Wildcard playoff weekend fantasy football league for JN - $1,075 in prize $

Maxman

Here is a wildcard playoff weekend private fantasy football league for JetNation. It is $10 to enter, $400 to the winner, $250 to second and $100 for 3rd place. 4th - 16th place get money as well.  We should be running playoff leagues as well.

http://partners.fand...btag=a_887b_309

For anyone who isn't familiar it is a one week fantasy football league!  You pick players and there is a salary cap. It is pretty easy to set up a team.

Here is how the prize structure works:

1st:$400.00

2nd:$250.00

3rd:$100.00

4th - 16th:$25.00

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fantasy_football

We are going to take another shot at Fan Duel this week. There are only 8 teams so I am going to list mix of players that I would start and think will exceed their salaries. Here is the link to join the JetNation league, with $1,075 in prize money this week. Remember to enter by Saturday afternoon if you want to join.

• Andrew Luck $9,700  He is the most expensive player but he always excels at home and should have a huge game minus a zero running game.
  • Ben Roethlisberger $8,500-  The matchup is perfect and with Bell looking shaky, I can see 60 passes to keep them in it.
  • Jeremy Hill $7,400-  He will get 20 plus touches while the Colts struggle with physical backs.
  • Justin Forsett $7,000-  The Steelers continue to struggle on defense,  I may be in the minority but I see a shoot out.
  • Joique Bell $6,600-  He has a pretty low salary against a bad defense but I am not 100% on the train as I cannot tell how the touches will be assigned.
  • Jonathan Stewart $6,500-  In the last 5 weeks the Arizona run defense has fallen off the map and he is playing the best football of his career.  The Panthers have also move to a Seahawks like offense.
  • Dan Herron $5,400- He looks to be the RB1 and has a nice price but I would temper expectations.
  • Theo Riddick $4,800- I think they will throw more than normal and he is entrenched as the 3rd down RB.
  • Stepfan Taylor $4,700- This is the cheapest RB who should get at least 10 touches.
  • Antonio Brown $9,200-  The best WR in the NFL is as easy as it gets against a bottom pass defense.
  • Torrey Smith $7,100-  We continue our theme of listing a ton of offensive players in this game.
  • Golden Tate $6,800-  He has not been great lately but I have a hunch that Lions will open up the pass game.
  • Terrence Williams $5,300- A cheap option who seems like he scores a TD every game plus Lions are much weaker against the pass.
  • Marcus Wheaton $4,900-  The best bargain in the under 5,000 range.
  • Justin Tucker $4,800-  Just love everyone in this game.
  • Mike Nugent $4,700-  I see this one as pretty high scoring game as well.
  • Carolina defense $5,500-  This is the easiest pick of the week.
Best of Luck!
Fantasy Mike
Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
XoYTYROV0O0

View the full article

Made my teams and I'm not looking back. Tough week this week. The difference between 3rd and 23rd will be decided by your kicker.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got 5 in now. I feel like the same 3 players are going to be owned at a 90% clip this week looking at the different lineups I've done, that aren't that different. I wish I knew what defense is going off

I got caught up in home depot, and didn't get home in time to add funds to make more teams. I only won $25 over the last 2 weeks, so I had $15 left in my account. I took teh winnings out immediately when I won a month or so ago, and I'd been breaking even every week until the last 2.

Hopefully my 1 team can do something.

I got caught up in home depot, and didn't get home in time to add funds to make more teams. I only won $25 over the last 2 weeks, so I had $15 left in my account. I took teh winnings out immediately when I won a month or so ago, and I'd been breaking even every week until the last 2.

Hopefully my 1 team can do something.

I've done better when I just do one team. When I enter a bunch I'm all over the place

I've done better when I just do one team. When I enter a bunch I'm all over the place

Yeah, what I've found is that when I enter 5, I go through this tinkering process of trying not to have the same people used in all my lineups. It's a quick way to make all 5 entries mediocre. 

Now, help me out here. Im picking my teams this week, I know that Bell is out and his backups suck, and I know that Baltimore sucks at corner. Why wouldn't everyone play Antonio Brown?

I got 7 entries and I think they all have Brown, so I'm thinking the same way as you on this. I thought every team would have him

Now, help me out here. Im picking my teams this week, I know that Bell is out and his backups suck, and I know that Baltimore sucks at corner. Why wouldn't everyone play Antonio Brown?

Don't be a dick.

Some people think the path to winning is to hit on the low-percentage owned guys, who have homerun weeks, that also fit into the budget. 

Don't be a dick.

Some people think the path to winning is to hit on the low-percentage owned guys, who have homerun weeks, that also fit into the budget.

This is the way to go for a win and not just finish in the money but I needed to.take him given the matchup with Bell out and Ngata back

This is the way to go for a win and not just finish in the money but I needed to.take him given the matchup with Bell out and Ngata back

I try to split the difference. I'm okay being in the 66% of teams that gets the same points as a "floor" from Brown, as longs the combination of frugal picks I made can outscore everyone else's. I ended up using Stephan Taylor in that game just now, that was like forgetting to put a guy in the lineup, haha... but I do love the rest of my picks. Hilton, Smith Sr., Brown, Hill, Fleener and Ben.

Don't be a dick.

Don't be a dick.

I wasn't being a dick. I legitimately don't know. I'm awful at fantasy football.

I wasn't being a dick. I legitimately don't know. I'm awful at fantasy football.

I think Brown was the best pick of the week but the problem with the obvious pick is he kills it, half the league kills it. If he whomps it the few people who went the other way sh*t all over us.

Archived