Steelers-31 Bengals-17, FINAL

The 2nd half, a complete different story then the 1st. Cincy led this one 17-14 at the half even though young star QB Carson Palmer went down on his first pass attempt of the game (which was completed to rookie WR Chris Henry who also was knocked out of the game on that play). Kitna came in and in the 1st half played well but in the 2nd he came back down to the Kitna of old, nothing but an average at best QB who can't lead...especially against a defense like Pittsburgh's.

Over-RatedBerger played well today, for a change, when he had to throw the football game so I guess I have to give him some credit for that, even though still more then half of his passes were little dumpoffs.

With the win the Steelers head to Indianapolis next Sunday at 1pm on CBS and the Patriots head to Denver on Saturday for a night game in Denver (8pm on CBS).

Here are some key final game stats from each team:

Pittsburgh

Over-RatedBerger ~ 14-19, 208 yards, 3 TD's

Bettis ~ 10 carries, 52 yards

Parker ~ 16 carries, 38 yards / 3 receptions, 41 yards, TD

Wilson ~ 3 receptions, 104 yards, TD

Cincinnati

Kitna ~ 24-40, 197 yards, TD, 2 INT's

R.Johnson ~ 13 carries, 56 yards, TD

Walter ~ 5 receptions, 73 yards

C.Johnson ~ 4 receptions, 59 yards

The 2nd half, a complete different story then the 1st. Cincy led this one 17-14 at the half even though young star QB Carson Palmer went down on his first pass attempt of the game (which was completed to rookie WR Chris Henry who also was knocked out of the game on that play). Kitna came in and in the 1st half played well but in the 2nd he came back down to the Kitna of old, nothing but an average at best QB who can't lead...especially against a defense like Pittsburgh's.

Over-RatedBerger played well today, for a change, when he had to throw the football game so I guess I have to give him some credit for that, even though still more then half of his passes were little dumpoffs.

With the win the Steelers head to Indianapolis next Sunday at 1pm on CBS and the Patriots head to Denver on Saturday for a night game in Denver (8pm on CBS).

Here are some key final game stats from each team:

Pittsburgh

Over-RatedBerger ~ 14-19, 208 yards, 3 TD's

Bettis ~ 10 carries, 52 yards

Parker ~ 16 carries, 38 yards / 3 receptions, 41 yards, TD

Wilson ~ 3 receptions, 104 yards, TD

Cincinnati

Kitna ~ 24-40, 197 yards, TD, 2 INT's

R.Johnson ~ 13 carries, 56 yards, TD

Walter ~ 5 receptions, 73 yards

C.Johnson ~ 4 receptions, 59 yards

Nice to see youre finally starting to warm up to Big Ben. It's not his fault he's in a conservative offense. He has everything a big time QB needs though, and thats evident. You are definately making progress! =D>

I feel bad that Carson got hurt as well. These 2 fine young QB's will have plenty more duels in their careers, though. He'll bounce back.

Next up, Indi. I know, NO ONE will give us a shot at beating them. Doesn't matter. If we keep our offense opened up and PROTECT Ben, and get a decent rush on Peyton, we'll shock the world. =D>

Archived