With the 6th pick in the 2015 NFL draft the NY Jets select........

joewilly12

YES!!!

Trade Big Mo for a late first. Pick up Strong. IHOP and Strong. draft, done.

I'd hate to do it.. but yes that's exactly the move I'd try to take after addressing the Oline with our first pick. It's almost a definite that we'd have to move back into the late first to even have a shot a Strong. Also it's true Washington does need Oline help too and they are slotted ahead of us. Ronnie Stanley OT from Notre Dame could be another option.

you guys are going to raise me on your internet shoulders and proclaim that I'm the best internet scout you've ever interacted with. 

You'll call him "Sheriff" which is cool.  It's kinda a play on words, but not really.  But I'm going to be two shades of clever.  I'm going to start off calling him "pancake," then, two weeks into the season, I'll name him IHOP.  You'll all join in.  IHOP is going to be incredible. 

who was the last Iowa OL drafted that high and how did that work out?

He is very viable at 6. Could be the best WR prospect when all is said and done. Size, speed, and great route running combo that warrants a top 10 pick. I would prefer him to Cooper. JEts already have a Cooper on the team. His name is Percy Marvin.

i have cooper and davante parker ahead of white

BPA available at 6 is most likely is Brandon Scherff.  But without looking up cap hit ramifications/possibilities for our current tackles, I don't know whether it makes sense.  A pick this high should start and contribute immediately as Scherff will most definitely do for whichever team selects him.  

I would also take a OT. I like Ronnie Stanley a lot, but I wouldnt complain either way. We need to get that tackle now and put him on the right side of the line this year and have him be D'Bricks ultimate replacement when we cut him after next year. 

Gallery in 04 and he was a bust, but who gives a sh*t? Trent Richardson is one of the worst RBs I've ever seen and Lacy is awesome.

Gallery was rated off the charts as well, when you picking that high...Sheriff better be awesome...

Trent is bama's biggest bust ever....lacy was a 2nd rd pick too not a top 5

Sherff would be a coup but it ain't gonna happen!

We pick 6th, no way the best stud tackle falls that far. Skins Oline is HORRIBLE!

Titans might not be taking QB either they took Mettenberg last year & they are another team looking to keep their QB safe.

Jets would be ecstatic if they could sign Iupati in FA & Scherff fell to them!

Holy SH*T!

Talk about fixing your Oline & we would have the deepest Oline in the league

DBrick-Iupati (Winters/Aboushi)-Mangold (Freeman)-(Breno/Dozier)-Scherff

Pray that the draft falls this way!

Parcells turned the Jets around by building the trenches 1st. That's always a great model to follow.

Last years draft every team went WR receiver crazy in the 1st three rounds EXCEPT the Jets.

There will be a very good WR available in the 2nd round (38th) if not they need to go best OLB.

We need speed behind our fantastic Dline.

BPA available at 6 is most likely is Brandon Scherff.  But without looking up cap hit ramifications/possibilities for our current tackles, I don't know whether it makes sense.  A pick this high should start and contribute immediately as Scherff will most definitely do for whichever team selects him.  

this is a good plan. not sexy but helps shore up our o-line. sign iupati and one of crabtree/maclin/shorts/cobb etc at wr. sign a guy like devin mcourty at fs and brandon flowers at cb

Gallery was rated off the charts as well, when you picking that high...Sheriff better be awesome...

Trent is bama's biggest bust ever....lacy was a 2nd rd pick too not a top 5

Just saying, attending the same college and playing the same position as previous players has no correlation to anyone's success. Each player is their own special snowflake.

Before everyone thinks Sheriff is best OL since sliced bread...he does play in sh1tty Big 10... wait for combine

+1 all this scherrf stuff is way premature. First off he's from Iowa which usually has guys with short arms. The last best one was bulaga, who is playing RT for the packers.  Is Breno such a big problem that they need an Iowa RT at 6? 

in fact, when it's all said and done, I bet Andrus Peat goes higher 

The Jets OL, which people bash all the time, aren't that bad. Most teams don't have a Nick Mangold.  Colon is the biggest problem and you don't need a top 10 pick to replace 

Yeah, I noodled with that but had no clue how Breno would play inside.  Colon will not be back under any circumstances.  Good idea, Crazy.

all starts and can sadly end with the OL... 

we need more info on the guy though, like afo says, wait for combine, get more info..

I don't watch college football so can't say any specific player other than the two QBs always talked about or the WR Cooper.....but if we rebuild the OLine I wouldn't be mad. It's not a sexy pick, but building an OLine like the one we had in 08-10 and similar to what Dallas has done will go a long way to becoming a consistent playoff threat.

It's all about having a physical football team that can impose their will and win in any environment.....obviously we need a QB as well, but without a line the QB can only do so much.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The early choice will be Cooper, who's probably still going to be there. But I think Scherff should be the pick if there's any concerns about Cooper, he's gonna be a STUD.

A good player he is but not a number 6 pick in the draft. Jalen Strong is a better player. Stop with this Alabama hype. I watched College Football all year and Strong is a better pro ready WR than Cooper.

Archived