Yo, FireIdzik.com guys

nj meadowlands

the funny part was how they threw glatt's name in there for no good reason

what, you don't like the tax structure on the stadium deal ?

LOL

LOL!!!!!!!!! Yeah Rex definitely deserved that spot on the towel over Neil Glat.  But I get why they left Rex off. Some % of the fan base wouldn't support this if Rex was involved. 100% of the fan base supported firing Idzik.

Glat is responsible for the Jets Rewards program. I think they owe him an apology. I like that program. :)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glat = things like the drumline, fan contests for J-E-T-S chant leaders, t-shirt tosses, reorganizing the parking lot... We can't stand what he is doing to the gameday atmosphere... He is turning it in to some sort of a minor league baseball game.

PS: i personally hate the Jets rewards program. I don't even bother checking in. Don't want Calvin Pace's jockstrap or Ik Enkampale's sweat towel. All we want is quality football to watch. All this other garbage is so forced and overdone. I guess maybe watching football isn't good enough for the corporate crowd they are marketing to, but it sucks.

Glat = things like the drumline, fan contests for J-E-T-S chant leaders, t-shirt tosses, reorganizing the parking lot... We can't stand what he is doing to the gameday atmosphere... He is turning it in to some sort of a minor league baseball game.

PS: i personally hate the Jets rewards program. I don't even bother checking in. Don't want Calvin Pace's jockstrap or Ik Enkampale's sweat towel. All we want is quality football to watch. All this other garbage is so forced and overdone. I guess maybe watching football isn't good enough for the corporate crowd they are marketing to, but it sucks.

But all of that has nothing to do with winning a Super Bowl. Which is the goal.

Why did you leave Rex Ryan off the towel?

Oh my god... Not one article or one word mentioned during the telecast?! Don't go to any games?! Lol - my man... Educate yourself before you speak because you are living underneath a rock. That can't possibly be a real post.... But i will bite anyway.

We not only got about a full minute of discussion during the Jets/Titans game telecast (they showed the billboards and discussed our impact) - but we were covered in literally every major newspaper and sports website in America for over 2 months. We were an AP story three separate times. On the front page of ESPN.com four times. A major network asked us to film a segment with them for their pregame show and we declined bc we refused to do television.

You can believe or say whatever makes you sleep well at night but the things people say on these message boards - and the way they try to spin things in order to try and support their failure of an argument - is literally insane sometimes.

So congrats for reaching that level.

For someone not interested in being a media whore, you sure do keep a very detailed account of every time this "movement" was mentioned.  I'm just glad I'm not the only person on this site that sees right through your BS.

The Drumline was inspired by Seattle. Woody was pretty impressed with Blue Thunder Drumline when the Jets played Seattle and has been a tradition since they built Century Link. The drumline is so popular that Professional drummers like the drummer from Yes, Dave Grohl play with them on a regular basis. You never know who is going to show up to play. 

Oh and they raise the 12th man flag before every game, and the fans make more noise than you can imagine. 

Seems that the only tradition in NY that anyone cares about is getting sh*tfaced before the game, needing someone to lead you in making noise and leaving at the end of the 3rd quarter to beat the traffic. 

Maybe if the drumline is more established, they will attract some big names too. It does make it a bit more fun during TV timeouts. Glatt is trying to establish some good traditions that are sustainable. God forbid there is more than getting drunk, pissing you pants, leaving early and needing a retired Fireman to get the crowd to make some noise. 

But all of that has nothing to do with winning a Super Bowl. Which is the goal.

Why did you leave Rex Ryan off the towel?

1. We assumed Rex was getting fired regardless and saw no reason to include him.

2. We had too much respect for what Rex did the first two years here and knew that as long as Idzik was removed, there would be a 0% chance Rex got a 3rd GM

3. Woody couldn't possibly make the exact same mistake twice of forcing Rex on a new GM and limit his candidates.

4. As you said - including Rex's name and kicking him while he was already on his way out would have angered quite a few of our supporters. We had a unified message so there was no reason to dilute it.

The Drumline was inspired by Seattle. Woody was pretty impressed with Blue Thunder Drumline when the Jets played Seattle and has been a tradition since they built Century Link. The drumline is so popular that Professional drummers like the drummer from Yes, Dave Grohl play with them on a regular basis. You never know who is going to show up to play.

