Woody Johnson Press Conference today @ 11

neckdemon

I didn't hear the PC, so I'm at a disadvantage. But if he said he'd like to have Revis back here that's technically tampering.

It doesn't get made a big deal of with Manning or Brady or others like that because they don't hop from team to team and are typically already signed long-term. In contrast, everyone knows NE has to re-enter negotiations with Revis after the superbowl.

Woody's exact quote was “If I thought I could have gotten Darrelle for what New England paid, I probably would have taken him,” Johnson said. “I’d love for him to come back.”

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woody's exact quote was “If I thought I could have gotten Darrelle for what New England paid, I probably would have taken him,” Johnson said. “I’d love for him to come back.”

It'll probably blow over, or I hope so, but the last thing he said is technically tampering. If NE has trouble re-signing Revis and we bring him back I would expect NE to file charges. I would if I was Kraft.

No, it was the first thing I thought of.  Fluff year or not, technically Revis is under contract with the Patriots through the end of next season, and they retain his exclusive rights until March 1, 2016. 

i thought he refrerred to he wanted him back last year

He didn't flat out say they should have spent more money. In context of the question he said perhaps in hindsight they might have spent more money. Said they targeted certain players and they didn't pan out in the FA process. 

Just saw the press conference he deserves all the grief for making that comment about spend more money. But Idzik was not popular with the media so they will let Woody take a dump on Idzik's name which he just did.

But I am not sure how any top GM candidates would want to come here after seeing how the owner took a dump on his previous GM who accepted the condition of keeping the HC and not hire his own, cleaned the cap space and added some talent to a team with too many holes both via draft and free agency.

he said the environment will decide. which I take to mean if there is a head coach that casserly and wolf tell hm to get that he will get him before they have a gm in place if they have to

I always try to look at things in a positive light as well, however he has burned us in the past and I still don't trust that he gets it...I hope he does but we won't know until we see how it turns out..

Watched the presser again today what I hope I see is an NFL owner Woody pissed off for not taking more control  in the day to day football operations and trusting others with his team. 

Lets all hope Woody is alot stronger and wiser after being bamboozled by Rex and Idzik. 

We can only improve and can't get any worse. 

Moving in 2015 with a positive feeling for the NY Jets. 

I think what I liked most about the presser was that Woody voiced how important this time period is. He described it as "critical" Not only is talking about it but he hired 2 football men to help him make the right decision showing that he truly does believe this time period is extremely important.

Yes - extremely important for his pocket book.

Archived