The end is near, Rex cleaned out his office- link

Barkus

nice pat on your own back for guessing an employee that was told he is being fired, took a coupla things from his office the day before.

but that's not what I was referring to when I told you to get a grip.

But Rex hasn't been told anything is the point. It's all premature juvenile power moves and mind games.

You can't really fire me - I'm already outta here. I hate this place anyway.

If you want, I'll come back. I love it here.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because he is not a complete HC.  He never paid attention to the offense.

Ground and pound. The Sanchez tattoo.

Rex tried to get it to work with Sanchez but Sanchez is just an inconsistent QB. I believe that Sanchez knows what to do watching film and in practice but gets lost when real bullets start flying. Philly is doomed with Sanchez.

I don't think so. A team looking to rebuild for the long term didn't save up tens of millions in cap room to get a 1 year deal from a corner who wants to test the FA market every offseason. A team who is a sure-thing contender right now does that. 

Signing him to $13M for 1 season (or whatever additional amount tit would have taken to outbid NE), was not a good move for the Jets. After this season we'd still be a losing team (even if he didn't get injured with the Jets), we'd have lower draft picks in every round, and the team quite possibly wouldn't be cleaning house. Oh, and we'd have $13M less space to sign others in 2015 (or beyond) and Revis would still be a free agent in 2015.

Revis > Vick + Harvin + Patterson (15M total)

all of the above players are essentially on 1 year deals.   Only different is we gave up a future pick for Harvin.  

this is why Idzik is done as an NFL GM.   he will never get another chance after this debacle. 

all of the above players are essentially on 1 year deals. Only different is we gave up a future pick for Harvin.

this is why Idzik is done as an NFL GM. he will never get another chance after this debacle.

Hasn't this been discussed for over a year. Woody was done with Revis.

Man up, Woody.

Via NJ.com

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — Make no mistake: Rex Ryan believes he's going to get fired as the Jets' head coach sometime after Sunday's season finale at the Dolphins.

But Ryan is also aware that owner Woody Johnson is considering firing general manager John Idzik and leaving it up to Idzik's successor to determine whether Ryan stays or goes, according to a person with knowledge of Ryan's thinking who was granted anonymity because that person was not authorized to speak publicly.

That Johnson was thinking of letting Ryan dangle like that has been out there since Friday, though at that time it was only a rumor that Ryan had heard, the person close to him said. But the rumor has since been acknowledged as an actual possibility by ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

And Ryan is furious that Johnson would even consider such a thing.

"Rex is livid right now," the person told NJ Advance Media this weekend. "He hasn't talked to Woody yet, but he wants to talk to him and say, 'Fire me [bleeping] today. Fire me whenever. I'm not going to hang around and miss out on [another job opportunity].'"

Ryan began clearing out his office at Jets HQ on Friday after getting word that Charley Casserly had begun shopping Ryan's and Idzik's jobs to potential candidates—a sure sign that Ryan and Idzik are goners. Casserly, a former NFL GM, is a consultant Johnson retained to assist with the looming personnel changes he seems ready to make. Casserly did not immediately return a phone message left for him this weekend seeking comment.

But the person with knowledge of Ryan's thinking speculated that Johnson may want to delay cutting Ryan loose until after he brings in another GM (with Casserly's help) precisely to keep Ryan from taking another job right away. That person, however, stressed that Ryan doesn't know for sure whether that's what Johnson intends to do.

"All this stuff could change because [Woody] might wake up and say, 'I want to keep Rex,'" the person said.

Jane McManus ‏@janesports  7h

Rex Ryan asked if this is his last game as Jets coach: "It's not about me, it's never been about me."

You're right Rex, it was never about you.

“I never came here to kiss Bill Belichick’s, you know, rings,” 

******* head case.

all of the above players are essentially on 1 year deals.   Only different is we gave up a future pick for Harvin.  

this is why Idzik is done as an NFL GM.   he will never get another chance after this debacle.

