Idzik review of moves

Dinamite

It will be good for jets to clean house, but it is fair to say that idzik did some good things. Analyzing positives and negatives of Idziks tenure.

Good

Sheldon

Ivory

Cap space

Decker

Marcus williams

Potentially good or adequate

Harvin

Amaro

Pryor

Maybe (can't say it is bad yet)

Millner

Aboushi

Mcdougle

Shaw Evans (a stretch)

Bad

Draft record

Ignoring needs such as wr in draft and cb in fa

Some fa pickups (eg goodson, Patterson )

Apparently creating bad environment where staff comments on moves and non moves.

I neglected to include Geno. I limed the pick because I think it is a good idea to gamble on a potential qb who was rated as possibly the best qb in that draft class. But it was very bad to insist in playing him when he was not ready or just not a good player.

Move Milliner from maybe to bad. You don't trade the best player in the NFL at a position and then turn around and use the draft pick you got for him on his replacement. Absolutely asinine, but I don't fully blame Idzik for that, as the move screams Rex Ryan.

Move Milliner from maybe to bad. You don't trade the best player in the NFL at a position and then turn around and use the draft pick you got for him on his replacement. Absolutely asinine, but I don't fully blame Idzik for that, as the move screams Rex Ryan.

That's not what happened.

The cap space moves were obvious. Giving him credit for that is like a tournament where everybody wins a trophy. Decker and Harvin should both be moved down a level too.

Decker had a good not great year given shaky we play. 74 receptions, 5th and 962 yards. He will be good piece moving forward.

It will be good for jets to clean house, but it is fair to say that idzik did some good things. Analyzing positives and negatives of Idziks tenure.

Good

Sheldon

Ivory

Cap space

Decker

Marcus williams

Harvin

Amaro

Pryor

Millner

Aboushi

Mcdougle

Shaw Evans (a stretch)

Bad

Draft record

Apparently creating bad environment where staff comments on moves and non moves.

I really think Pryor is the center piece to everything that will happen over the next 48 hours.

If Pryor puts up a pro bowl caliber season we probably still only win four games, but everyone would focus on Richardson and Pryor... And Milliners grade being an incomplete. Changes perception drastically.

Instead Pryor (who may develop into a top safety) was obviously not a 1st round caliber player, Milliner is an injury case, Geno was a high 2nd rounder that is a bust.

Look at all the jobs Beckham saved.

Pryor also made Rex look really bad because you know Rex was THRILLED to draft that kid. I'm sure Woody watched Rex down a whole case of M&M's in celebration after that Pryor pick.

All Idzik needed to do was resign Cromartie and he would still have a job, He was too stupid and should be fired for it.

That's really what it boils down to. A man with a surfeit of cap space settled for an talented yet injury-prone Sophomore and a batsh*t crazy Journeyman to man the most vital position in the scheme that his coach uses. I like a decent portion of the moves that Idzik made, but that alone is a fireable offense.

Of course u do. Revis required a large contract AFTER a major knee surgery Jets didn't want to commit to that not knowing what would happen in the future BESIDES the fact that Revis would have walked away from the Jets leaving them nothing.

Now Milliner may not be a great pickup, but the idea of trading away an injured player for a 1st round pick is only "asinine" in the 20/20 world.

Good

Sheldon

Ivory

Cap space

Decker

Marcus williams

Harvin

Amaro

Pryor

Millner

Aboushi

Mcdougle

Shaw Evans (a stretch)

Bad

Draft record

who the hell is marcus wiliams?

I hate when people use the word "Asinine", especially when it it doesnt describe the situation. Revis didnt want to play ball and would have been a free agent the following season. Idzik traded him, and got Sheldon Richardson. He also got the projected best Corner in the class that year. Its only asinine because Milliner hasn't been on the field. This is called hindsight. At the time the Milliner pick wasnt the problem, the asinine problem was picking Richardson, which no one seen coming. Now that he's the MVP of the team I dont see people talking about how "asinine" it was to criticize the pick back then. 

All Idzik needed to do was resign Cromartie and he would still have a job, He was too stupid and should be fired for it.

