Jets request interview with Seattle DC Dan Quinn

Morrissey

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we can force him on the next GM. Worked like a charm last time.

All they did was put in a request for a possible future interview. If the next GM wants to hire him, one would hope that would have Quinn keep that door open for another week to field all offers.

I don't think he'll be the type we bring in first, who gets to basically pick his own GM.

Then again, this is the Jets.

Worth a look. He has been running the best defense in the league for a few years. He also done it with mostly mid-round talents. Imagine what he could do with one of the best d-lines in football. He needs to have a solid offensive coordinator in mind and have a good offensive philosophy also

All they did was put in a request for a possible future interview. If the next GM wants to hire him, one would hope that would have Quinn keep that door open for another week to field all offers.

I don't think he'll be the type we bring in first, who gets to basically pick his own GM.

Then again, this is the Jets.

Woody said pretty clearly in the presser that he'd be hiring the head coach, while taking the advice of the new GM.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

Seattle d coordinator---yawn. My mother could coordinate the Seahawks D.

Jeez... They're a bunch of savages...from d line to safeties they're a bunch of 250 LB blood thirsty savages..no one is beating them on their way to a repeat. Fast, mean, blood thirsty. It's the GM and player evaluation over there that we want.

@MMehtaNYDN: Woody Johnson, Charley Casserly & Ron Wolf will be flying 2 Seattle to interview Seahawks DC Dan Quinn for Jets HC job on Saturday, I'm told

@MMehtaNYDN: Per league rules, Jets next opportunity to interview Dan Quinn (after Saturday) will be after the Seahawks are eliminated from playoffs #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets brass will have as much as four hours to meet with Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn on Saturday, per league rules.

@MMehtaNYDN: Woody Johnson, Charley Casserly & Ron Wolf will be flying 2 Seattle to interview Seahawks DC Dan Quinn for Jets HC job on Saturday, I'm told

MMehtaNYDN: Per league rules, Jets next opportunity to interview Dan Quinn (after Saturday) will be after the Seahawks are eliminated from playoffs #nyj

Interesting that they are flying out there to meet him. Does that mean that they are really interested in the guy? Or do they plan on doing things like this for every candidate?

Looks like Woody is extremely serious about this off-season. Very good news that he's bringing his new posse all over the U.S .with him.

Interesting that they are flying out there to meet him. Does that mean that they are really interested in the guy? Or do they plan on doing things like this for every candidate?

Looks like Woody is extremely serious about this off-season. Very good news that he's bringing his new posse all over the U.S .with him.

They are serious. Wolf / Casserly / Woody wouldn't waste a flight to / from Seattle if they weren't.

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets brass will have as much as four hours to meet with Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn on Saturday, per league rules.

HBO should cancel Hard knocks and premiere the new hit show "The life and times of Wolf&Casserly"

What Woody said is that he and Casserly and Wolf have made a list of coaches they jointly feel.make sense and have reached out to all of them

Anything wrong with that or should the Jets sit on their asses and let the best choices go unseen?

It's not like guys such as Bevel and Quinn can get seen anytime after Saturday. Unemployed failed blowhards like WRECKS can be seen by anybody, anytime. Quality candidates still on playoff teams have time limitations

Who is interviewing him?

WTF is wrong with this team?

lmfao

And we fire Rex to hire another Rex!

yay!!!!

<3 the Jets

I really wouldnt freak people. 

Seattle is on a bye. This is the week to interview teams on a bye as Quinn, Gase etc wouldn't be available for another month. He could make alot of sense if we want the assistant GM in Seattle however. 

Don't know much about him, but in the few Seahawks games I've watched, they use the same defense on almost every snap and make the opposition beat a field of physical freaks. How can you grade the coaching?

I would feel better with the DC coming from the opposite situation in Todd Bowles from Arizona. Creative blitzes and good schemes with low talent players and injuries.

Woody said pretty clearly in the presser that he'd be hiring the head coach, while taking the advice of the new GM.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

WHAAAT?!?!?!?  I didn't hear the press conference but did he really say that?  What's the point of hiring a GM if we're going to force a HC on him?  What the heck kind of advice are Wolf/Casserly giving to Woody?  Or maybe he's just ignoring it? 

WHAAAT?!?!?!?  I didn't hear the press conference but did he really say that?  What's the point of hiring a GM if we're going to force a HC on him?  What the heck kind of advice are Wolf/Casserly giving to Woody?  Or maybe he's just ignoring it? 

Woody's also picking next year's starting qb.  Guess who it is?

MTE4MDAzNDEwODM1OTY1NDU0.jpg

Archived