Because he made dumb moves later with the cap space doesn't mean it was smart to use it on Revis either.

Harvin made little sense. The best one could come up with is you get a player like him when you can, but Seattle wasn't keeping him next year. And few teams would have signed up for that contract of his and paid it next year. So there's a very good chance he could have been had in March for no pick and lower money.

The Vick pickup I hated from day 1. I suppose it made sense on paper, but only if we were going to actually use him before it was too late.

Patterson was just a bad signing.

But lost in all this is still the fiction that Revis would have come here when he'd been talking to NE for some time then already. He was going to NE. I don't blame him for giving the Jets a call, like giving any other team a call, to see if they wanted to get into a bidding war on a 1 year deal.

It would not have been a good pickup. As it is people are already complaining about picking 6th. Would we be in better shape picking 11th (if he even made it through the season and actually made that type of an impact)? I don't think so.

Rex will HC again and quite possibly this coming season.

When he has the players, his defenses are post season quality. Rex never had a QB in 6 years and I do not why Rex was so enamored with a turnover machine like Sanchez. Sanchez single handily sabotaged the Jets.

troof

Woody not pleased with Rex because he was a part of and agreed with ALL of the personnel moves of Tanny and Idzik and he somehow gets a free pass from many for being "forced" to coach a team with personnel deficiencies. It seems that Rex's desire to be popular extended to all of his dealings with the front office. 

You know how I'm always pointing at Rex's tough talk as the obvious behavior of an insecure man? Well, being that guy that needs to be liked by everyone no matter what... also a huge insecurity thing.

Rex's character profile makes him PERFECT as a coordinator, he is in the "foxhole" so-to-speak with his guys, he doesn't have to be the bad guy, ever, that's what the head coach is there for. With all the money that Woody spends for consultants to advise him, I wonder in all of that if they ever use any Meyers-Briggs type of assessment tools... 

Pairing Rex -a guy with no talent evaluation skills- with a pair of accountants as GMs has led to the disaster that this season is. Rex won eight games with smoke & mirrors last year. The next regime is going to gut this team in short order.

True. The fault starts at the top and trickles down. Woody Woodpecker is ultimately responsible. He chose Tanny who had zero experience, shunned other potential GM's by insisting Rex return and then compounds it all again by hiring Idziot who was totally clueless.  Rex is a good DC - he is not a head coach.  Good head coaches do not come easily.  They have to be able to DEVELOP players on both sides of the ball.  Rex's forte is defense and he has a slapstick persona that makes him somewhat appealing to the fan base and media.  But this has worn thin and its transparent he has no business being a head coach.  His unusual early success was due to inheriting a pretty talented defense and offense from Mangini.  But his fall from grace was his inability to develop the offense, especially Mark Sanchez.  The Rex Ryan era was doomed from the start by throwing all their chips in on Sanchez, who was a huge gamble.  Tanny and Ryan never adjusted from Sanchez nor did Woody adjust from Rex because he is just not part of the inner NFL circles.  Woody fired Tanny, which was smart, but continued to have faith in Rex for some unfathomable reason, which was asinine.  Rex has taken Woody, the Jets and this fan base for a ride.  Hopefully, Woody has learned his lesson and will hand the reigns over to a legitimate football mind.                  

According to Chris Mortensen, the New York Jets will fire Rex Ryan and John Idzik tomorrow morning.

Jets owner Woody Johnson will move swiftly Monday to fire both John Idzik and Rex Ryan, per sources. Johnson won't keep Ryan hanging on fate

5:38 AM - 29 Dec 2014

899 RETWEETS 328 FAVORITE

Six years, brutally murdered at the hands of a manchild. The Rex Era was a huge waste of time. I'd like to be happier about it coming to an end, but it's easily two years too late. He's wrecked the team, the franchise, and (through his self-serving manipulations) he's ruined the fan base to the point where most of them believe that going 4-12 was actually commendable somehow. Rex Ryan, the loser, leaves the job in the same condition that Rich Kotite, the loser, left the job. Only this time, the waters are so muddied here, and the owner has been revealed to be such a meddling rube, that no one of Parcells' stature will come within 500 yards of Florham Park to bail us out. We are Three Mile Island. Casserly will come in and set up one of his former coffee-boys with the GM job, Ron Wolf will rubber stamp it, and they'll both take their checks to the golf course and laugh about stealing Woody's money. Then this coffee-boy GM will try to hire a coach, find no takers, and hire someone with few options otherwise--Lane Kiffin, perhaps--and we'll start to pretend to rebuild again, until the next tsunami overakes Woody's hobby horse franchise, again. As for Rex, he'll take a TV job, where his hillbilly charm will dazzle Middle America, or maybe he uses that same hillbilly charm to trick the Raiders into thinking he's not the serial killer of other's careers that the blood on his hands says he is. Either way, he's left this franchise much worse than he found it. One imagines him walking away from a car wreck, in slow motion, the gas tank exploding and Rex not looking back as flames overake the mangled frame. He reaches up and brushes fragments of windshield off of his shoulder. The screams of all his victims diffused into the atmosphere, replaced now by a chorus of media sycophants blaming not the driver of this car, but everything and anyone else. Blaming us. Blaming the car for wrecking itself. And maybe they're right.

**** you, Rex Ryan. **** you for what you did to this team, to all those careers, to all those players, and to these fans who you've conditioned to believe that 8-8 constitutes a good year. Get the **** outta here, loser.

Six years, brutally murdered at the hands of a manchild. The Rex Era was a huge waste of time. I'd like to be happier about it coming to an end, but it's easily two years too late. He's wrecked the team, the franchise, and (through his self-serving manipulations) he's ruined the fan base to the point where most of them believe that going 4-12 was actually commendable somehow. Rex Ryan, the loser, leaves the job in the same condition that Rich Kotite, the loser, left the job. Only this time, the waters are so muddied here, and the owner has been revealed to be such a meddling rube, that no one of Parcells' stature will come within 500 yards of Florham Park to bail us out. We are Three Mile Island. Casserly will come in and set up one of his former coffee-boys with the GM job, Ron Wolf will rubber stamp it, and they'll both take their checks to the golf course and laugh about stealing Woody's money. Then this coffee-boy GM will try to hire a coach, find no takers, and hire someone with few options otherwise--Lane Kiffin, perhaps--and we'll start to pretend to rebuild again, until the next tsunami overakes Woody's hobby horse franchise, again. As for Rex, he'll take a TV job, where his hillbilly charm will dazzle Middle America, or maybe he uses that same hillbilly charm to trick the Raiders into thinking he's not the serial killer of other's careers that the blood on his hands says he is. Either way, he's left this franchise much worse than he found it. One imagines him walking away from a car wreck, in slow motion, the gas tank exploding and Rex not looking back as flames overake the mangled frame. He reaches up and brushes fragments of windshield off of his shoulder. The screams of all his victims diffused into the atmosphere, replaced now by a chorus of media sycophants blaming not the driver of this car, but everything and anyone else. Blaming us. Blaming the car for wrecking itself. And maybe they're right.

**** you, Rex Ryan. **** you for what you did to this team, to all those careers, to all those players, and to these fans who you've conditioned to believe that 8-8 constitutes a good year. Get the **** outta here, loser.

Good Morning T0MsHANE

I heard he has a horrific farting problem also.

agreed. It is we, the fans, who are furious. Don't give one little sh!t about how Rex feels. He can have a temper tantrum right on the 50 yard line for all I care. Too late Rex. You screwed this team up along with the two bozo GMs you worked with. And now you're furious? Too funny. He can really be an imbecile at times.

+1

giphy.gif

tumblr_m1x0r58rXD1rp2wp5o1_500.gif

Archived