MARIOTA vs WINSTON Rose Bowl ESPN 2pm PT today

jetrider

At 6 we didn't have a shot at either one of them anyway.

Trade a 3rd to Tampa for Mike Glennon and draft a developmental guy in the later rounds.

Not so sure about that. If I'm TB or TEN or anyone else, I'm thinking whoa whoa whoa... Thats the guy? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait? for what? Doomsday? The team can't get much worse. There's no real "set back" from 4-12. They have 40+ mil in cap space. They can take a top QB every year for the next 3 years it wouldn't matter.

Take a swing who knows maybe they'll hit. Can't hit a home run if the bat never leaves your shoulder. 

Anyone who actually sat down and watched the games yesterday knows Winston played well.  If you're 15 years old and saw one of the fumbling memes on tumblr you think Winston turned the ball over 50 times yesterday and passed for -50 yards.

3 fumbles by FSU skill position players and a dropped pass that turned into a pick won Oregon the game yesterday.  Greene also dropped a pass at the end of the 2nd qtr that would have resulted in a field goal. 

Funny thing when people actually watch the games.

Not so sure about that. If I'm TB or TEN or anyone else, I'm thinking whoa whoa whoa... Thats the guy? Really?

Winston and Mariota are both going 1-2.  If TB hires an Oregon assistant to be their new OC and they implement Chip Kelly's offense with Evans and Vincent Jackson to throw to Mariota could be lethal.

If Winston says he's playing baseball instead of NFL he will absolutely drop.  If not, he's gone by 6.

Winston and Mariota are both going 1-2. If TB hires an Oregon assistant to be their new OC and they implement Chip Kelly's offense with Evans and Vincent Jackson to throw to Mariota could be lethal.

If Winston says he's playing baseball instead of NFL he will absolutely drop. If not, he's gone by 6.

Ya? The same way Bridgewater was a lock to go top 5 last year? Please... Mariota is going to be a "as much as you like him" prospect. He's not Andrew luck or even Matt stafford. U draft him and you gotta tailor the offense. Some teams don't want that. I do think TB will be a likely place depending on who their new OC, but nothing's guaranteed as you say

Ya? The same way Bridgewater was a lock to go top 5 last year? Please... Mariota is going to be a "as much as you like him" prospect. He's not Andrew luck or even Matt stafford. U draft him and you gotta tailor the offense. Some teams don't want that. I do think TB will be a likely place depending on who their new OC, but nothing's guaranteed as you say

Give me a f*cking break Winston is a way better player than Bridgewater.

Give me a f*cking break Winston is a way better player than Bridgewater.

"Better"? ...better at what? Doing a Jay Cutler impersonation? ..you're missing my point if you're comparing Winston and Bridgewater.

WHEW! I am so glad Winston just showed the whole country what a douchebag he really is. Screaming at his Head Coach on the sideline. I was starting to get concerned the Jets would be tempted to take his sorry ass.

That might seal the Deal for the Jets. We always go for the wrong ones. If Mariota is gone...The the Jets would be better served with a middle of the mill veteran if any are available....

Mariota has to be in a particular system in order to be successful in the nfl.  If he plays in a conventional NFL offensive package and used as a drop back qb he's going to be Geno part 2.

Everything does are tag passes and screens.  One of the few teams last night he had actually go through progressions he threw a pick.  Maybe Tampa picks him and hires someone who runs the Chip Kelly offense - if that happens sure he'll be a pro bowler in the NFL but if runs a typical NFL offense he's screwed.

What offense would it be though? Chip Kelly has come in with the spread offense & it hasn't failed but it also has not been a success. In fact, the only team that runs a successful uptempo offense are the Pats, and they have an accurate, HOF QB at the helm. Mariotta is FAR from that. I'd be hesitant to take this guy, especially #1 overall.

wait? for what? Doomsday? The team can't get much worse. There's no real "set back" from 4-12. They have 40+ mil in cap space. They can take a top QB every year for the next 3 years it wouldn't matter.

Take a swing who knows maybe they'll hit. Can't hit a home run if the bat never leaves your shoulder

+1 in 1965 both our 1st rd pick and 2nd rd pick were QB's...

It's unreal people on here are saying Winston played well. He was awful and showed like he has all year why he'll suck in the NFL. He's garbage (and I spelled it right that time lol)

Crap now I have no place to park my car when I visit to go drinking..2.gif

At 6 we didn't have a shot at either one of them anyway. 

Trade a 3rd to Tampa for Mike Glennon and draft a developmental guy in the later rounds.

I don't see that happening. It's either Winston or they sign a vet and stick with Geno. No sense parting with a 3rd for Glennon.

I personally am scared to death of Winston. The way he handles himself has big red flags.

If the new GM and coach think they can coach Winston up, then I'm OK with that. If not, would St. Louis do a trade with us?

I don't see that happening. It's either Winston or they sign a vet and stick with Geno. No sense parting with a 3rd for Glennon.

I personally am scared to death of Winston. The way he handles himself has big red flags.

If the new GM and coach think they can coach Winston up, then I'm OK with that. If not, would St. Louis do a trade with us?

