It's official. Woody: Rex and Idzik are fired.

F.Chowds

I doubt you'll hear any news on this for a while, but I'm sure it'll happen as well. The first two big moves have been made.

yeah the rest of the coaches and staff are typically kept on until the new guys are in place.  some may ask to be let go if they get interest from other teams.  

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt you'll hear any news on this for a while, but I'm sure it'll happen as well. The first two big moves have been made.

I agree it's typically not something you would hear or even announce, but in this case I think it would a smart thing to do...Bradway has been around for far too long and, in my opinion, a major part of the problem.  

I think it would send a positive message to the fan base that ownership is fed up with the losing and is going to completely clean house.  

Even if he's eventually gone I would like to see an announcement this week and not let the new GM make this call...

Thanks for the memories Rex. Enjoy Atlanta!

Idzik thanks for....well enjoy....um good luck moving forward.

I do appreciate that Idzik left the team in great cap shape. Hope some of his backs bounce back next year (Dee Milliner, Shaq Evans).

Thanks for the memories Rex. Enjoy Atlanta!

Idzik thanks for....well enjoy....um good luck moving forward.

I do appreciate that Idzik left the team in great cap shape. Hope some of his backs bounce back next year (Dee Milliner, Shaq Evans).

dont forget mcdougle.

Damn.....sucks it ended this way....I like Rex a lot and was hoping he'd be the coach to get us that elusive SB. Hope he gets another HC job and hopefully the next Jets coach wins us that SB we've all been waiting for.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Woody is morphing into  Leon HESS before our eyes.

Wants to win in his lifetime and he is 67.

REX in my view will ruin Atlanta, not that they are any great team now.

The NFL is an amazing place where sub 500 coaches with a tenure of 6 years can be thought of as blameless for a 6 4 year run of poor player development, drafting, coaching, special teams.

Damn.....sucks it ended this way....I like Rex a lot and was hoping he'd be the coach to get us that elusive SB. Hope he gets another HC job and hopefully the next Jets coach wins us that SB we've all been waiting for.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Don't worry about Rex.  He will land on his feet.

This was reported more than 5 minutes ago...rex has another job already right ?

I just heard that he's been contacted by the Patriots, Broncos, Packers, Colts and Seahawks, as soon as they heard Rex was available. It looks like that situation where Rex just needed a top QB, top offensive everything, elite defense and someone to count the guys on the field for him, was easier to find that I originally thought... I guess I was wrong about this one.

The early favorite to land him is the Patriots, because **** the Jets and word out of Foxboro is that the thing missing now that they had during their championship years is a self-aggrandizing leader who functions out of self-preservation and panders to the owner and fans. Looks like they'll get their guy now... 

I'll miss Rex.  I was a big fan, loved the playoff runs, most of the quotes, etc.

But I agree it was time to move on.  Wish him the best but let's start over with our nice high pick, cap space, etc.

As for Idzik, two years in general feels like too short of a period for a GM.  That said, he seemed to be helpless in that role.  I hope he didn't let the door hit him in the ass on his way out.  But if he did, who cares.  Let's move on!

Go Jets!

Had to be done- Rex will get another job eventually- he still will have his shortcomings but he was at least made the Jets more relevant but not winners- his downfall

Rex left the Jets worse off than they were when he was hired. We are no more relevant now that we were when we had Favre. 

Sad day.  Rex was the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long long time.  I'll always remember and appreciate the great seasons we had under Rex. Definitely the most exciting years of my time following this team.  2009 was awesome and 2010 was hands down the most exciting season I've ever watched.  It's by far the most memorable season of my life.

This is a mistake and we'll probably never have such a talented Head Coach but at least this time Woody did it right and fired everyone to start over with a clean slate.  Damn shame it had to come to this but I look forward to the future! 

Sad day.  Rex was the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long long time.  I'll always remember and appreciate the great seasons we had under Rex. Definitely the most exciting years of my time following this team.  2009 was awesome and 2010 was hands down the most exciting season I've ever watched.  It's by far the most memorable season of my life.

This is a mistake and we'll probably never have such a talented Head Coach but at least this time Woody did it right and fired everyone to start over with a clean slate.  Damn shame it had to come to this but I look forward to the future! 

Perfectly said.

I'll miss Rex.  I was a big fan, loved the playoff runs, most of the quotes, etc.

But I agree it was time to move on.  Wish him the best but let's start over with our nice high pick, cap space, etc.

As for Idzik, two years in general feels like too short of a period for a GM.  That said, he seemed to be helpless in that role.  I hope he didn't let the door hit him in the ass on his way out.  But if he did, who cares.  Let's move on!

Go Jets!

Agree its time to improve this team

Archived