Jon Kinta

madmike1

We all know that the Jets aren't going ANYWHERE next year.

So......

Why not make Penny the #3, rest him ALL SEASON LONG.

Sign a veteran like a Kitna, etc to run the offense next year. Let Penny rehab the shoulder.

Also consider this:

New HC could mean new OC AND new OFFENSIVE Philosphy. That would give CP a year to rehab, stregthen, and learn the offense for 2007, when the Jets would more realisticly be ready to compete.

That would give CP a year to rehab, stregthen, and learn the offense for 2007, when the Jets would more realisticly be ready to compete.

What the hell are you talking about?

Don't you know the Jets are only "one or two" players away from going 12-4 and making a Super Bowl run.

We all know that the Jets aren't going ANYWHERE next year.

So......

Why not make Penny the #3, rest him ALL SEASON LONG.

Sign a veteran like a Kitna, etc to run the offense next year. Let Penny rehab the shoulder.

Also consider this:

New HC could mean new OC AND new OFFENSIVE Philosphy. That would give CP a year to rehab, stregthen, and learn the offense for 2007, when the Jets would more realisticly be ready to compete.

there is no reason to just give up on next year with the defence the jets have. they don't need to have one of the best offenses in the NFL to compete. if they even can build a middle of the pack offense they can make a playoff run.

there is no reason to just give up on next year with the defence the jets have. they don't need to have one of the best offenses in the NFL to compete. if they even can build a middle of the pack offense they can make a playoff run.

Mike I would agree, but I wasn't exactly impressed with the Jets Defense this year. We face massive holes on the DL. Abe is a goner. Ellis is going nowhere but was an utter failure this year. BT was good against the run as a bright spot. Reed/Legree/Pioha looked terrible on the DL and our 3 draft pick legend D-Fat was average at best. Together, in any combination, they are incapable of generating any pash rush alone.

While their secondary played well, the front 7 was soft on defending the run and the front 4 were horrendus in rushing the passer

Mike I would agree, but I wasn't exactly impressed with the Jets Defense this year. We face massive holes on the DL. Abe is a goner. Ellis is going nowhere but was an utter failure this year. BT was good against the run as a bright spot. Reed/Legree/Pioha looked terrible on the DL and our 3 draft pick legend D-Fat was average at best. Together, in any combination, they are incapable of generating any pash rush alone.

While their secondary played well, the front 7 was soft on defending the run and the front 4 were horrendus in rushing the passer

the d line didn't get to the QB cause they were always down in games cause the offense dug them holes. it's impossible to rush the passer when you are down and teams can run over and over again.

why are you so sure abraham is gone? the jets control him. they will either give him his much deserved contract or they will trade him and get alot back for him or he could just be back for the franchise tender.

the d line didn't get to the QB cause they were always down in games cause the offense dug them holes. it's impossible to rush the passer when you are down and teams can run over and over again.

why are you so sure abraham is gone? the jets control him. they will either give him his much deserved contract or they will trade him and get alot back for him or he could just be back for the franchise tender.

I would agree if I couldn't go back to numerous games and find opening drives by the opposition that went for 8,9, 10 minutes covering 80 yards. The offense might have sucked, they might have kept the D on the field way too much, but the Jets DL stank up the place just as bad early in the game as late in the game when they were worn out. They were extremely soft against the rush all season long and their only pressure came when DH assisted them with blitzes.

I would agree if I couldn't go back to numerous games and find opening drives by the opposition that went for 8,9, 10 minutes covering 80 yards. The offense might have sucked, they might have kept the D on the field way too much, but the Jets DL stank up the place just as bad early in the game as late in the game when they were worn out. They were extremely soft against the rush all season long and their only pressure came when DH assisted them with blitzes.

i disagree. sure teams moved the ball against them but teams moved the ball against every D in the league. they got TO's they made big plays and the games there jets were in this year they were in because this D kept them in it. it has to be tiring when your offense keeps turning the ball over, KILLING you in field posision and not scoring off the TO's you get them. in the few games where the jets were up this year the D played great.

The Kitna magic wore off pretty quickly. Let's not annoint the next QB based on one impressive half, lets do it on a body of work. With the exception of one good season, Kitna's career resembles the second half of today's game. I'm no Bolly fan, but I'd take him over Kitna.

Archived