Early first 4 picks Jets Mock

Lupz27

Olomu is projected to be a 1st/2nd Rounder.  Do you see him falling?

How about:

1. Brandon Scherff, Iowa (OT/OG) -- Top Rated Lineman in the Draft

2. Dorial Green Beckham, South Carolina (WR) -- Pray he's Lavernius Coles II, not a Headcase Waiting to Bust.

3. Tre'Jackson, Florida State (OG) -- Roadgrader.

4. Sean Mannion, Oregon (QB) -- Pro-Style Old-School Dropback Passer, Needs a Year to Sit and Learn and Get an NFL QB Coach teaching him, and I'm 100% fine with that! 

CB to be addressed in Free Agency, the rest of the Draft looking at DB's and LB'ers primarily.

I'd be happy with Cooper or Scherff at #6. Scherff makes sense, put him on the right side of the line either at G or move Breno inside and scherff at T, and then he will eventually be Brick's replacement. With that said, if Cooper is there with Scherff I want Cooper. 

I'd be happy with Cooper or Scherff at #6. Scherff makes sense, put him on the right side of the line either at G or move Breno inside and scherff at T, and then he will eventually be Brick's replacement. With that said, if Cooper is there with Scherff I want Cooper. 

Yep, Cooper or Scherff at 6 is the way to go.

1.6 OLB Randy Gregory, Nebraska

2.5 WR Dorial Green Beckham, South Carolina

3.6 CB Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon

4.5 QB Shane Carden, East Carolina

If the Jets go defense with their first pick and it isn't via trading that pick to the Texans for JJ Watt I will stop following this team because that decision will show me immediately that the new GM and HC dont get it. Either trade down or take the best offensive lineman available. 

I like the rest of your draft though, though Olomu seemed to have dropped significantly. He's graded out as the best CB in college football by some sites. If he's available in the 3rd round you def pull the trigger. 

If the Jets go defense with their first pick and it isn't via trading that pick to the Texans for JJ Watt I will stop following this team because that decision will show me immediately that the new GM and HC dont get it. Either trade down or take the best offensive lineman available.

I like the rest of your draft though, though Olomu seemed to have dropped significantly. He's graded out as the best CB in college football by some sites. If he's available in the 3rd round you def pull the trigger.

It's tough to let a High Motor edge rusher with that much talent get away wouldn't be shocked to see him go 2nd if Winston falls. He has room to grow, and is widely considered a great kid.

I do understand your point, but what if we sign Iupati, and a big FA WR? Do you really want to take a non can't miss OT over a can't miss edge rusher something we haven't had since Abraham left? Trading down is great, but it takes 2 to tango, and the Jets seem to have a tough time trading back in first.

It's tough to let a High Motor edge rusher with that much talent get away wouldn't be shocked to see him go 2nd if Winston falls. He has room to grow, and is widely considered a great kid.

I do understand your point, but what if we sign Iupati, and a big FA WR? Do you really want to take a non can't miss OT over a can't miss edge rusher something we haven't had since Abraham left? Trading down is great, but it takes 2 to tango, and the Jets seem to have a tough time trading back in first.

There's no such thing as a "can't miss" edge rusher.

Let me put it to you this way. Since 2007 The Jets have had a total of 10 first round draft picks. 8 of the Jets 10 1st round picks were on the defensive side of the ball. The last 6 first round draft picks have ALL been on the defensive side of the ball, yet we still have holes on the defense. 

The offense has been neglected for 10 years Lupz. This is the problem. Every single year there is an excuse not to draft for the side of the ball that ends up losing football games come the start of the season and then they wonder why is this happening. There are offensive players worth the 6th pick in the draft and it doesnt have to be Mariota or Winston because its obviously that they're worth higher than the 6th pick. The Jets need to find out who is worth that pick on the offensive side of the ball and make sure that they are filling a need. Right now we need to revamp our oline, get 1 or 2 WR's and a quarterback. We dont need an edge rusher more than we need to replenish our offense. The Jets being #6 in total defense yet in the bottom 10 in total offense proves my point. 

1.6 OLB Randy Gregory, Nebraska

2.5 WR Dorial Green Beckham, South Carolina

3.6 CB Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon

4.5 QB Shane Carden, East Carolina

I watched Carden today and I wanted to retch.  But I don't watch a lot of college football, so the other picks might be great

How about:

2. Dorial Green Beckham, South Carolina (WR) -- Pray he's Lavernius Coles II, not a Headcase Waiting to Bust.

4. Sean Mannion, Oregon (QB) -- Pro-Style Old-School Dropback Passer, Needs a Year to Sit and Learn and Get an NFL QB Coach teaching him, and I'm 100% fine with that! 

CB to be addressed in Free Agency, the rest of the Draft looking at DB's and LB'ers primarily.

I would love this draft if we can make this happen.  People don't realize it starts with the O-Line every elite team has a very good O Line and being that this free agent class if the best in about 10 years we should be able to make our impression felt.  Sean is underrated also.  I would add Tyler Locket WR from Kansas State as well

How about:

I could agree with this more and if this is our draft, we will absolutely make the playoffs for we would now have on of the best OL's in the NFL with Brick, Tre Jackson, Nick Mangold, Brian Winters, Brandon Scherff.  Ground and pound would return to NY

Archived