Oh and they raise the 12th man flag before every game, and the fans make more noise than you can imagine.

Seems that the only tradition in NY that anyone cares about is getting sh*tfaced before the game, needing someone to lead you in making noise and leaving at the end of the 3rd quarter to beat the traffic.

Maybe if the drumline is more established, they will attract some big names too. It does make it a bit more fun during TV timeouts. Glatt is trying to establish some good traditions that are sustainable. God forbid there is more than getting drunk, pissing you pants, leaving early and needing a retired Fireman to get the crowd to make some noise.

I have no problem with you enjoying that kind of stuff. I don't. Many of our supporters don't. His promotions are hokey and I think he is completely tone deaf. Things like emailing cruise promotions to the fans the morning after losing 35-3 on national tv... That kind of stuff rubs us the wrong way. Maybe it was unfair to include him bc it would be way more tolerable if the product on the field was watchable. But in connection with the terrible product, it became totally unbearable. I get what you are saying about Glat. If I had to do one thing differently, I might have left him off.

I have no problem with you enjoying that kind of stuff. I don't. Many of our supporters don't. His promotions are hokey and I think he is completely tone deaf. Things like emailing cruise promotions to the fans the morning after losing 35-3 on national tv... That kind of stuff rubs us the wrong way. Maybe it was unfair to include him bc it would be way more tolerable if the product on the field was watchable. But in connection with the terrible product, it became totally unbearable. I get what you are saying about Glat. If I had to do one thing differently, I might have left him off.

I had Jets season tickets for many years before I moved to Seattle where my wife works in the Seahawks front office. I do go to games in Seattle all the time since its free. There were a few things that were like a culture shock. The Seahawks fans make noise (Louder than you can imagine) They make noise regardless of the record or the score. They stay for the whole game (except me, I leave at 5:00 cuz I don't care) 

I remember back in NY fans made noise if the game was close, and if the team had a good record and the majority of fans left early to beat the traffic. Maybe its also time the Jets fans start acting like better fans and not be outclassed by every other fan base.

PSLs ruined the game experience since a lot of people who were fans for years bailed. Understandably. Happened to the Giants too. I had season tix the year of the butt fumble (no PSL thank God). Place was a morgue more often than not.

But agreed, the 'fan experience' stuff is crap and minor league baseball is a great comparison.

I was pretty close to advising Woody to bring back Idzik simply because you crossed a line by bringing Uncle Neil into this. I was going to but ironically Uncle Neil told me to let it go. He is not only my uncle, he is my mentor. :)

I don't understand the hate for the drum line. I can understand if you aren't into it, but it is easy enough to tune out, they aren't constantly bombarding you in the stadium with them and they don't mic them too loud, not nearly as much as the marching band they have in baltimore. It really seems like complaining for the sake of complaining when people start spewing the hate for the drum line. Personally I would rather have them do a routine than watch some lame cheerleader time out dance. If their is no pole for them to swing from, I lose interest quick.

I don't understand the hate for the drum line. I can understand if you aren't into it, but it is easy enough to tune out, they aren't constantly bombarding you in the stadium with them and they don't mic them too loud, not nearly as much as the marching band they have in baltimore. It really seems like complaining for the sake of complaining when people start spewing the hate for the drum line. Personally I would rather have them do a routine than watch some lame cheerleader time out dance. If their is no pole for them to swing from, I lose interest quick.

Love these guys (and girls):

That isn't true. They do go to games. We verified that...

But really though, who cares? They wanted Idzik fired. Idzik got fired. Everyone wanted Idzik fired. It really doesn't matter to me at all how it happened. I think it was going to happen either way due to this last draft.

I don't agree that they bilked anyone out of their money though. I didn't see them making any promises they didn't deliver. I didn't donate a penny, that whole thing made no sense to me. I am just not knocking people that chose to participate.

I'm not a very convincing humorist I guess, and the old comic's saying about if you have to explain the joke then it wasn't a very good one to start out with anyway. Perhaps I should start using those little yellow emoticons

I had Jets season tickets for many years before I moved to Seattle where my wife works in the Seahawks front office. I do go to games in Seattle all the time since its free. There were a few things that were like a culture shock. The Seahawks fans make noise (Louder than you can imagine) They make noise regardless of the record or the score. They stay for the whole game (except me, I leave at 5:00 cuz I don't care) 

I remember back in NY fans made noise if the game was close, and if the team had a good record and the majority of fans left early to beat the traffic. Maybe its also time the Jets fans start acting like better fans and not be outclassed by every other fan base.

