Throwbacks 2015?

Jetsmanjb

Instead of considering the Titans throwback Jerseys next year, I think it'd be cool if for at least one game they brought back these helmets.  

Unless the NFL changes their rules on helmets, won't happen. Remember Tampa wanted to bring back their Bruce helmets for a game, and the NFL told them they couldn't owing to some thing about only one helmet allowed per player per season.

Unless the NFL changes their rules on helmets, won't happen. Remember Tampa wanted to bring back their Bruce helmets for a game, and the NFL told them they couldn't owing to some thing about only one helmet allowed per player per season.

I've heard this before. I can't believe that a vinyl wrap isn't possible. Hell, they do it to entire stock cars.

And what about the dual helmets with radios in them?

I have always supported the 80's Era Uniforms as our Official Throwback Uniform.

The Titans was fine, for a season, but the 80's Uniform is beloved by many (and to be fair, loathed by a few as well, who apparently think it's the Uniforms fault the team lost in them (and who also forget the moderate success and great players of those mid-80's teams)).

I have always supported the 80's Era Uniforms as our Official Throwback Uniform.

The Titans was fine, for a season, but the 80's Uniform is beloved by many (and to be fair, loathed by a few as well, who apparently think it's the Uniforms fault the team lost in them (and who also forget the moderate success and great players of those mid-80's teams)).

+1 The Titans uniforms are idiotic. The team is the Jets, not the Titans. 10x the Jets fans today became so watching the '78-'97 uniforms than did watching the NY Titans. 

Besides, there isn't a Jets uniform style in existence that has no prior association with losing. And incidentally, the Titans never once finished with a winning record and used to turn the ball over 50x/year in a 14-game season. But hey, they once mounted a 3-game winning streak that no living person actually remembers.

The Pats wear the Pat Patriot throwback a couple of times a year so it can be done.

The Pats wear the Pat Patriot throwback a couple of times a year so it can be done.

They can paint over the existing helmets the players wear.  The Lions and Packers I know did that this year.  I don't recall seeing the Patriots wear their throwbacks, which BTW, are much better then the uniforms they wear now.

The Bucs have worn those uniforms as alternates in recent years. Of course, this could be a new rule, as I really can't recall anyone wearing throwbacks this year except for the Packers and Steelers both breaking out their God awful 30's garb.

The Bucs have worn those uniforms as alternates in recent years. Of course, this could be a new rule, as I really can't recall anyone wearing throwbacks this year except for the Packers and Steelers both breaking out their God awful 30's garb.

IIRC it's the last year or two. The NFL instituted it so they couldn't be held liable if a player decided to attribute a concussion to being forced to wear a new helmet by the league.

Those 80's uniforms are beloved by many because even though we lost a lot of games, we saw our favorite players in those uniforms, and it reminds us of those times. Al Toon, Wesley Walker - you're reminded of those great players when you see the uniforms. The only drawback is that instead of no.83 being Jerome Barkum, it's now Chris Pantele, or instead of no. 44 being Riggins, it's only the mere Zach Sudfeld.

I hate those 80's uniforms. They're as boring as they are ugly.

Fun fact: the Jets changed from the Super Bowl winning attire to those hideous things in some misguided hope to help Richard Todd to stop throwing so many interceptions. Back in the day, there were five teams in the division, all with white helmets. They thought the green ones would help him find his receivers. It didn't.

The Titans unis are ugly, but at least they're interesting in a Bears or Steelers throwback kinda way.

Nothing couild have helped Richard Todd. Imagine how great Wesley Walker would have been if he had a real qb throwing him passes? What baffled me was that Todd was a wishbone qb in college, but was totally immobile in the NFL, though not quite as immobile as Obrien after him, the human statue, or Namath before him, who could only move backwards after all those knee operatons.

Instead of considering the Titans throwback Jerseys next year, I think it'd be cool if for at least one game they brought back these helmets.

Yeah I definitely like these with the black trim, but I would still take the 80s style over the Titan uniforms.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Football is a game of tradition and you cannot live in the future without understanding the past- that is why for one game a year I suggest throwbacks.  

It is all about honoring the players who put on the uniforms before you did and respecting them in doing so. 

Football is a game of tradition and you cannot live in the future without understanding the past- that is why for one game a year I suggest throwbacks.

It is all about honoring the players who put on the uniforms before you did and respecting them in doing so.

That is what the ring of honor is for

Wearing either those blue and yellow things or the even uglier electric green disco duds would be more fitting on a ring of HORROR

I hate those 80's uniforms. They're as boring as they are ugly.

Fun fact: the Jets changed from the Super Bowl winning attire to those hideous things in some misguided hope to help Richard Todd to stop throwing so many interceptions. Back in the day, there were five teams in the division, all with white helmets. They thought the green ones would help him find his receivers. It didn't.

The Titans unis are ugly, but at least they're interesting in a Bears or Steelers throwback kinda way.

The Steelers throwbacks look like Halloween costumes not football uniforms. "Hey, look at us! We're dressed up as a hive full of bees! BZZZZZZZZ! Haha - stung ya!" I think they're only interesting in that it's interesting the league or any franchise or any player or any fan would have ever advocated donning that ridiculous getup as a football uniform.

Rex already runs a throwback offense , isn't that enough ??

Archived