Glennon is a much better pocket passer than Geno and any of the names of free agent qb's that have been thrown around. He's gotten a raw deal because Lovie wanted to play the big free agent acquisition Josh Mccown over him. If Glennon came to the jets I think he'd do very well for us.

Anyone who actually sat down and watched the games yesterday knows Winston played well.  If you're 15 years old and saw one of the fumbling memes on tumblr you think Winston turned the ball over 50 times yesterday and passed for -50 yards.

3 fumbles by FSU skill position players and a dropped pass that turned into a pick won Oregon the game yesterday.  Greene also dropped a pass at the end of the 2nd qtr that would have resulted in a field goal. 

Funny thing when people actually watch the games.

Because the Rose Bowl was the only game they watched and they probably didn't watch the whole thing.

They also think Mariota can't throw downfield because yesterday's game plan wasn't a huge air attack.

Winston improved a lot since mid season. He's not throwing reckless picks like before. And I'm tired of people ridiculing his throwing technique, which I think is great. 

He's a lot like Elway. Winston's a baseball pitcher/outfielder and it shows when he plants and fires.

Baseball players in general are good throwers, every position requires them to be.  

What a loser mentality. Spoken like a true arm chair general manager.

Why because Paradis knows all.

I need to go back to look at the guys you wanted the Jets to take in last years draft.

If you were a guest on the Apprentice Trump would tell you

YOUR FIRED! LOL!

Why because Paradis knows all.

I need to go back to look at the guys you wanted the Jets to take in last years draft.

If you were a guest on the Apprentice Trump would tell you

YOUR FIRED! LOL!

What are you, fifty years old? Worst lol ever.

Yes please go back and look at the draft picks i banged the table for... Cause then I can tell you to stfu.

I was against Winston, but I figure if he's there take him. We have nothing at Q.B, so anything is a major upgrade. We have not had an NFL grade offence for so long, I can't remember what one looks like. I watch other teams and think, are we even playing the same sport?

I was against Winston, but I figure if he's there take him. We have nothing at Q.B, so anything is a major upgrade. We have not had an NFL grade offence for so long, I can't remember what one looks like. I watch other teams and think, are we even playing the same sport?

If they draft Winston you'll be thinking the same thing for the next three years.

nice read. Any Jets fan who is seriously in favor of passing on this player, in the miracle he falls to 6 overall, probably has another agenda. 

It's a moot point as he's probably going 1. or to the major leagues. 

When I read a tweet that said NFL scouts were somewhat impressed with Winston after the game, I had to do this exercise. I thought he was better than most thought, but after examining each dropback, I more than agreed with the NFL personnel people. He made some impressive decisions and throws; some that were incomplete were even better than the ones that were caught.

nice read. Any Jets fan who is seriously in favor of passing on this player, in the miracle he falls to 6 overall, probably has another agenda. 

What agenda do you think that is, exactly, Bit?

I would pass (if I did) because of serious maturity and personality concerns, and how that might combine with the New York market , media and millions of dollars. 

He may be a rapist Bit, or are you truly head-in-sand over that whitewash? 

Amazing the differences between your feelings over him, and say, your past feelings over the Duke Lacrosse team.  Didn't think I'd forget that, did you?

Seems rape is ok.......to Bit........as long as you can play QB, eh?

The kid has all the signs of being A. very talented, B. exceptionally immature and C. in posession of a willingness to break laws and rules.

Keeping these potential pitfalls in mind isn't "another agenda", it's wise planning, to avoid another potential Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russel (or a dozen other, equally talented, equally stupid/lazy/criminal players who came before).

What agenda do you think that is, exactly, Bit?

I would pass (if I did) because of serious maturity and personality concerns, and how that might combine with the New York market , media and millions of dollars. 

He may be a rapist Bit, or are you truly head-in-sand over that whitewash? 

Amazing the differences between your feelings over him, and say, your past feelings over the Duke Lacrosse team.  Didn't think I'd forget that, did you?

Seems rape is ok.......to Bit........as long as you can play QB, eh?

The kid has all the signs of being A. very talented, B. exceptionally immature and C. in posession of a willingness to break laws and rules.

Keeping these potential pitfalls in mind isn't "another agenda", it's wise planning, to avoid another potential Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russel (or a dozen other, equally talented, equally stupid/lazy/criminal players who came before).

No you have to have a Bowl win under your belt first.. :winking0001:

If Winston's the goods he's gone. It's pointless to even think about it. I have no idea if Mariota's going to be any good either but the same goes there. The upside play in free agency is Ryan goddamned Mallett. We're already down a draft pick and the trade market is like Stanton, Cousins, Glennon. Finding a quarterback in this spot is going to take some kind of bold stroke, but hey, the new GM and coach have to bet their careers on somebody.

Mariotta - Cam Newton

Winston - Ben Roethlisberger

As far as Mariota goes, he's a wayyyy more polished Colin Kaepernick. Not sure I see the Newton similarities. Newton is everything Jamarcus Russell should have been. Different type of player than Marcus. Winston is absolutely similar to Big Ben though

Archived