My favorite 3-5 round WR prospect: Jamison Crowder, Duke

SenorGato

5'9" 175

Projected 40: 4.53

283 receptions in college for 3,461 yards and 23 TDs

Tied for the most career receptions in the ACC

103 receptions in 2013, 8 recieving TDs, 11 total TDs

48 punt returns for 681 yards and 4 TDs between 2013 and 2014

7 cathes for 103 yards against AZ St, also threw for a TD and ran a PR back for another TD

Highlights because why not:

Last weekend's punt return:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/dukes-jamison-crowder-68-yard-205044267.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5'9" 175

Projected 40: 4.53

283 receptions in college for 3,461 yards and 23 TDs

Tied for the most career receptions in the ACC

103 receptions in 2013, 8 recieving TDs, 11 total TDs

48 punt returns for 681 yards and 4 TDs between 2013 and 2014

7 cathes for 103 yards against AZ St, also threw for a TD and ran a PR back for another TD

Highlights because why not:

Last weekend's punt return:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/dukes-jamison-crowder-68-yard-205044267.html

You may be hitting on this Crowder fella. He's tearing it up at the Senior Bowl. He's been considered by many of the defenders as the hardest guy to cover at practice. 

You may be hitting on this Crowder fella. He's tearing it up at the Senior Bowl. He's been considered by many of the defenders as the hardest guy to cover at practice.

He does seem to be separating himself from other mid round WRs. Blind squirrel finding nut.

yeah, but he is not a 3rd - 5th rd guy. Mid 2nd all day.

he could fall to us in the 3rd it happen last year with Moncrief wich we did not take but I guess if does well in the combine you never know,but I think too soon with our 2nd

He does seem to be separating himself from other mid round WRs. Blind squirrel finding nut.

He seems to be separating himself from all of them. Wouldnt call him a first rounder but I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt make it to the 3rd with all the praise he's getting. 

In the limited film that I've seen what I liked the most is that all of his route running looks the exact same at the start. It always looks like he's  running straight down the field, until he isn't. 

Good find. 

He seems to be separating himself from all of them. Wouldnt call him a first rounder but I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt make it to the 3rd with all the praise he's getting. 

In the limited film that I've seen what I liked the most is that all of his route running looks the exact same at the start. It always looks like he's  running straight down the field, until he isn't. 

Good find.

There is no way Crowder goes in the second round. He is barely 5'8" and isn't a real burner. Nice receiver but hardly worth a second round pick.

he could fall to us in the 3rd it happen last year with Moncrief wich we did not take but I guess if does well in the combine you never know,but I think too soon with our 2nd

Yeah he could but just that it is not very likely. The kid That I liked- Lockett will probably be there in the 3rd  now after his performance this week. At 5-9 and 175 most guys had him mid 3rd day. I like the kid hardy too out of East Carolina, 5-10 but solid like Endleman, with 32" arms and 10" hands.  I look forward to his combine #s in the 3 cone.

Yeah he could but just that it is not very likely. The kid That I liked- Lockett will probably be there in the 3rd  now after his performance this week. At 5-9 and 175 most guys had him mid 3rd day. I like the kid hardy too out of East Carolina, 5-10 but solid like Endleman, with 32" arms and 10" hands.  I look forward to his combine #s in the 3 cone.

true some will rise some will fall but is always fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah he could but just that it is not very likely. The kid That I liked- Lockett will probably be there in the 3rd now after his performance this week. At 5-9 and 175 most guys had him mid 3rd day. I like the kid hardy too out of East Carolina, 5-10 but solid like Endleman, with 32" arms and 10" hands. I look forward to his combine #s in the 3 cone.

Hardy is 6'0 or 6'1 man.

Here is my breakdown on receivers in this draft after watching over 250 College Games and every Bowl game but 2.

First round grades

1. JALEN STRONG -              top 10

2. DAVONTE PARKER         top 10

3. DEVIN SMITH                   top 15

4. DORIAL GREEN -BECKHAM   -  top 15  -  Would be top 5 and the best receiver in  this draft  if he played last year and off the field trouble

5. JUSTIN HARDY                 20-25    He is better than everyone is claiming

6. TLER LOCKETT                 25-30

7. AMARE COOPER              25-30  He is good but not great like everyone is claiming.

Second round grades

8. KEVIN WHITE        33-35      He just disappears in some games but when he is on he is on

9. SAMMIE COATES    35-37   Same as White, both are big at 6:3 which I love but needs to step up in every game

10. BRESHARD PERRYMAN  40-45    Could surprise everyone. Good route runner and hands and nice size.

11.  TONY LIPPET         45-48   Another surprise who has fantastic size and showed his athletic ability playing CB when needed

12.  TY MONTGOMERY  50-55  He would of been a first rounder but his year wasn't up to par and then he got hurt. Talent is there.

13. JAMISON CROWDER   55-60  If he was a few inches taller he would be a first rounder.

14. VINCE MAYLE              60-62   Last pick 2nd rounder. He had over 100 receptions. Needs to separate in the NFL. 6:3 height   

Third round

15. Rashad Green

16. Nelson Agoholar

17. Titus Davis -    He could be the sleeper WR  

18. Austin Hill -  Wasn't for injury he be a top WR

19. Phillip Dorsett-  What he has is speed and more speed

20. Josh Harper - had bad all star game but could move up with good combine  

Note: I don't have Funchess on this list since I seen him in many games and I think he needs to bulk up and be a Tight End. He does not have enough

speed for WR and I see him like a Julius  Thomas

Two other receivers of note who could be a surprise that I like who could go late and I would swoop them up are Cam Worthy out of East Carolina and

Deontay Greenberry out of Houston. Both are big and have really good hands. I be watching the later rounds and want either one of these guys.  

Archived