Jetman sighting LOL!!

The jealousy is hilarious. Who cares what made it happen. It was near unanimous among fans and pundits alike that idzik was not qualified to be GM and now he is gone. The ridiculous credit seeking/denying is uglier than anything fireidzik.com ever did which makes you a stinking hypocrite to hate on them after the fact. We all won guys, and for fans of a team that has had so few successes to be happy about lets not ruin this one too ferchristsake. Franchise got rid of a bum that was bound to screw up another draft and free agency period. This is a good week for jets fans but i guess we dont know good news when we see it we are so neurotic from decades of failure.

Where do people come up with these statements. I hope you are not basing this on the people from this board. This board is the 10% Johnson stated that do not represent the majority fan base. I live outside New York and the handful of Jet fans here plus non fans feel Idzik was unfairly dismissed. Not so with Ryan.

Yea - we are too mature for this - we are real fans. God forbid you add a little fun to the environment and try to make it more entertaining and family friendly. You know we gotta be able to get Sh*tfaced and scream obscenities - we're New York fans.

Do you go to all the games -  or do you sell your tickets to opposing fans - if so - then you are contributing to this environment. The gimmicks are to put Jet fans in the seats - misguided but a sad reality of today's ADD mentality.

You can barely even hear the drumline during TV timeouts - a complete waste of time. There's no need to entertain us ad naseum - just let the ADD fans play with their Iphones during "deadspace" , hell they already do that for most of the game anyway.

Yea - we are too mature for this - we are real fans. God forbid you add a little fun to the environment and try to make it more entertaining and family friendly. You know we gotta be able to get Sh*tfaced and scream obscenities - we're New York fans.

This is where I agree with billboard man, you go to a Broadway play , they don't throw out towels into the crowd during set changes and intermissions. Its a football game for christ sakes , how about keeping it a football game and not having the need to entertain us every second.

This is where I agree with billboard man, you go to a Broadway play , they don't throw out towels into the crowd during set changes and intermissions. Its a football game for christ sakes , how about keeping it a football game and not having the need to entertain us every second.

Somewhere along the way, the game day NFL experience here has morphed into the NBA clown show, where not a millisecond goes by without blaring noise and nonsense that is irrelevant to the game. And it's not just Jets games either.  It's happened all over the league.  But it is pretty damned bad at Met Life.

Do you go to all the games - or do you sell your tickets to opposing fans - if so - then you are contributing to this environment. The gimmicks are to put Jet fans in the seats - misguided but a sad reality of today's ADD mentality.

Been to every home game since I was 8 years old (27 years) except for the Raiders game in 1997 when I was moving in to my college dorm. Drove up from Philly for every home game while I was in colllege and drove up from Richmond VA for every home game from 2006-2010. I have never once sold my tickets.

Where do people come up with these statements. I hope you are not basing this on the people from this board. This board is the 10% Johnson stated that do not represent the majority fan base. I live outside New York and the handful of Jet fans here plus non fans feel Idzik was unfairly dismissed. Not so with Ryan.

we will see how many other NFL teams agree with you and your friends. He'll never be GM again. will go back to being a cap guy in a green visor where he belongs.

we will see how many other NFL teams agree with you and your friends. He'll never be GM again. will go back to being a cap guy in a green visor where he belongs.

That was not my point. Many people and fans felt he was unfairly dismissed after only 2 years despite a vote of confidence from the owner 2 months ago. Whether he gets highered as a GM in the future is irrelevant to the sentiment that he was unfairly dismissed.

That was not my point. Many people and fans felt he was unfairly dismissed after only 2 years despite a vote of confidence from the owner 2 months ago. Whether he gets highered as a GM in the future is irrelevant to the sentiment that he was unfairly dismissed.

k.

I'm not a very convincing humorist I guess, and the old comic's saying about if you have to explain the joke then it wasn't a very good one to start out with anyway. Perhaps I should start using those little yellow emoticons

Yeah smilies help lol

Archived