That's very simplistic. But you may be correct. Just signing Cro may have made enough of a difference that he would NOT have been fired.

I hate when people use the word "Asinine", especially when it it doesnt describe the situation. Revis didnt want to play ball and would have been a free agent the following season. Idzik traded him, and got Sheldon Richardson. He also got the projected best Corner in the class that year. Its only asinine because Milliner hasn't been on the field. This is called hindsight. At the time the Milliner pick wasnt the problem, the asinine problem was picking Richardson, which no one seen coming. Now that he's the MVP of the team I dont see people talking about how "asinine" it was to criticize the pick back then.

No hindsight from me. I HATED the Milliner pick. Asinine is the perfect way to describe it. Unless Milliner was Revis 2.0, it was absolutely asinine. Perpetual 8-8 teams don't get better by trading their elite players and then burning first rounders on their replacements.

Of course u do. Revis required a large contract AFTER a major knee surgery Jets didn't want to commit to that not knowing what would happen in the future BESIDES the fact that Revis would have walked away from the Jets leaving them nothing.

Now Milliner may not be a great pickup, but the idea of trading away an injured player for a 1st round pick is only "asinine" in the 20/20 world.

You aren't following. Trading Revis wasn't asinine. Drafting a corner in the first round after trading him was.

You aren't following. Trading Revis wasn't asinine. Drafting a corner in the first round after trading him was.

I was following the situation as it happened. Drafting the top prospect at the position that your HC covets most to run his scheme wasnt asinine. Dictating who you can/can't draft base on a player you traded makes the trade look like it shouldn't have happened in the first place then. So if trading Revis wasnt Asinine then drafting his replacement (Milliner being the top prospect at the position) was in fact, self evident. 

I was following the situation as it happened. Drafting the top prospect at the position that your HC covets most to run his scheme wasnt asinine. Dictating who you can/can't draft base on a player you traded makes the trade look like it shouldn't have happened in the first place then. So if trading Revis wasnt Asinine then drafting his replacement (Milliner being the top prospect at the position) was in fact, self evident.

Revis-Wilson-Cromartie. We were a franchise in a downward trajectory that had already burned 3 1st or 2nd round picks on the position in the previous six years. While ignoring all skill positions besides Sanchez and Keller. So, yeah, the only self evident thing I see is that if you're a semi-sh*tty team that only pours resources into two positions, eventually, the bottom will completely fall out and you'll miss the playoffs for four straight years and completely flatline by the end.

You have to factor in what Idzik failed to do as well. How could he screw up the cb situation so badly and yet still believe that he was fielding a competitive team? I didn't see any sense of urgency whatsoever on his part to find a replacement for Dmitri Patterson. Thinking that injury-prone Dee Milliner, who was benched in his rookie year, should be your number one corner really showed a level of incompetency on Idzik's part that should disqualify him from being a GM of any NFL team.

No hindsight from me. I HATED the Milliner pick. Asinine is the perfect way to describe it. Unless Milliner was Revis 2.0, it was absolutely asinine. Perpetual 8-8 teams don't get better by trading their elite players and then burning first rounders on their replacements.

This was the same line of thinking that resulted in Jalen Saunders....you're right..

He wasn't traded for his lack of talent, off the field issues or age. It was his asking price. Jets did not want to invest 10+% of their cap on a corner so they decided to go different ways. Nothing wrong with it. Once Revis was gone, Jets had a need for his replacement. Again, nothing wrong with drafting the best corner prospect to replace Revis.

He wasn't traded for his lack of talent, off the field issues or age. It was his asking price. Jets did not want to invest 10+% of their cap on a corner so they decided to go different ways. Nothing wrong with it. Once Revis was gone, Jets had a need for his replacement. Again, nothing wrong with drafting the best corner prospect to replace Revis.

We had spent a first on Wilson and a 2nd on Cro. 2012 was the only year since 2009 that we hasn't burned a first or second on a corner. IDGAF if Wilson didn't work out. How about trying to replace Santana Moss? Enough with the ******* corners!

Archived