Villain's 2015 "Pre-Combine" Mock Draft 1.0

Villain The Foe

Its that time of year again ladies for Villain's 2015 Mock Draft. My 2014 season ended in November and so I've been on top of things rather early. Now that the season has officially ended for you guys and the Jets decided to win against Miami (Congrats Rex) to mess up our draft spot, here's what we're left with.

Okay, so here it goes. This is based on if the Jets go to a 4-3 based defense and they sign a free agent Guard and Quarterback. Also, if the GM trades DE Mo Wilkerson for a 2nd & 4th round pick which imo should happen (Atlanta???). So this is how it would look. The Jets would have a 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 7th. 

1st round- Ronnie Stanley OT Notre Dame

2nd round- Eric Kendricks OLB UCLA

2nd round- Devin Smith WR Ohio State

3rd round- Kurtis Drummond S Michigan State

4th round- Steve Nelson CB Oregon

4th round- Clive Walford TE Florida

5th round- Bo Wallace QB Ole Miss

7th round- Jake Smith C Louisville 

I like your draft, but there is no way I am trading Wilkerson. We don't have enough pro bowl caliber players to start trading away the ones we do have. 

I hear you on Wilkerson. Personally, it is a trade that is 100% about the future of the team. I know Wilk deserves top dollar, but we can't pay that and not have a qb. It will be a total waste. I would trade him and put Quinton Coples back on the line, get some draft picks and literally draft a qb every year until we hit. I would trade Rex Ryan and Mo Wilkerson to Atlanta and try to get their 1st and 3rd rounders. Look at Houston, they just gave Watt qb money, and though I would have paid it too, three sacks and a safety still didn't get them into the playoffs. Watt is different because he's not just a probowl caliber player, he's an MVP caliber player so you sign him, Wilkerson not so much. You trade and you add pieces to the offense while trying to find you qb. And use the original picks to help spread talent around your defense because the only real talent is the line. 

I like your draft, but there is no way I am trading Wilkerson. We don't have enough pro bowl caliber players to start trading away the ones we do have.

I agree. Let Wilk earn his big pay day by beastimg for us next year. There's still the franchise tag option after next season. As for the draft pick its going to come down to either Cooper or Scherf and too many teams picking ahead of us need a receiver so we probably end up with Scherf which is A OK

Its that time of year again ladies for Villain's 2015 Mock Draft. My 2014 season ended in November and so I've been on top of things rather early. Now that the season has officially ended for you guys and the Jets decided to win against Miami (Congrats Rex) to mess up our draft spot, here's what we're left with.

Okay, so here it goes. This is based on if the Jets go to a 4-3 based defense and they sign a free agent Guard and Quarterback. Also, if the GM trades DE Mo Wilkerson for a 2nd & 4th round pick which imo should happen (Atlanta???). So this is how it would look. The Jets would have a 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 7th. 

I stopped reading after the trade of Mo for a #2 and a #4 - no way Jose

lol, skip that part then check out the draft. I would like to get a 1st and 3rd for him but we couldn't get that for Revis in the same draft year and Revis was a better CB than Wilkerson is a DE.

Then why trade him?

You mention so we can pay a qb.. But who? No top line qbs escape via FA anymore and you no longer have to mortgage your future when you're drafting in the top 10

The cost of the DL won't be an issue until 2017 which Richardson's up for his deal.. But if you have a good gm, there are easy ways to structure deals that won't kill the cap

Then why trade him?

You mention so we can pay a qb.. But who? No top line qbs escape via FA anymore and you no longer have to mortgage your future when you're drafting in the top 10

The cost of the DL won't be an issue until 2017 which Richardson's up for his deal.. But if you have a good gm, there are easy ways to structure deals that won't kill the cap

I never said so we can pay a QB. Go back and read what I said. 

Your rational is we can't pay him if we don't have a qb.. What does that even mean?

The better our overall team is when we get a semi competent QB on the roster, the better chance he'll be successful. You don't trade one of the few all-pro caliber players on the roster for mid round draft picks

Your rational is we can't pay him if we don't have a qb.. What does that even mean?

The better our overall team is when we get a semi competent QB on the roster, the better chance he'll be successful. You don't trade one of the few all-pro caliber players on the roster for mid round draft picks

I originally wrote something pretty lengthy, then decided to erase it. Im not here to debate Mo Wilk.. This is my mock draft, In my draft Mo Wilkerson was traded. Your unappreciation of the mock trade is noted. What do you think of the players picked up in the mock?  

I originally wrote something pretty lengthy, then decided to erase it. Im not here to debate Mo Wilk.. This is my mock draft, In my draft Mo Wilkerson was traded. Your unappreciation of the mock trade is noted. What do you think of the players picked up in the mock?  

So....what do you think Shuler? 

why would you model a mock draft around an extremely unlikely trade? you had to expect this reaction from readers..

oh and if we go Tackle @6 then I'll be following Rex to Atlanta, where Sean Payton will be kissing his Rings before his 1st contract expires

god... these Rex guys are almost as worse as the Teblow Boys....

why would you model a mock draft around an extremely unlikely trade? you had to expect this reaction from readers..

oh and if we go Tackle @6 then I'll be following Rex to Atlanta, where Sean Payton will be kissing his Rings before his 1st contract expires

The reaction, or I should say "initial" reaction is never the problem. Seeing them not being able to move on and look at the mock and let me know what they think is what sucks. I got a guy, Shuler82, who wants to basically go on about it. When I see that all he wants to do is debate Wilk, I dismiss it and tell him that I accept his unapproval lf the "mock trade", but what are your thoughts about the mock draft...Im still waiting for that thought. 

Its less about expectations, and more about people just getting over themselves. If they dont like it cool, then go somewhere else if they're not going to least add to the overall topic of the thread. 

lol, skip that part then check out the draft. I would like to get a 1st and 3rd for him but we couldn't get that for Revis in the same draft year and Revis was a better CB than Wilkerson is a DE. 

Ok I love the Staley OL pick. He or Scherff should be there so I would go with either unless Cooper is there.  Devin Smith is lights out BUT I want a QB in round 2 to replace Smith. I think you're the guy who keeps bringing up Bo Wallace-never seen him BUT his scouting report is mediocre. I however am open to ANYONE besides the horrible QB we currently have.  The others guys I am not familiar with but its good to see a CB and S there.   

Ok I love the Staley OL pick. He or Scherff should be there so I would go with either unless Cooper is there.  Devin Smith is lights out BUT I want a QB in round 2 to replace Smith. I think you're the guy who keeps bringing up Bo Wallace-never seen him BUT his scouting report is mediocre. I however am open to ANYONE besides the horrible QB we currently have.  The others guys I am not familiar with but its good to see a CB and S there.   

I do like the QB from TCU's QB Trevone Boykin. Has a game that kind of reminds me of Russell Wilson. Kid has an arm as well, very accurate. 

I do like the QB from TCU's QB Trevone Boykin. Has a game that kind of reminds me of Russell Wilson. Kid has an arm as well, very accurate. 

Aaand he's quicker than sh*t.  Even if he doesn't land at QB, that kid has a place playing football at the next level. 

Does stanley grade out better than Scherff?

Archived