Posting something other than HC/GM. Are the Patriots One and Done?

Jimmy IRisH

I live behind enemy lines. Listen to 98.5 Sports Hub (Boston cbs) everymorning and they are legit concerned the Ravens are the only team, if any, that can beat them. Before the playoffs even started callers would say "I don't care who we play or where just don't let it be Baltimore."

Like many here I would love nothing more than the whiny little pats fans to go away at least for the offseason. I will admit, for how bad their fans are, the talk radio is serviceable. As much as can be expected anyway

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live behind enemy lines. Listen to 98.5 Sports Hub (Boston cbs) everymorning and they are legit concerned the Ravens are the only team, if any, that can beat them. Before the playoffs even started callers would say "I don't care who we play or where just don't let it be Baltimore."

Like many here I would love nothing more than the whiny little pats fans to go away at least for the offseason. I will admit, for how bad their fans are, the talk radio is serviceable. As much as can be expected anyway

Me too.

Personally, I think the Colts, Broncos, Packers, Seahawks, and Ravens are all perfectly capable of beating NE. 

Yeah, I'm behind enemy lines too. I really can't stand Pat fan attitudes. The last weekend the Jets played the Pats this season the stupid recipe lady in the Providence Journal even published a recipe for what she called a "Jets blowout snack," or something along those lines. I was just hoping the Jets would have beaten the Pats and then I would have written in thanking her for the recipe, but I really didn't think the Jets really would blowout the Pats, but thanks anyway. With the Jets losing it wasn't worth it.

Anyway, yes I really think the Ravens can beat them again. That's what I expect anyway.

balt and seattle (would be favored) have the best shot imo, so them beating pitts was bad for NE for sure

Agreed, this is the biggest hurdle for them, I think the pats beat either the colts or denver rather easily the next week if they get past baltimore.

BAL winning was the worst possible scenario for NE.  Because they have the formula to

beat them:

- Physical team

- No fear of the NE/Belichick/Brady mystique

- Big front 7 that can move Brady off his spot.  Once that happens he's erratic

- Experience in actually beating them in the playoffs

I swear, Jets fans get more satisfaction with the Pats losing than the Jets winning.

says the guy with 1000x more posts here taunting jets fans after losses then @ Pats boards celebrating Pats wins

I swear, Jets fans get more satisfaction with the Pats losing than the Jets winning.

You expect me to deny that? Of course we do. With how much controversy there has been in the last 20 years and you being in our division? That's a no brainer. I literally sat in my car laughing at the callers saying "trade Brady to ARZ after the KC beat down." The only diff between Jets and Pats fans is we admit we like the demise and misfortune. Where NE fans act above it. I'm sure you're on a Jets Forum because you admire us, and it has nothing to do with how miserably we've faired as a franchise in recent memory

Agreed, this is the biggest hurdle for them, I think the pats beat either the colts or denver rather easily the next week if they get past baltimore.

Absolutely. Well the colts anyway, Denver is still Denver despite recent struggles. And I would love them to avenge the loss earlier this season, in the playoffs none the less, for the second straight year even more so

I felt heading into the postseason that the Steelers-Ravens winner would win the AFC.  The Steelers (with a healthy Le'Veon) would have been the most difficult opponent for the Pats (I felt they'd have gotten past the Broncos to force that AFC title game matchup), but the Ravens are strong too and obviously have the history against NE.

So yes, I'll say the Pats are one and done. 

revis takes one option away, flacco will kill them everywhere else

ravens pass rush makes brady a dink and dunker.  his army of elves will get destroyed with lethal hits and begin to cry

refs will give brady a gift roughing call, and let the past* lineman hold all day.  TX, I don't give a sh*t about your stupid stats, the cheatahs get away with murder and you know it.  well, not all of them but you get the point

I kind of want Pats to make it to the Super Bowl if Seattles waiting for them.

Green Bay & Dallas defenses stink!

Seahawks are a nightmare matchup & matchups are what it's all about.

Seahawks defense is built for smashing dink & dunk offenses like the the Pats plus they have a safety big enough & fast enough to shadow Gronk in Chancellor.

Sherman will totally negate Edelman & Maxwell will take care of Lafell.

Pats defense can't defend "running QBs"

Geno had 2 good games against them, imagine Russell Wilson getting the edge vs Ninkovich.

Wilsons scrambling ability forces BB to have someone with speed mirror him (Collins), that takes Collins out of the pass rushing, plus if you use a spy, the rest of the secondary has to play zone because you can't turn & run with receivers with Wilson running.

Really, really the worst matchup for the Pats & I'm telling you Pats fans are PRAYING they don't get Seattle in a Super Bowl matchup.

Could be UGLY (look what they did to another slow pocket passer & he has way better weapons than Brady).

BB can't scheme a guy like Wilson, way to unpredictable & they'll kill you with misdirection which is deadly when you don't have good team speed on defense which other Collins & Chandler Jones, Pats are a very SLOW defense.

who is the last member of the belicheat* coaching "tree" to go on to become a good NFL head coach ?

hint.  members of the parcells tree are not part of mumbles tree.  this includes RAC

mangini and joshie.

and why do so few of them even get interviews ?

who is the last member of the belicheat* coaching "tree" to go on to become a good NFL head coach ?

hint.  members of the parcells tree are not part of mumbles tree.  this includes RAC

mangini and joshie.

and why do so few of them even get interviews ?

Because none of them can bring Brady along and Belichick is a career loser without Brady

98.5 is tabloid trash. Their entire business model is based on airing click bait over the radio. People who hate the Patriots love that station. All they do is talk about how bad we are.

Fortunately, those two idiots aren't playing the game. Real football players are. So I'm not too worried about it.

Ravens are awful. Brady going to thrash that secondary and Flacco won't be tossing up passes against our trash secondary from 2011 and 2012.

The media marketing campaign is going to hype this game up because it's good for the NFL. You'll be hearing all week how the Ravens have our number, how Brady has historically had his roughest games against Baltimore. It's the playoffs. The games are going to be hyped.

Once kick off rolls around, the Patriots are going to steamroll this Ravens team.

The media marketing campaign is going to hype this game up because it's good for the NFL. You'll be hearing all week how the Ravens have our number, how Brady has historically had his roughest games against Baltimore. It's the playoffs. The games are going to be hyped.

Once kick off rolls around, the Patriots are going to steamroll this Ravens team.

i'd be willing to bet you said the same thing 2 years ago

Archived