Feel like Todd Bowles is the front runner

RESNewYork

Bowles is a New Jersey Native, Elizabeth High School.

Bowles was a member of the Green Bay Packers' player personnel staff from 1995–1996 under GM Ron Wolf. 

Apparently Charlie Casserley loves Todd Bowles as a coach.  Charlie is quoted from 2012 saying "Todd can adapt to a lot of things. He's an experienced defensive coach who relates well with players, a smart guy who has worked in a lot of systems. This guy's a good coach."

There are concerns about going with a defensive coordinator but found this quote which does not mean much but if hired, I find comfort with it.

"He's a genius when it comes to personnel and figuring out what opponents are going to do and trying to stop them, I believe Bowles' mind works more like that of an offensive coach, melding his game plans around exploiting a player's skillset."

The Cardinals lost many key players on defense this season but Bowles has a top 5 defense.  Bowles is actually known to be more aggressive than Ryan when it comes to play calling.

You also have to like that Bowles has worked under Arians for a year and saw the aggressive play calling that Arians uses. 

My impression is Bowles is brought in, we will have a very aggressive team on both sides of the ball and Bowles will understand player evaluation as well.  Actually Bowles is known to have an eye for talent which I assume comes from his stint with Ron Wolf's staff.

This is my first choice for next Head Coach.  Bowles has a lot of qualities that would get me excited.  What do you think?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a brief aside, why does every potential Jets Coach, Front Office guy, or player have to have ties to the NY/NJ area?

Seems like that is a selling point people always make when talking about guys who may come here "he has ties to NY/NJ".

I could care less if they hate the scum-filled cesspool that is the NY/NJ area, I want a guy who can win a Title, not a guy whose Aunt lived in Babylon for a few years.

The fact some guy went to elementary school in Valley Stream or once visited Queens means nothing.

What he did this year with that D is pretty incredible.  He's the reason for their success.  The offensive genius that is Bruce Arians should be giving Bowles oral every day for saving his ass out there because that offense might be worse than the Jets. 

Bowles was a member of the Green Bay Packers' player personnel staff from 1995–1996 under GM Ron Wolf. 

Apparently Charlie Casserley loves Todd Bowles as a coach.  Charlie is quoted from 2012 saying "Todd can adapt to a lot of things. He's an experienced defensive coach who relates well with players, a smart guy who has worked in a lot of systems. This guy's a good coach."

There are concerns about going with a defensive coordinator but found this quote which does not mean much but if hired, I find comfort with it.

"He's a genius when it comes to personnel and figuring out what opponents are going to do and trying to stop them, I believe Bowles' mind works more like that of an offensive coach, melding his game plans around exploiting a player's skillset."

The Cardinals lost many key players on defense this season but Bowles has a top 5 defense.  Bowles is actually known to be more aggressive than Ryan when it comes to play calling.

You also have to like that Bowles has worked under Arians for a year and saw the aggressive play calling that Arians uses. 

My impression is Bowles is brought in, we will have a very aggressive team on both sides of the ball and Bowles will understand player evaluation as well.  Actually Bowles is known to have an eye for talent which I assume comes from his stint with Ron Wolf's staff.

This is my first choice for next Head Coach.  Bowles has a lot of qualities that would get me excited.  What do you think?

excellent post

As a brief aside, why does every potential Jets Coach, Front Office guy, or player have to have ties to the NY/NJ area?

Seems like that is a selling point people always make when talking about guys who may come here "he has ties to NY/NJ".

I could care less if they hate the scum-filled cesspool that is the NY/NJ area, I want a guy who can win a Title, not a guy whose Aunt lived in Babylon for a few years.

The fact some guy went to elementary school in Valley Stream or once visited Queens means nothing.

It's true, who cares where the next coach grew up.  I only threw that in there because it may help with recruiting Bowles.  I think Bowles is a hot commodity right now and it may make a difference in his decision making

RES New York... as in Rich Eisen Show New York?

Says the guy that lives close to Washington DC the Scum-filled cesspool champion.. :winking0001:

The Arizona Republic reports "every team with a head-coaching opening" has requested permission to interview Cardinals DC Todd Bowles.

To summarize, that's the Jets, Bears, Raiders, 49ers and Falcons. Bowles has only been in Arizona two seasons, but overseen two vastly overachieving units. There's a good chance he's tabbed to take the next step.

All this talk about not hiring a "defensive coach" is just nonsense.  We need the best candidate

who will have a clear vision/plan for the ENTIRE team.  I don't care what side of the ball he

comes from.  This is where Rex really dropped the ball.  With his years of experience in

trying to destroy offenses he should have been able to "reverse engineer" that knowledge

into a plan to help his offense.  For instance:

- The things that he had trouble game planning against should have been in our offense

- He should have crafted a playbook for his QB's with tips on how to beat blitzes

most of the coaches in the NFL are good ole boys and want nothing to do with New York City

He and Quinn might be the only other coaching candidates that would continue to confuse Brady like Rex did. Add to that the discipline their teams play with and we have a top 5 "D" next year.

The benefit of Quinn is that he has been running a 4-3 Def with players similar to the Jets.

Bowles runs a 3-4 in Arizona.

Maybe not a big deal... Just Sayin'

All this talk about not hiring a "defensive coach" is just nonsense.  We need the best candidate

who will have a clear vision/plan for the ENTIRE team.  I don't care what side of the ball he

comes from.  This is where Rex really dropped the ball.  With his years of experience in

trying to destroy offenses he should have been able to "reverse engineer" that knowledge

into a plan to help his offense.  For instance:

- The things that he had trouble game planning against should have been in our offense

- He should have crafted a playbook for his QB's with tips on how to beat blitzes

KRL for HC...Then you could do even more amazing camp reports.. :character0069:

He and Quinn might be the only other coaching candidates that would continue to confuse Brady like Rex did. Add to that the discipline their teams play with and we have a top 5 "D" next year.

The benefit of Quinn is that he has been running a 4-3 Def with players similar to the Jets.

Bowles runs a 3-4 in Arizona.

Maybe not a big deal... Just Sayin'

We have the personal to run either front as Rex did at times..

We have the personal to run either front as Rex did at times..

No doubt.... but do you give the edge to Quinn if we're looking to put Coples, Mo, Sheldon and Snacks on the line.

I think we'd all like to see the Jets go 4-3 and get after the QB.

Would Bowles keep us in a 3-4?

What he did this year with that D is pretty incredible. He's the reason for their success. The offensive genius that is Bruce Arians should be giving Bowles oral every day for saving his ass out there because that offense might be worse than the Jets.

He had no QB, but I suppose that excuse is only valid for Rex Ryan.

I think that I'd love to hear some positive articles like this regarding our GM search. 

Warfish hates NY. 9/11 was an inside job. Ron Paul for President. The N word.

1. I love New York.  Wish I'd never left.  I'm not as much a fan of New Yorkers.

2. Lol, no.

3. Lol, lol, no.

4. Really?  You seem to have a real craw in your bonnet about racism, something you want to say mate?

Says the guy that lives close to Washington DC the Scum-filled cesspool champion.. :winking0001:

You'll note, I never defend the scum-filled cesspool that is DC (or it's "far worse than the Jets could ever hope to be" football Franchise).

I dont thonk im on board for this reason, hes the flavor of the day for this year thats it. I want a little more track record.  Frank reich is a guy that I think would be a good fit, he played here and knows about New York.  He is an offensive minded coach and should be able to see that Geno sucks.  To me that is priority 1 - coach must see that Geno Sucks.

Archived