Mort...Idzik gone, New GM could decide on Rex

AFJF

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Mort writes a report about what Woody will do, admits it is unsubstantiated, admits he has not spoken to Woody or to anyone and at Jet nation we get 175 mostly hysterical posts condemning Woody

There should have been ONE post...

Dear Mort, stop Manish ing things up and STFU until you have something real to tell us

Seriously, you would think Woody learned from the last GM search what kind of a deterrent keeping Rex on the staff can have in getting candidates to interview. Hopefully, Casserly and Wolf show Woodrow the light.

Such BS. Rex didn't prevent any GM's from coming here.

Is this a homonym joke?

that's my stressed out because I've been trying to close on a house for 2 weeks and the bank keeps jerking me around material.  tomorrow should be the closing and I'll go back to my high brow stuff.

that's my stressed out because I've been trying to close on a house for 2 weeks and the bank keeps jerking me around material.  tomorrow should be the closing and I'll go back to my high brow stuff.

If it's any consolation the banks are doing that to everyone-lost paperwork, blown commitment dates, unending paperwork, your file to a new loan guy every time you call. And then one day they call you up and say you need to close in 2 days. It's an insane process. 

If it's any consolation the banks are doing that to everyone-lost paperwork, blown commitment dates, unending paperwork, your file to a new loan guy every time you call. And then one day they call you up and say you need to close in 2 days. It's an insane process. 

It's been a nightmare.  But early last week I got a hold of a managers email address at the bank and launched a shock and awe campaign in his mailbox.  It seemed to have worked because he blasted through delays and has seemingly wrapped everything up haha.

According to Cimini, Rex will be fired tomorrow

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 30s30 seconds ago

Impressive win amounts to nothing more than going-away present for Rex Ryan: MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Rex Ryan w... http://tinyurl.com/p5y3n58

"Bottom line: Ryan is toast. Some of his players spoke of him in the past tense, wishing it didn't have to be this way."

This a$$hole gets his news about an hour after everyone else.

I can't see how REX stays.  We can't repeat the IDSIK hire. The GM has to pick his own coach.  Let's make some sense out to this Mr. Johnson.

Pretty please.

I can't see how REX stays.  We can't repeat the IDSIK hire. The GM has to pick his own coach.  Let's make some sense out to this Mr. Johnson.

Pretty please.

Rex isn't staying.  Firing everyone is the easy part.  The hard part is finding/hiring a good GM.  The chances are better that Woody gets it wrong than he gets it right.

This a$$hole gets his news about an hour after everyone else.

Maybe he just tweets slower than everyone else. Based on meeting him going to and from various Jet road trips I'd say the Dick is neither quick, sharp or smart

Scott piolii as gm,mike Shanahan as head coach Dave wannnstedt as d. Coordinator if he's still interested in coaching. If not than Raheem Morris as d. Coordinator, gary Kubiak as o. Coordinator and mike tice as asst. head coach/offensive line. Now that killer combo would be a jets heaven!!!! Of course we will get none of these guys and continue hiring idiots and guys with no pedigree at all. Cause after all we are the sorryass jets!!!!! But there u all go,I just hired our gm and coaching staff overnight and didn't need no Charlie damn casserly or Ron freakin wolf to tell me right from wrong!!!!

Scott piolii as gm,mike Shanahan as head coach Dave wannnstedt as d. Coordinator if he's still interested in coaching. If not than Raheem Morris as d. Coordinator, gary Kubiak as o. Coordinator and mike tice as asst. head coach/offensive line. Now that killer combo would be a jets heaven!!!! Of course we will get none of these guys and continue hiring idiots and guys with no pedigree at all. Cause after all we are the sorryass jets!!!!! But there u all go,I just hired our gm and coaching staff overnight and didn't need no Charlie damn casserly or Ron freakin wolf to tell me right from wrong!!!!

Oh dear god.

That could be the worst collection of tired old failed retreads ever listed...you left out Richie Kotite, Tight Ends coach and Matt Millen, Assistant GM in charge of scouting

That could be the worst collection of tired old failed retreads ever listed...you left out Richie Kotite, Tight Ends coach and Matt Millen, Assistant GM in charge of scouting

gotta have Ken Rose as my special teams coach no?

Team CBS, hopefully. Gives him plenty of time to troll the Vince Lombardi Rest Area for foot fetishists who like weather-beaten blondes.

Where I imagine he'd meet you and be scared straight. Can only be good for him. Imagine it'd be the Lombardi Trophy in his next stop after that.

Shanahan is a top line coach. I give him a mulligan in wash. No one can work for the Gestapo owner named Daniel Snyder!!! In Denver the guy created a freakin legacy...wannnstedt is one of the best d. Coordinators ever in the nfl. Now head coach??? Yaaaaaa,not so much!!but just like Rex and many others some guys are only meant to be coordinators. Not head coaches!! Kubiak is a amazing o. Coordinator and has had a offense in top 10 his entire coordinating career..also,yet another guy who's not head coach material...and tice another not head coach is probably thee best offensive line coach in the game. And old farts???rahemm Morris sir is like 15 yrs old!!!lol!! Are u even aware of who Morris is Sir???

Couldn't agree more.  That group of coaches would set the Jets back even further than the tandem of Idzik and Ryan have over the past two seasons.  

It might be a good coaching staff if this was the late 90s or early 2000s, but it isn't.

Shanahan is a top line coach. I give him a mulligan in wash. No one can work for the Gestapo owner named Daniel Snyder!!! In Denver the guy created a freakin legacy...wannnstedt is one of the best d. Coordinators ever in the nfl. Now head coach??? Yaaaaaa,not so much!!but just like Rex and many others some guys are only meant to be coordinators. Not head coaches!! Kubiak is a amazing o. Coordinator and has had a offense in top 10 his entire coordinating career..also,yet another guy who's not head coach material...and tice another not head coach is probably thee best offensive line coach in the game. And old farts???rahemm Morris sir is like 15 yrs old!!!lol!! Are u even aware of who Morris is Sir???

Of course, Morris was the total flop at Tampa ..He failed your old age test but qualified on all other counts for your Worst Front Office and Coaching Staff Ever list

Such BS. Rex didn't prevent any GM's from coming here.

Tony Pauline, who has several NFL connections, reported during the last GM search that the requirement that the incoming GM keep the incumbent head coach caused many candidates not seriously consider the Jets job. It has nothing to do with Rex individually, it has to do with making a GM stay with a coach the GM did not hire. 

Idzik likely out, new GM could decide Rex's fate.

Chris Mortnesen

John Idzik is expected to be fired by the New York Jets after two years as the team's general manager but Rex Ryan's fate as coach possibly could be decided by the GM who replaces Idzik, according to league sources.

Jets owner Woody Johnson could not be reached for comment and a team official says that Johnson has not internally revealed any decisions he is prepared to make.

Ryan cleaned out his desk this week at the Jets headquarters but sources say he has not been told he is out as the team's coach, despite his belief he is done.

While Johnson ultimately could make that decision, one source said the owner remains fond of Ryan and would prefer that Idzik's replacement make the call on the coach. The source did speculate that Ryan could try to persuade Johnson not to leave him in a state of indecision.

Aside from Idzik's imminent ouster, Johnson also is considering other changes in the personnel department, sources said.

To help, Ron Wolf is joining the Jets as a consultant in the likely event that the team is searching for a new coach and/or GM, a league source said. Johnson had already lined up Charley Casserly as a consultant.

ESPN.com's Rich Cimini contributed to this report.

Here's another version of the same report:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms the Jets are expected to fire GM John Idzik.

This was fully expected, especially after the Jets' own website published stories this week on Idzik's failings as a general manager. Per Mort, owner Woody Johnson will leave Rex Ryan's fate in the hands of the Jets' next GM. Johnson would love to keep Rex -- he's a top-ten NFL head coach -- but New York's next decision maker may deem it best to clean house. Rex cleaned out his office this week, but "he has not been told he is out."

Letting the new GM decide on Rex is the scenario I predicted months ago on JI though I didn't hope for that situation. It just made sense.

I also wrongly predicted Mornhinweg wouldn't survive the full season. That part I did hope for.

Well I'm waitin genius!! Let's here ur staff..or do u not even know enough coaches and gms around the league to name bigmouth!!

So let me here your idea for a staff and gm???

See. This is exactly what's wrong with jet fans. Quick to critisiize but have no answers or solutions!! Just spew out crap against others ideas who actually know the damn game and league!!

Hey, Sybil.  It's incoherent, illiterate noobs like you that require us to flush twice after each thread lately.  WTF?

Shanahan 170-136 record

8 playoff appearances,2 Super Bowl wins!!!!

And ur hero Richie kotite 40-59 record

1 playoff appearance with eagles

And u have the nerve to compare that bum Richie to shanny????? Ur a absolute insult to jets fans everywhere and to this great jetnation!!! I just puked in my mouth do to you sir!!!

Archived