The NY Jets Are Interviewing…

JetNation

atlhealth.jpg

It is still early in the process, but here are some names that have been mentioned for the Jets openings at head coach and general manager. Each link has additional information and fan reaction.

General Manager

• Ravens assistant GM
  • Seattle pro personnel director
  • Rod Graves to Manage Football Operations During GM Search
  • Browns executive Chief of Staff Bill Kuharich
  • Eagles director of pro personnel Rick Mueller
  • Texans director of college scouting Mike Maccagnan

Head Coach

• Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator 
  • Seattle defensive coordinator
  • Current running back coach Anthony Lynn
  • Ex-Raiders head coach
  • (there is no confirmation that the Jets have reached out to him)

The GM list is strong, would like them to add Pioli and McCloughan to their list.

But that HC list is brutal. Love Bowles, but the not happy with the rest of them.

Quinn- Carroll is a very underrated defensive coach, on par with Rex. How much of Seattle's D success was really because of Quinn.

Lynn- has to be just a courtesy interview.

Cable- worst possible scenario

Holmgren- always thought he was a little overrated in his prime, now he's in his late 60's and out of the game for awhile. Pass

Options are weak, think they need to go all in on Bowles, with Kubiak the fall back option.

DeCosta is the BEST of the bunch. I want an offensive HC this time!!!!

I don't care why the mindset is, I want our next coah to be a MANAGER. Manage your offensive and defensive coordinators, what I don't want is another head coach who turns his back to the field when his "expertise" unit is on the sidelines. I hated seeing Rex talking to the defensive line while our offense went 3 and out.

Am I the only one that DOES NOT want our headcoach to either coordinate the offense or defense? That's what we have coordinators for! The headcoach is just there to lead and make sure the players are happy. Stay out of game planning. Completely.

I get ya but there's not many guys out there that demand that kind of respect on the sideline.

The thing I like about a HC that runs the offense is the relationship with the QB. An experienced HC that's runs an efficient offense and has developed a rapport with our QB is something wed never had around here (I think?)...if we end up with that type of situation, there wouldn't be a hell of a lot to complain about.

I get ya but there's not many guys out there that demand that kind of respect on the sideline.

The thing I like about a HC that runs the offense is the relationship with the QB. An experienced HC that's runs an efficient offense and has developed a rapport with our QB is something wed never had around here (I think?)...if we end up with that type of situation, there wouldn't be a hell of a lot to complain about.

Depends. A QB can have the same relationship with the OC. I mean look at Jay Gruden. Dude is supposed to be this QB genius, meanwhile all his QB's sucked in Washington. It's a mess and none of them can stand him either it seems. Ideally I'd want our OC and QB to have that type of relationship so that the HC basically just stands around doing nothing except the media work, take the blame, get praised and what have you. He shouldn't be involved in game planning or developing players, drafting guys, scouting, bringing in free agents etc. there are already people in place to do that. Scouts draft players, GM's do the financial stuff, the coordinators do the gameplanning and the position coaches develop the players. The HC should be like the Queen of England. Look all important but really have no say in anything. The only exception is if you bring in a HC like Bill Cowher or Belichick. Those guys should run the place and have final say in everything. But if you can't have that caliber of a HC then don't bother. That's just my 2 cents.

I don't care why the mindset is, I want our next coah to be a MANAGER. Manage your offensive and defensive coordinators, what I don't want is another head coach who turns his back to the field when his "expertise" unit is on the sidelines. I hated seeing Rex talking to the defensive line while our offense went 3 and out.

Well at least they kept the conversations short..

atlhealth.jpg

It is still early in the process, but here are some names that have been mentioned for the Jets openings at head coach and general manager. Each link has additional information and fan reaction.

General Manager

• Ravens assistant GM
Head Coach

• Ex-Raiders head coach

Not a bad list of names. Would like to see Tobin from Cinci on their as well as a few more coaching candidates with experince like Shanahan.

The only one I am lost on is Cable. He has a horrendous track record. Why would any team be interested in him? Didn't he attack and assault one of his assistants a few years back? I don't get it.

atlhealth.jpg

General Manager

• Ravens assistant GM

Head Coach

• Ex-Raiders head coach

I really like the idea of Kirchner and Quinn. Not that I love either one but together they would be of one mindset and one philosophy. Something we have not had in a longtime. I would love to see a GM/HC tandem that are extremely close that have a history of working together. 

Cable would possibly be the worst hire in our existence.

We already did that with the likes of Winner, Holtz, Walton, Coslet, Kotite, Edwards, Itsaprocess and Andallthatstuff...

Cable would have to work extremely hard at sucking to be at the top of that Ring of Horror

The Jets draft horribly this should be there first priority when pursuing management positions. Mark Ross whom they interviewed before should have been there first hire last time around is available, give him another chance then hire him.

The next thing is as usual the cart us ahead of the horse. Why are they looking for a coach at the same time you are looking for a GM?

As a business man Woody's assessment of Rex's job says a lot, the micro management he applied as reasons for Rex's firing was a joke at best. If you need to clean house then you should have had someone in mind prior to firing the coach, because Doug Marrone is not the answer he is down right awful as a coach, a la Ray Handley! Please not again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived