In memory of the Jets' most accomplished coach in our generation

DRJETS

I'm glad that Idzik's plan backfired on his face and now he will have to start from zero.  I will miss Rex's pride to be a Jets, dedication, passion and energy.  Even the 4-12 record this season could have been 12-4.  We were in every game this season with the exception of kc, sd and Buff.  The first two losses set the tone for the rest of the season.  The few blown calls and the callback td in Lambeau field along with the blown fumble call against the Bears killed the confidence of this team that lacked a few key positional players.  Thanks for the memories Rex and good luck in the future.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then I guess the Tuna would be included in that?? 

The Tuna is a tale of two things:

1. He changed the Franchise, ended the dark years of the 90's, and set our expectations much higher moving forward.

2. He failed, badly, at almost everything.  He didn't win a title, left us with a boatload of bad, expensive, contracts for his favorites, he completely botched the Bellichek transition, he drafted very poorly overall, and he quit very quickly and left us in the hands of Al Groh, who also quit asap.

I know you hate it, but Herm Edwards deserves as much credit as Bill Parcells.  Parcells changed the course, agreed, but he was a mediocre coach here (outside the one great year), and a horrific GM.  Edwards was the key to keeping what Parcells started going, continue winning (at least every other year) and not fall back to the dregs of the league.   

I don't hold the Merc Tuna in the same Godly stratosphere you do.  He's a Giants all-time great, he's a jets footnote at the end of the day.  he ended a bad streak, yes, and gave us one amazing (but eventually disappointing) year, but that's about it.

Let's pay tribute to the HC who thought his team was eliminated from the post season in 2009 until the media corrected him.

Let's pay tribute to the HC who would challenge the spot (and lose) on 3rd and a foot when field position guaranteed he was going for it on 4th down anyway.

Let's pay tribute to the HC who thought Plaxico, Holmes and Mason were good things to surround your 22 year old QB with.

Lets pay tribute to the HC who played his starting QB in the snoopy bowl behind a 3rd and 4th string OL.

Love ya Rex.......maybe you and the "Terminator" can start your own sports talk show.

I'm glad that Idzik's plan backfired on his face and now he will have to start from zero.  I will miss Rex's pride to be a Jets, dedication, passion and energy.  Even the 4-12 record this season could have been 12-4.  We were in every game this season with the exception of kc, sd and Buff.  The first two losses set the tone for the rest of the season.  The few blown calls and the callback td in Lambeau field along with the blown fumble call against the Bears killed the confidence of this team that lacked a few key positional players.  Thanks for the memories Rex and good luck in the future.

The Dallas trip was almost a success for Kennedy...

WRECKS joins a list of JETS coaches to leave below 500 and miss the playoffs double the times he got us there. ONE season with double digit wins... 

PLEASE.... he is absolutely responsible for his record.  He basically sub contracted the offense.

The Tuna is a tale of two things:

1. He changed the Franchise, ended the dark years of the 90's, and set our expectations much higher moving forward.

2. He failed, badly, at almost everything.  He didn't win a title, left us with a boatload of bad, expensive, contracts for his favorites, he completely botched the Bellichek transition, he drafted very poorly overall, and he quit very quickly and left us in the hands of Al Groh, who also quit asap.

I know you hate it, but Herm Edwards deserves as much credit as Bill Parcells.  Parcells changed the course, agreed, but he was a mediocre coach here (outside the one great year), and a horrific GM.  Edwards was the key to keeping what Parcells started going, continue winning (at least every other year) and not fall back to the dregs of the league.   

I don't hold the Merc Tuna in the same Godly stratosphere you do.  He's a Giants all-time great, he's a jets footnote at the end of the day.  he ended a bad streak, yes, and gave us one amazing (but eventually disappointing) year, but that's about it.

I don't hold the Tuna in any Godly Stratosphere I'm still pissed at him for passing on Manning and giving up a 1st and 3rd pick for the compiler.. And I agree Parcells was a terrible GM.Herm Edwards was left Vinny and Chad along with 3 other 1st rd picks in the 2nd year. Rex was the only HC left without a viable QB.. And your right the Tuna did screw up the BB transition had he left both the GM/HC job to BB I think he would have stayed..

Yup, I've been a Jets fan for a long time and never did I have the pleasure of this team going to the AFCCG two times in a row.  Those were great memories.  Thanks Rex and best of luck with your future endeavors. 

You must really like losing. Let's see, the Jets won 46 games in Rex's tenure and lost 50. Only two seasons above .500 and one just barely. An offense that four all six years was missing explosiveness and eventually became anemic. Rex Ryan is gone and for me it is a time of extreme happiness. I only hope Woody gets a solid GM in place quickly and the man he hires will erase all memory of Rex's time.

Hopefully many Jets fans get to fulfill their wish and have a beer with ol' Rexy and have the "remember when ...." conversation.

I don't have ANY fond memories I would wish to share with that buffoon. He didn't have his vaunted defense prepared for Pittsburgh in 2010 and THAT is unforgiveable. Just like Rex the defense was soooooooo pleased with besting NE and Brady that they forgot to show up in Steel town and have steadily gone downhill since. No, I would dump a beer over his head and ask why he didn't leave town by his own accord in 2012.

ref's fault!!!!! unbelieveable. i hope we get a coach that knows how to manage TOs for once. yes my standards are now in the basement when it comes to this team

I don't have ANY fond memories I would wish to share with that buffoon. He didn't have his vaunted defense prepared for Pittsburgh in 2010 and THAT is unforgiveable. Just like Rex the defense was soooooooo pleased with besting NE and Brady that they forgot to show up in Steel town and have steadily gone downhill since. No, I would dump a beer over his head and ask why he didn't leave town by his own accord in 2012.

Sort of like when the Tuna had a 10 point lead in the Denver game and his D gave up 23 points to Denver in the 2nd half and his Star RB that he gave a 1st and 3rd pick for had 14 yds rushing?? Unforgivable I concur..

Well said.   I enjoyed his time here and will miss.  Probably my favorite era as a Jets fan.  He brought something to this team we've never seen before.  2009 and 2010 were a blast.  2010 being the most enjoyable season of my life time as a Jets fan.

I wish Rex well and wish things could have been different here but you cant go 4 straight seasons with no playoffs.  Woody did right and cleaned house.

Hope the next crew can do this franchise right! 

Archived