Detroit losing was an abomination and the NFL sould be ashamed

ASH1962

Nobody is getting the point of the outrage by football fans. PIs are not discussed & the flag picked up.

I've seen hundreds of sh*tty PI calls vs my Jets this year and not one of them ever turned into a 3 minute discussion & was then overturned by someone who supposedly had a better angle.

I remember a PI that was called in New England by a ref 25 yards off the ball on the sideline while the ref that was directly involved in the play didn't call squat.

How come that wasn't "discussed" since obviously the guy standing right there had the best view.

Let me tell you this, other than balls going WAY OVER THE HEAD of the receiver & deemed uncatchable, discussing & overturning PI calls will do nothing for the NFLs credibility.

Real football fans know that picking up a PI flag AFTER it's thrown on a play like yesterdays is shady at best because it's completely not in the normality of what all of us see vs our teams every Sunday of every season.

It was plain wrong & I would be pissed if I were a Lion fan this morning.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anytime a defender did not make a turn and a play on the ball it has been called PI.

If they don't pick up the flag and tack on 15 yards on Dez for unsportsmanlike conduct Detroit is deep in Dallas territory looking at at least a field goal to put them up 6 or if they get the TD it puts the game out of reach.

Pass Interference
  1. There shall be no interference with a forward pass thrown from behind the line. The restriction for the passing team starts with the snap. The restriction on the defensive team starts when the ball leaves the passer’s hand. Both restrictions end when the ball is touched by anyone.
  2. The penalty for defensive pass interference is an automatic first down at the spot of the foul. If interference is in the end zone, it is first down for the offense on the defense’s 1-yard line. If previous spot was inside the defense’s 1-yard line, penalty is half the distance to the goal line.
  3. The penalty for offensive pass interference is 10 yards from the previous spot.
  4. It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched. 

Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to: 

(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch. 

(B) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball. 

© Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass. 

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball. 

(e) Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball. 

(f) Hooking a receiver in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the receiver’s body to turn prior to the ball arriving. 

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to: 

(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference. 

(B) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball. 

© Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players. 

(d) Laying a hand on a receiver that does not restrict the receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball. 

(e) Contact by a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball. 

Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to: 

(a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched. 

(B) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass. 

© Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field. 

Actions that do not constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to: 

(a) Incidental contact by a receiver’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball or neither player is looking for the ball. 

(B) Inadvertent touching of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball. 

© Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the ball is clearly uncatchable by involved players. 

Note 1: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference. 

Note 2: Defensive players have as much right to the path of the ball as eligible offensive players. 

Note 3: Pass interference for both teams ends when the pass is touched. 

Note 4: There can be no pass interference at or behind the line of scrimmage, but defensive actions such as tackling a receiver can still result in a 5-yard penalty for defensive holding, if accepted. 

Note 5: Whenever a team presents an apparent punting formation, defensive pass interference is not to be called for action on the end man on the line of scrimmage, or an eligible receiver behind the line of scrimmage who is aligned or in motion more than one yard outside the end man on the line. Defensive holding, such as tackling a receiver, still can be called and result in a 5-yard penalty and automatic first down from the previous spot, if accepted. Offensive pass interference rules still apply.

A better question would be why wasn't Dez Bryant flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for running out on the field without his helmet to protest the flag?

you are right.  I am sure he will get fined, like Beckham did last week. There was no penalty called in that game either.  These gus are worse than hockey refs

I'm not claiming victimhood. To be perfectly honest, I think Spybabies who think the Patriots won Superbowls with mind reading helmets and video cameras are too stupid to make me their victim. In fact, I honestly think you have to have an IQ lower than 90 to believe that Bill Belichick was running a conspiracy on the sidelines, in real time, for years and years and years, to rock, scissor, and paper his way to division titles, play off wins, and Superbowl victories.

Let me reiterate: I think you have to be a legitimate and complete Effing moron to believe that.

"In real time" has no bearing on the facts whatsoever. The fact is, BB had an employee illegally decked out in NFL attire, insteadof Patriots attire, filming from an unapproved location at unapproved material. The NFL, who viewed said film, decided that the coach deserved the harshest fine in NFL history for the transgression.

Now just to be clear... I think anyone who doesn't understand that he, and therefor... the Patriots cheated, is a complete and unmitigated dumbass. Let me reiterate: dumbass.

"In real time" has no bearing on the facts whatsoever. The fact is, BB had an employee illegally decked out in NFL attire, insteadof Patriots attire, filming from an unapproved location at unapproved material. The NFL, who viewed said film, decided that the coach deserved the harshest fine in NFL history for the transgression.

Now just to be clear... I think anyone who doesn't understand that he, and therefor... the Patriots cheated, is a complete and unmitigated dumbass. Let me reiterate: dumbass.

Patriot frontrunner drunken lout fans, none in existence until Mo Lewis and Walt Coleman created them are, frankly, a perfect mirror of the filthy cheating scumbag team they root for

GO RAVENS!!! RIP BRADY'S HEAD OFF HIS NECK!!!

Caldwell and Jay Cutler both have the same expressionless looks on their faces. You can take that from a coach but NOT a QB.

Eh, Eli always has that stupid look on his face and he somehow won 2 SBs (who the hell knows how he did it, but he did). Some say Flacco also has the expressionless face, but I'd take him as my playoff QB no quesiton.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

He was in Patriots attire. The NFL also saw Ray Rice nearly kill his wife and thought a 2 game suspension was in order.

It wasn't the heaviest fine in NFL history. The Broncos were fined 2 million dollars over two seasons for salary cap violations.

What's a defensive signal? How does taping them help win games? Walk me through it. I know you can't.

