The Bucs Tanked

The Troll

A secure coach seeing what he has to work with next year, while securing the #1 pick is the same thing as the Jets situation.

Not the same thing, but I've seen a ton of people say that no coach, GM, or players would ever tank. Players? No, other than Mike Wallace. But coaches and GMs? Hell yeah, they would, assuming they have the job security.

Not the same thing, but I've seen a ton of people say that no coach, GM, or players would ever tank. Players? No, other than Mike Wallace. But coaches and GMs? Hell yeah, they would, assuming they have the job security.

Well those people are morons. Obviously many teams tank I the NFL. It's a smart move. If your not making the playoffs its smart to loose as many games as you can.

Problem was Rex was getting fired and was worried about himself, not what was good for the Jets long term. Those last two wins were a big FU to woody.

Fairly easy fix.  NBA lottery has its problems but it greatly lessens the incentive to tank at the end of the season.  One team tanking one game can change the playoff brackets.  NFL really should consider a weighted lottery, even with all the black helicopter / tinfoil hat conspiracy theories that invites.

Archived