East Coast a guy as you're going to get. He's a tough guy, a no-nonsense guy. He's not into the dance and romance. He'll be able to handle the media there extraordinarily well."

Sherman is number 2 on my list of availables...Mangini holding a slight advantage.

I think Sherman can come in here and have this team ready for '06. mangini will take some time to break in. He will need a learning period like Herm did.

The guy has heart, he has knowledge from one of if not the best coaches in recent memory, and he is young. Not one of those coaches whose health you have to worry about 2-3 years down the road. I feel that this team is in desperate need of something they haven't had in a long time, if ever. Stability

Mangini could offer that, albeit 2 years from now [-o<

Archived