Jimmy Johnson admitted he did all that and more during the Cowboys run. The memo went out to the entire league for a reason. Roger Goodell rule changes in 2007 don't have anything to do with football seasons in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

You're a delusional conspiracy theorist.

Tell me what you think the Patriots were doing in real time on the sidelines to cheat to win Superbowls. I can't wait. Every time I ask someone that they immediately get silent.

Dallas in the playoffs makes so much more sense business wise for the NFL.

You cant convince me that in NY, the meetings clearly call for marginal calls to go the way of the poster child.

Manning, Brady, Luck, Cowboys etc...

So if you think the NFL is essentially the WWE why are you still watching it, why do you care, and why does it bother you the Jets aren't competitive in what is essentially sports entertainment?

So if you think the NFL is essentially the WWE why are you still watching it, why do you care, and why does it bother you the Jets aren't competitive in what is essentially sports entertainment?

Typical CHOWD response.

Better yet...why do you post on an opposing teams site???  

Seeing it live it looked like an obvious PI, slowing it down, it was not PI as faceguarding is allowed in NFL. It was certainly a defensive holding penalty that should have been called, that said Det had the ball with a chance 2 win the game.

He was in Patriots attire. The NFL also saw Ray Rice nearly kill his wife and thought a 2 game suspension was in order.

It wasn't the heaviest fine in NFL history. The Broncos were fined 2 million dollars over two seasons for salary cap violations.

What's a defensive signal? How does taping them help win games? Walk me through it. I know you can't.

Jimmy Johnson admitted he did all that and more during the Cowboys run. The memo went out to the entire league for a reason. Roger Goodell rule changes in 2007 don't have anything to do with football seasons in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

You're a delusional conspiracy theorist.

Tell me what you think the Patriots were doing in real time on the sidelines to cheat to win Superbowls. I can't wait. Every time I ask someone that they immediately get silent.

I don't explain myself to dumbasses.

Dallas in the playoffs makes so much more sense business wise for the NFL.

You cant convince me that in NY, the meetings clearly call for marginal calls to go the way of the poster child.

Manning, Brady, Luck, Cowboys etc...

+1 Especially they couldn't let Suh's team advance in the playoffs. Hell Dez on the field without a helmet arguing with a ref should have given the Lions a 1st down even with the other one picked up..

The memo went out to the entire league for a reason. Roger Goodell rule changes in 2007 don't have anything to do with football seasons in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

It wasn't a rule change, it was a reminder to teams of the rule, mainly because New England was suspected of videotaping other teams from the previous season.

"N.F.L. policy prohibits videotaping opposing coaches giving signals. Last year, the N.F.L.’s executive vice president of football operations, Ray Anderson, sent a memo to teams reminding them of the rule. The memo is believed to have been generated in part by suspicions that the Patriots had videotaped coaches at several games last season."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/14/sports/football/14patriots.html?_r=0

You're right, but it was the first time ever a team lost a first round pick as punishment.....so it's the heaviest punishment in that respect.

"Teams have forfeited first-round picks before, sent to other teams as compensation in tampering cases, but no team has ever lost a first-round pick as an outright punishment. No team will receive the draft pick or picks the Patriots will forfeit."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/14/sports/football/14patriots.html?_r=0

Why didn't the Jets lose a 1st round draft pick for taping our defensive signals?

Why did the Jets not have to swap draft picks THIS season with the Patriots for Woody openly tampering with Revis?

Please spare me the "it was so bad because Roger Goodell's punishment was so bad" argument. Roger Goodell is not consistent and has zero credibility as a league disiplinarian.

I'm not claiming victimhood. To be perfectly honest, I think Spybabies who think the Patriots won Superbowls with mind reading helmets and video cameras are too stupid to make me their victim. In fact, I honestly think you have to have an IQ lower than 90 to believe that Bill Belichick was running a conspiracy on the sidelines, in real time, for years and years and years, to rock, scissor, and paper his way to division titles, play off wins, and Superbowl victories.

Let me reiterate: I think you have to be a legitimate and complete Effing moron to believe that.

Now about Dallas, if you don't think NFL fans all over, in all their usual stupidity, aren't inventing a conspiracy out of this, you must have missed last night.

Watch. Win or lose, Cowboy fans are always going to have to hear from stupid dumb asses how their first play off win in X amount of years was the product of NFL conspiracies and a malicious PI call intended to destroy the Lions season and orchestrate a Dallas versus Green Bay divisional round.

NFL fans are becoming dangerously close to becoming WWE fanboy level idiots.

Hahhahahhhahhahaahhahahhahahahahahhaah.......hold on.....HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

You couldn't be more wrong. But it's all good, you know why?

The patriots are going to win the ever eluding 4TH Brady and Bill SB! To silence all us haters and doubters right?

Nope. Baltimore beats New England and the cheating low life bottom feeding Patriots and their sad delusional fans will go back to their holes.

That was fun for me. Now don't you think at 20 you were impressionable? And didn't realize at the time that your loyalty to what seemed as a classy organization was misguided? I understand your frustration and I just want you to know that everyone here at Jetnation is here for you. It's obvious you're a closet jet fan. You've even admitted on occasion that you've watched the jets from afar coveting Revis because you always "knew" he was destined to be a patriot. Or was it hope? Or maybe you wished you could be a jet? And you merely settled for Revis?

How was that? Enjoyable? Does it seem realistic?

That's what your posts look like to us. Incoherent, unimaginable and most of all...idiotic. We hate the Patriots, We hate Brady....you can't convince us otherwise. Keep your ideals and theories to yourself. I mean seriously? Who comes on a Jets Fan Forum preaching the sincerity and legitimacy of the New England Championships. A sad Troll with minimal friends, a lot of time and no clue. That's who.

Archived