In memory of the Jets' most accomplished coach in our generation

DRJETS

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was calling PAC a clown. Was saying 4 losing seasons (in this era) is as very much a reason Rex got canned .

Rex should have been gone with Tanny the GM that hired him.. With a different GM and HC we may have been in the playoffs this season had we a different QB and CB's..

Rex should have been gone with Tanny the GM that hired him.. With a different GM and HC we may have been in the playoffs this season had we a different QB and CB's..

Unrelated response to what you were talking about with Shula, but yeah, I agree.

He was an overrated clown coach. He only made the AFC Championships and lost with all of Eric Manginis already established roster. 0 division titles. talked way to much and made proclamations that he couldn't go through with. Thank goodness he's gone. The Jets circus truly ended today with Rex being handed his walking papers. On to the next coach

He was an overrated clown coach. He only made the AFC Championships and lost with all of Eric Manginis already established roster. 0 division titles. talked way to much and made proclamations that he couldn't go through with. Thank goodness he's gone. The Jets circus truly ended today with Rex being handed his walking papers. On to the next coach

Funny, Mangini with his "great roster" and the great Favre at QB coulnt even make the playoff and Rex with a rookie QB who threw for 12 td and 20 int made it to the afccg twice.  How many coaches can say that over the last 20 years? Oh well, I do remember The good old days when Brady on every single drive was an automatic TD/FG and every QB in the league was makes respectable against our mid 20 defense with mangenious's players.

Funny, Mangini with his "great roster" and the great Favre at QB coulnt even make the playoff and Rex with a rookie QB who threw for 12 td and 20 int made it to the afccg twice.  How many coaches can say that over the last 20 years? Oh well, I do remember The good old days when Brady on every single drive was an automatic TD/FG and every QB in the league was makes respectable against our mid 20 defense with mangenious's players.

Greatest drafter ever.  Amazing Mangenius can't even hold on to a Tight End Coach gig what are these owners's thinking they have a gem out there waiting for them!

Funny, Mangini with his "great roster" and the great Favre at QB coulnt even make the playoff and Rex with a rookie QB who threw for 12 td and 20 int made it to the afccg twice. How many coaches can say that over the last 20 years? Oh well, I do remember The good old days when Brady on every single drive was an automatic TD/FG and every QB in the league was makes respectable against our mid 20 defense with mangenious's players.

I get what your saying, not going to convince people otherwise. People were calling Idzick a great GM his first year, and worst ever the next. People loved Mancini until they hated him. In Tammy we trust until he was the reason we suck.

People love the next guy until he's the current one.

I don't hold the Tuna in any Godly Stratosphere I'm still pissed at him for passing on Manning and giving up a 1st and 3rd pick for the compiler.. And I agree Parcells was a terrible GM.Herm Edwards was left Vinny and Chad along with 3 other 1st rd picks in the 2nd year. Rex was the only HC left without a viable QB.. And your right the Tuna did screw up the BB transition had he left both the GM/HC job to BB I think he would have stayed..

Which Manning did Parcells pass on? Cooper? Because it wasn't Peyton.

He was a solid coach and capable of winning a championship (although he does have a lot of flaws too)

He will almost certainly get another HC job, if he wants one (probably '16)

Under the right circumstances he could be successful somewhere else - but it was time for the Jets to move on.  He just couldn't stay through another GM regime...

This organization needs to be completely gutted.

Greatest drafter ever. Amazing Mangenius can't even hold on to a Tight End Coach gig what are these owners's thinking they have a gem out there waiting for them!

@AdamSchefter: Raiders requested to interview 49ers TE coach Eric Mangini for HC, as @MikeGarafolo reported. Mangini's smart, seasoned, and would be strong

I don't hold the Tuna in any Godly Stratosphere I'm still pissed at him for passing on Manning and giving up a 1st and 3rd pick for the compiler.. And I agree Parcells was a terrible GM.Herm Edwards was left Vinny and Chad along with 3 other 1st rd picks in the 2nd year. Rex was the only HC left without a viable QB.. And your right the Tuna did screw up the BB transition had he left both the GM/HC job to BB I think he would have stayed..

Without a doubt, Parcells for years said he had no interest in becoming a GM, and that he was a football coach only. His hatred for the pats at the time overruled the best interest of the jets.

Rex has 2 seasons with a rookie QB under center. Those are almost throw away seasons on most teams.

Rex made plenty of mistakes as a first time HC but when the stud players like Thomas Jones and Faneca left, the players drafted to replace guys like that did not work out across the roster.

Exactly.

80% of Jets fans were thrilled with a loudmouth, dumbass HC who all that did was lose.

Agreed

You've been at Jet boards long enough, TX to know that 80% of Jet fans aren't too bright and would rather blubber about their long suffering misery like that ass Benigno than win football games

Archived