Early first 4 picks Jets Mock

Lupz27

Olomu is projected to be a 1st/2nd Rounder.  Do you see him falling?

How about:

1. Brandon Scherff, Iowa (OT/OG) -- Top Rated Lineman in the Draft

2. Dorial Green Beckham, South Carolina (WR) -- Pray he's Lavernius Coles II, not a Headcase Waiting to Bust.

3. Tre'Jackson, Florida State (OG) -- Roadgrader.

4. Sean Mannion, Oregon (QB) -- Pro-Style Old-School Dropback Passer, Needs a Year to Sit and Learn and Get an NFL QB Coach teaching him, and I'm 100% fine with that! 

CB to be addressed in Free Agency, the rest of the Draft looking at DB's and LB'ers primarily.

If we're going to be stuck with Geno for at least 1 more year, and we have our 2 Pro Bowl OL aging quickly, we must go all in on upgrading our OL.

I don't think Jackson will be there when we pick in the 3rd. Maybe a guy like Daryl Williams out of Oklahoma? 6'5 321 ibs.

Regardless of who we take, we get younger and cheaper on the OL.

As far as you drafting a QB, take a look at the positional rankings for QB and their likely Draft positions.

I think you'll find your QB in the 4th is too high a position, if you agree with the projected draft position.

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-QBs.asp

2 words ...Von Miller

You're right. Miller was, Watt was, Mario was. Those are just some of the easy sure things, though. You can also pick out steals like Justin Houston, busts like Vernon Gholston, and players at other positions from Kenrick Ellis to Jamie Collins, using basically nothing besides the combine numbers. Identifying the elite pass rushers is comparatively a lot easier than it is for most other positions.

Olomu is projected to be a 1st/2nd Rounder.  Do you see him falling?

How about:

1. Brandon Scherff, Iowa (OT/OG) -- Top Rated Lineman in the Draft

2. Dorial Green Beckham, South Carolina (WR) -- Pray he's Lavernius Coles II, not a Headcase Waiting to Bust.

3. Tre'Jackson, Florida State (OG) -- Roadgrader.

4. Sean Mannion, Oregon (QB) -- Pro-Style Old-School Dropback Passer, Needs a Year to Sit and Learn and Get an NFL QB Coach teaching him, and I'm 100% fine with that! 

CB to be addressed in Free Agency, the rest of the Draft looking at DB's and LB'ers primarily.

Like all your picks except Mannion.  That guy has Kyle Boller written all over him.

1.6 OLB Randy Gregory, Nebraska

2.5 WR Dorial Green Beckham, South Carolina

3.6 CB Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon

4.5 QB Shane Carden, East Carolina

Ah, my boy Shane. As the resident ECU grad/fan...as much as it pains me, this isn't a good fit.

First off, Shane is incredibly intelligent -- he actually had an academic scholarship to Harvard, but wanted to play football so ended up at ECU. Can't really go in much more opposite of a direction lol. He's got all the intangibles, above average mobility, and is fairly accurate. That said, he doesn't have the best arm strength and he comes from an air raid system that would lead to a steep learning curve for the pro game. Again, he's got the smarts to handle it (one day he's going to be one hell of a coach)...but not necessarily all the skills you want to see.

Shane's upside is Chad Pennington, truthfully. And I love the man, he did a lot of great things for my school...I'm just trying to be honest. If you're willing to have him sit for a year or two, who knows. Once upon a time the knock on Peyton Manning was poor arm strength, and Shane will certainly put in the time and effort to maximize his potential...I'm just not sure he'd set this forum on fire haha.

With that said...two guys that would be excellent are Justin Hardy (set the NCAA career receptions mark, and has crazy ability and work ethic) and Cam Worthy. Justin will be the higher drafted (2nd/3rd round...could move up or down with combine numbers) but Cam is the taller, go up and get it reciever of the two.

Fwiw, I love the Green-Beckham pick.

Just go watch Randy Gregory play, Brady will want to retire having to face a line with Gregory, Wilk, and Richardson twice a year

I have watched him play (Husker fan here) - I just don't get the hype about this kid.  Quite frankly, I'd rather have Coples playing instead.

Gregory's going to be passed by Shane Ray during the offseason and Scherff is overrated at this point IMO. I expect Flowers to be the better heralded OT come draft time.... and Cardon/Mannion are career back ups at best. 

So, gonna say no to this draft. Love DGB and Ifo in the 3rd because of the knee injury are incredible value picks tho. 

If the Jets go defense with their first pick and it isn't via trading that pick to the Texans for JJ Watt I will stop following this team because that decision will show me immediately that the new GM and HC dont get it. Either trade down or take the best offensive lineman available.

I like the rest of your draft though, though Olomu seemed to have dropped significantly. He's graded out as the best CB in college football by some sites. If he's available in the 3rd round you def pull the trigger.

So, if the Jets pick the best defensive layer in the draft, BPA, at what will be a position of need if we move to a 4-3, it shows incompetence!??

Idk why you're posting on a fan forum villian. It is obvious your expertise should be put to use in an NFL front office

So, if the Jets pick the best defensive layer in the draft, BPA, at what will be a position of need if we move to a 4-3, it shows incompetence!??

Idk why you're posting on a fan forum villian. It is obvious your expertise should be put to use in an NFL front office

I've been waiting by the phone to see if Woody would call me for the GM gig but the only one to seem to vouch for me is you. :-(

Im torn, and because of that I'm left posting on fan forums hoping that someone in that Jets organization would recognize my genius. 

I've been waiting by the phone to see if Woody would call me for the GM gig but the only one to seem to vouch for me is you. :-(

Im torn, and because of that I'm left posting on fan forums hoping that someone in that Jets organization would recognize my genius.

That's alright buddy, I'll give you a sparkling recommendation as one of JNs most knowledable posters when Woody calls!

Archived