Report: Both Rex and Idzik Will be Fired Monday Morning

JetsFanatic

Woody blames Rex as much as Idzik on personnel decisions:

Brian Custer @BCusterTV Follow

Got a call, & my source says @woodyjohnson4 will meet with Rex & Idzik Monday morning & he would be shocked if either one is retained! #Jets

Apparently, Woody likes Rex but says he was in every personnel meeting & always agreed! Never spoke up if he didn't agree. His downfall!

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/12/24/7447431/report-both-john-idzik-and-rex-ryan-likely-to-be-fired

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually enjoyed this season. Nothing is worse, in my opinion, than knowing you aren't going to win anything relevant, i.e. Division title or a playoff game.  9 and 10 win seasons suck. I would rather suffer for an entire year or two, knowing they will clean house and give us a better shot at building a contender. 

Sorry to say it,  not caring if the Jets were going to win each week made my NFL season much more enjoyable.

Woody blames Rex as much as Idzik on personnel decisions:

Got a call, & my source says @woodyjohnson4 will meet with Rex & Idzik Monday morning & he would be shocked if either one is retained! #Jets

Apparently, Woody likes Rex but says he was in every personnel meeting & always agreed! Never spoke up if he didn't agree. His downfall!

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/12/24/7447431/report-both-john-idzik-and-rex-ryan-likely-to-be-fired

all I want for x-mas is Rex detached from my beloved Jets. And I think Idzik will be demoted, not fired. I could care less about that one, as long as he is no longer GM.

Rex was in the meetings? That can't be. Head coaches are glorified cheerleaders and Rex has been enslaved under Darth Idzik for two years now. I mean, if he was there it's safe to say his black magic silenced his very loins.

Hard for me to believe the talkative and boasting Rex sat in the corner of the room and sulked

Hard for me to believe the talkative and boasting Rex sat in the corner of the room and sulked

He made frappuccino bets over where JJ Watt would get drafted and googled twink shots of a shirtless Dennis Thurman, all the while sympathizing with young black males who grew up tough in one-parent homes just like he did.

I can see it. You know he didn't watch college games except Clemson, of course, or pay attention to scouting reports. All Idzik and Bauer or Bradway would have to say is "this guy hits like a ton of bricks and Rex would be all in on draftng him. Remember the story of how they sent him down to Kentucky to look at a LB and he saw slow running bad catching RB John Conner make a block and he was begging for the Terminator when every pick came up

its as if rex getting fired in a few days is not good enough for some posters. this board is bordering on unreadable lately.

on a side note, apparently, this is what must happen. send idzik off to make coffee and travel arangements and rex off to tv land

He made frappuccino bets over where JJ Watt would get drafted and googled twink shots of a shirtless Dennis Thurman, all the while sympathizing with young black males who grew up tough in one-parent homes just like he did.

Frappuccino, twink shots, shirtless old man, young black males, grew up tough....

All the autofill phrases that come up on your internet searches when you type the letters f,t,s,y,and g?

Saying Rex Ryan will sit quietly and smile while decisions are being made, is like saying you can milk a hippo and it'll give you a kiss.

Unless Rex is even more of the "let others make the calls, take credit when they succeed and wash your hands of it when they don't" type than I already assumed he was.

I can see it. You know he didn't watch college games except Clemson, of course, or pay attention to scouting reports. All Idzik and Bauer or Bradway would have to say is "this guy hits like a ton of bricks and Rex would be all in on draftng him. Remember the story of how they sent him down to Kentucky to look at a LB and he saw slow running bad catching RB John Conner make a block and he was begging for the Terminator when every pick came up

This sums up Rex's entire HC career perfectly.

I actually enjoyed this season. Nothing is worse, in my opinion, than knowing you aren't going to win anything relevant, i.e. Division title or a playoff game.  9 and 10 win seasons suck. I would rather suffer for an entire year or two, knowing they will clean house and give us a better shot at building a contender. 

Sorry to say it,  not caring if the Jets were going to win each week made my NFL season much more enjoyable.

The Giants I think would disagree..

"He plays like a Jet already."

"We're a zillion ways better."

"The Jets will be ready, there's no question."

Some additional.gems you left out

"We had great practices"

"The guys were flying around"

"I'm not here to kiss Belichick's rings"

"Let's get some goddam snacks"

"And all that stuff"

Archived