Do you give up Mo or Sheldon in a trade to move up in the draft?

CobraVerde

Do you give up Mo or Sheldon in a trade to move up in the draft?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give up Mo or Sheldon in a trade to move up in the draft?

• Yes Give up Wilkerson
    • Yes, Give up Richardson
    • No. Keep them both Stay at the six spot
    • Trade them both for picks,
    • Move down in the draft for more picks.

No.  This is pretty much a no brainer.

The Jets have one area of strength, and that's the D-line.  With around $50 million in cap space to work with, they don't need to take away from that one area of strength for the potential to add to another through the draft.  

This is just stupid. The only reason you should even think about giving up them is if you had cap problems which we certainly don't have. You don't win by trading the best players on your team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.  The fact that it would be a dumb move for the Jets probably means its likely to happen as well.  

Stand pat (can't do any worse than the Jets did at 6th overall last time) or move down.

Definitely don't want to give up either of those guys - only scenario where it gets interesting is in a new defensive scheme and I still think you make either of them work in any system, particularly Richardson.

No.  This is pretty much a no brainer.

The Jets have one area of strength, and that's the D-line.  With around $50 million in cap space to work with, they don't need to take away from that one area of strength for the potential to add to another through the draft.

Yeah but we need a WR. Harvin us really a slot guy 3rd receiver. Decker, Cooper and Harvin could make any qb look good 1-3 of them are open every play.

Yeah but we need a WR. Harvin us really a slot guy 3rd receiver. Decker, Cooper and Harvin could make any qb look good 1-3 of them are open every play.

I still wouldn't move one of those players to move up in the draft a couple of spots.  Maybe I would do it if the unquestioned QB of the future was sitting there and we had a chance to move up to get him, but not for a WR, especially when we have nobody to throw him the ball at this point.

Now, granted, that could change depending on what we do in FA, but based on what we currently have, I'd hold onto the #6 pick, Mo, and Richardson.

This isn't even a viable enough question for the sake of conversation.

When we traded Revis, we had to draft his replacement immediately because he wasn't on the roster. Still isn't. If we traded Mo Wilk, would we really be losing all that much with the next man up? Especially if they go 4-3 and kick Coples inside? Not in a package to move up, but he might bring back actual value. It's good for thought. Moving Richardson is not.

Generally speaking, good teams don't trade good, homegrown talent before their first FA contract in the hopes of drafting good players.

Good teams surround those good, homegrown players with more good, homegrown players.

Otherwise the team is in the zero-sum gain business, which the Jets usually find themselves in.

If we land Suh in free agency I'd switch to a 4 man D-line with Coples, Harrison, Suh and Richardson.

Wilkerson will be HUGE trade bait if Rex gets another HC job. He will give up anything for Mo, and I think he's simply not worth it. He's expecting a Watt-like pay day, and he's not at that level.

Buy low and sell high.

Archived